Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

4x18: "PHILOMENA" Episode Discussion Thread (04/27/2017 @ 10PM)

4x18 | Philomena
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
The Task Force chases an artful bounty hunter employed to target Red's (James Spader) closest associates. Meanwhile, Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff) faces a moral dilemma when he takes on a new assignment with a former colleague (Enrique Murciano.)

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 05:59 AM
Old 04-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Kris.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome I can't wait for Friday morning to see it. I hope you've got Friday off???
Old 04-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I do! But I need to clean at my sisters first so I will watch it right after I get back home.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, at least something I'll watch it first thing in the morning I really can't wait, especially since I just saw a sneak peek!
Old 04-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-27-2017, 08:14 PM
New Fan

you will LOVE it

very good followup episode to last week
Old 04-27-2017, 09:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryk13 (View Post)
very good followup episode to last week
Good follow-up indeed. I need to watch it a second time. Some thoughts though:

Kate probably figured the body museum would turn the entire FBI task force against Reddington. It seemed like it might have had the opposite effect.

Ressler appeared reluctant to work actively on the case against Reddington. Cooper didn't turn sharply against Reddington despite his boss's pressure. Navabi turned down the fellowship (she has a strong allegiance to Reddington -- she knows the situation is big trouble now and probably wants to remain in the task force to do whatever she can on Reddington's behalf).

Kate holding Agnes when Liz got up into the apartment was pivotal. At least for the moment, it seems Liz now sees Kate as more sinister than Reddington.

Dembe and Reddington have crossed a new threshold. The bond between them is stronger now. Seeing them together again left me with a good feeling.

Fingerprints on the record dust removal brush: no id now, but my guess is they are Kate's (a brush saved from before, and later slotted in as a replacement). I think Reddington was planning for this eventuality - that he'd need to have the occasional item at a scene that would divert the evidence to point away from him. And he knew the Diane Fowler murder would be particularly high profile.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, guys, this episode was really good and it really feels as if we have our show back... Heavy stuff somehow though.

First of all I really feel sorry for Marvin. He should have left when Red told him so and now he's in this kind of mess He has been arrested and I really hope that a few of Red's people really will keep quiet and stay on Red's side, not just for the payrole.

I hate Kate! Damn it, make her die at the end of all of it. I have nothing more to say. And her stupid talk to Liz, breaking into her apartment and having her fun with Agnes. She makes me sick! I hate her. And I'm so glad that Red didn't promise Liz that he wouldn't hurt her when he gets his hands on her

Diane Fowler's murder case resurfacing. Fantastic! But yes, how did he do it with the finger prints? Now it's really getting mysterious and the imposter theory right away popped into the back of my head. IF Red really is an imposter or Raymond Reddington, his fingertips wouldn't be a match in the database. It's just really mysterious how his fingerprints are no match at all. How is that possible? Plastic surgery? Who is he if he is not Raymond Reddington?

Red and Dembe These two are my only hope on the show... I somehow believe that Dembe knows the whole truth and that he wouldn't stay with Red if he was SUCH a bad guy. You know what I mean, right? I really believe in Dembe and his judgment and in who Red is underneath the surface.

The task force really is forced into breaking ties with him I guess... Not long until everybody turns his/her back on him. And come on, Aram, are you really surprised about what Red had done? It's Aram, I know but I'm wondering what they all expected... Besides, wow, thank Goodness that never was a betrayal on anybody else on the task force at all... Faking her death I mean Sorry for being sarcastic but yeah, little innocent Liz just tried to protect herself bla bla bla... I can't hear it anymore.

Ressler and this Gale guy. Uuuuhhhh... This is getting in to a direction that is really dangerous. For Ressler.

But he started to investigate the Reven Wright file again Awesome.

Btw, was anybody surprised that Ressler send the fingerprints in actually? Nothing else I would have expected.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

I really only have one friend. You're my friend.

I hate Liz, you can't see Agnes unless you promise not to kill Kate because I feel guilty about it, Keene. Absolutely hate her. Sigh. And now she knows who Kate is and she's bonding. At least that's how I took it.

So they found Diane Fowler. Come on Ressler. You need to remember why she is dead. She almost cost you your life. I like that he was conflicted about the prints but I knew he would send them in. New guy is creepy. He does creepy well.

I'm with you on the print, Kris. It's not in the database because they are searching the one the real Red would be in. I did also think that it might be Kate.

I'm glad Red's people are staying strong. He inspires loyalty. Poor Marvin. I was going to be furious if Kate killed him. I hate Kate.

I doubted you. I'm ashamed of myself.

And that is how you repair and restore a friendship. Liz could take a lesson. The beauty and power of that scene. Just perfect. And Dembe feels the same. Forget lizzington. I'm Rembe al the way.

And I do not care what Kate tells Liz. I don't care what this Red has done. I don't even care if we learn that Red made a bad choice in the past. I'm on his side.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What an amazing episode! I agree with you Kris, it feels like we have our show back. I really hope they are not going to ruin it!

Red and Dembe! :love They were so perfect and I am really glad they had a talk and that Red apologized to Dembe. It broke my heart when he told Dembe that he is the only friend he has. I wonder what is in the box and why Dembe can't open it until he decides to leave Red. I know he would never leave Red. Ever.

Julian Gale. God I never thought I would meet somebody who was even more determined to catch Red other than Ressler. But I guess we found him. My first impression of him is not that good though. I think Ressler should be careful with this guy. And I am so glad he is looking into Reven's murder case again. I need him to nail Hitchin for her murder!

Kate Kaplan. What can I say about you? I never expected her to tell Liz that she was her nanny. I wonder if Liz really believes it.. I hate her for what she is doing to Red and to all the others. To Marvin, Dembe. Who's going to be next? Will she be going after the task force as well?

I really loved that they opened up the investigation to Diane Fowler's murder. I knew that was going to come back and hunt us one day. The fingerprint could have also been from Kate. Cause if it really was Red's than I am sure Kate left it on purpose so she could nail him in the future. Which is what is happening now. I am sorry but I still don't believe in the imposter theory or that Red is not the real Red.

I didn't think Aram had the guts to ask Red if he really shot Kaplan because of Liz's faked death.

I am confused about Liz. Does she really want to protect Kaplan or did she only say that to her so Kaplan would trust her or so she could bring her in?

I am very glad that Red didn't promise Liz that he wouldn't hurt Kaplan because I know he is going to hurt her. He can't just let her get away with this. It was so mean for Liz to say to him that he couldn't see Agnes.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

If I were Dembe I'd open the darn box and then seal it back. There's no way I could stand not opening it. Can you imagine? Nope. I'd open it.

And then Dembe showed up to get red in the end. Perfect.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't be able to keep it closed either. I would want to know what is in it. But Dembe is not going to open that box. He is going to respect Red's wish to not open the box.

It was perfect when Dembe came to pick up Red.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, I can imagine that you wouldn't be able to wait to open the box since you were not even able to wait unwrapping my Christmas gifts for you until Christmas Eve last year Sorry, but that reminded me of it!

Guys, I'm glad you're mostly agreeing with me about the episode. It's always good these days to be not on your own about a show.

You know what I forgot to mention earlier. When they found the fingerprint, Liz confronted Red about the fact that they didn't hit a match in the database and asks him how he did it and he said: "I assure you, I know nothing about it.". Did he mean about the not matching fingerprint, right? Not about the murder in general, because that would be a lie otherwise.

Yeah, Liz telling him that he can't see Agnes as long as he doesn't promise to keep Kate alive because if she was dead Liz would feel guilt. Wow, she would feel guilty about THAT! Oh man... almost every time she opens her mouth or she does something I sit here and

I really don't like Gale either. He is creepy, like Marilyn said and I think he could become really dangerous.

Oh, and yes, I see Kate going after the task force as well

Miranda, I think Liz really means it when she says that she wants to protect Kate This season will end in a way that we for sure didn't expect and I think it will leave us with Kaplan in Liz's life closing Red out completely.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

I thought he meant the not matching fingerprint. And you know how was Gale so certain the print was Red's? That sttuck me as odd if the thing was covered with fingerprints.

And I know what you mean about us being in agreement. It feels good.