Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

4x20: "THE DEBT COLLECTOR" Episode Discussion Thread (05/11/2017 @ 10PM)

4x20 | The Debt Collector
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
When Liz (Megan Boone) becomes the target of a mercenary known as the Debt Collector, Red (James Spader) turns to an unlikely source for help. Meanwhile, Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff) faces an unexpected complication in his efforts to stay ahead of Agent Gale's (Enrique Murciano) investigation. Fisher Stevens guest stars.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 05:59 AM
Old 05-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris! I can't wait to see it!
Old 05-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I was fooled. Completely and totally fooled. I thought Red was on the ship. And I spent the whole show complaining that he wasn't there to save Liz. And then when he walked out I was happy. I yelled out loud that he beat Kaplsn. And he set the whole thing up. And that was our original idea.

So can I say that I love dembe. I love him more everyday. That heart to heart with Red. Omg. I love it. I love how he loves Red. Hes on his side. He told him Kate went too far and had to be stopped. He said Red is right. I love him and that scene. I'm glad they finally talked about Kate.

And can I say stupid Liz, shouting to Kaplan. She just frustrates me. Maybe she is coming around to agree though. At least she heard him finally and sees that Kaplan Wont stop and red said he was only giving Kate a chance because of Liz.

And Gale is going to be trouble. Big trouble. I thought he might have put a bug on Ressler or something.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I was fooled. Completely and totally fooled. I thought Red was on the ship. And I spent the whole show complaining that he wasn't there to save Liz. And then when he walked out I was happy. I yelled out loud that he beat Kaplsn. And he set the whole thing up. And that was our original idea.

So can I say that I love dembe. I love him more everyday. That heart to heart with Red. Omg. I love it. I love how he loves Red. Hes on his side. He told him Kate went too far and had to be stopped. He said Red is right. I love him and that scene. I'm glad they finally talked about Kate.

And can I say stupid Liz, shouting to Kaplan. She just frustrates me. Maybe she is coming around to agree though. At least she heard him finally and sees that Kaplan Wont stop and red said he was only giving Kate a chance because of Liz.

And Gale is going to be trouble. Big trouble. I thought he might have put a bug on Ressler or something.
you are certainly correct, he put a tracker on Ressler and thats the only way he could have found the hidden cabin in the woods..
oh, and to mention, but the guy is a HORRIBLE shot... in real life, Red is Dead....
Old 05-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would like to say I told you so (Damn it, I'm too lazy and don't have enough time to look up the exact quote, but Marilyn, you get the wink, right? ) It's been Red who hired the Debt Collector... Surprise, surprise.

But how can he do something like this when we learned about the Hans story and how badly it can go wrong in the last episode!!! Damn it, Red! I'm really, really pissed here!

Aside from that, the episode was okay... But Liz, yeah, no words needed. She's already going to side with Kaplan and it'll never change. Red is right and the rift between these two is simply too deep I'm so bumped. I still think, he should simply leave. Go and maybe he even stages his death That would be something All believing he's dead and maybe Liz finding out that he was her father. Damn it, what a finale would that be? (And what a hiatus )

Gale... OMFG!!!! This is going to be soooo bad! I really thought he'd shoot Red right there or at least hit him... But gladly he didn't! What an ass!!!!! I hate this Gale guy and Ressler, I'm really worried about him

The Dembe/Red talk. This really gives me hope here. First of all that there is a purpose why Red surrendered and that it isn't lived up to yet. Besides, Dembe telling Red that stopping Kate is the right thing to do makes me believe that Red isn't the worst here but it's Kate right now...

But I really was touched by both, Red and Kaplan saying that they loved each other. I really love that and there we go... It WAS friendship! I think this should be clear to everybody who ever doubted this fact before
Old 05-12-2017, 09:01 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
But how can he do something like this when we learned about the Hans story and how badly it can go wrong in the last episode!!! Damn it, Red! I'm really, really pissed here!

EXACTLY... and this is why i was rooting for Kaplan and not Red.. simply proves to me that Red is nothing but a self-serving, big risk-taker ... if he really cared so much for Liz as he contends, he never would have put her in harm's way with the Debt Collector.. didnt he learn ANYTHING from the Hans kid fake kidnapping event?? i think the writers really slipped up with this one..

that being said, the episode was interesting... i like that they threw in that rogue FBI guy Gale.. gives a little life to the Ressler character... i wish Cooper was more involved.. i think so much could be developed with his character... seems like Liz's acting has degraded as the series has evolved with her 'forcing' a lot of the emotional dialogue..

now we have the big 'two-hour' finale... cant wait.. gonna have the popcorn and beer readily available, and am looking forward to the next 'twist'
Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode! It was amazing!

I was fooled too you guys, I really thought Kaplan had hired the Debt Collector. You know we could have known it was Red. When he came out to the room Liz was in, I have to say that I was shocked. I had a feeling he might try to use Liz but I didn't think he would actually do it but I guess that this was the only way to draw her out. But especially after the Hans story I would think he would know better like you said Kris.

The old guy is the beginning, was that Balder Magnussen? We have been waiting to know who he is since S2 or S3 aren't we? Cause he is in our mythology thread.

The task force is in such big trouble now that Julian Gale knows that Ressler and Liz are working wit Red. When he took that shot I was so scared Red would get hit! I am actually really scared for what he is going to do. I really hope that he is not going to hurt Ressler in any way.

I loved the scene between Dembe and Red where Red said that he doesn't love many people in his life but that he loved Kate. That was really said. Everything what Dembe said to him, he hit the nail on his head. This needs to end. And it needs to end now.

I can't wait to see the finale!!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really like this episode. The talk between Red and Dembe was great. I was really surprise that Gale didn't shot Red, he had clear shot, who does he work for, do we have third player. I didn't expect that it was Red hired collector, i was thinking that it was Mr Kaplan.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At first I thought Gale might be working for Kaplan or that Kaplan pulled some strings to get him on this investigation but I am not sure. I never expected him to follow Ressler and try to kill Red.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if Kaplan will die before the season ends or will the cat and mouse game continue into next season if there is one
Old 05-13-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I wonder if Kaplan will die before the season ends or will the cat and mouse game continue into next season if there is one
I was wondering the same... I somehow can see her staying for at least season 5a Because it always happened this way with the big bads on the show. But we'll see, right?

And yeah, Gale seems to be working alone, right now at least. I somehow assume that he'll soon swear allegiance to Mr. Kaplan At least that's what I think. I think he'll be working with her in the two hour season finale.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Is there another season renewed?
Old 05-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
Is there another season renewed?
Yes, we've been renewed this week for a 5th season
Old 05-14-2017, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a feeling Gale could go to work with Kaplan as well. They both want the same thing.

On one side I want this all to end in the season finale next season and on the other side, it would be cool if this would continue in S5A as well.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Yes, we've been renewed this week for a 5th season
Excellent, thanks