Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

4x15: "THE APOTHECARY" Episode Discussion Thread (02/23/2017 @ 9PM)

4x15 | The Apothecary
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After being dosed with a deadly poison, Red (James Spader) must retrace his steps to uncover who of his closest confidants has betrayed him. Meanwhile, Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force desperately search for the designer of the toxin in a race against time to save Red.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 06:00 AM
Old 02-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris! Can't wait to see the episode!!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

I'm shattering in a million fricking pieces. I can't even find the words to post. I just can't.

Surely, surely this is not true. Not Dembe. Tell me it's a trick, a joke. Give me another answer. Tell me something anything but this

It was bad enough thinking my it was Marvin, but Dembe. No no no no no no.

I can't even breathe right now. I think I am in shock.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in shock, too!

Now I'm sure that he's working with Mr. Kaplan... I'm really convinced of it and damn it, he's killed all the people that Red and he have worked with. OMFG!!!!! Nooooo!!!! Can it somehow not be true? Somehow?????? But should he not have known about the poison in the scotch, he wouldn't have vanished, left? RIGHT????? Noooooo!!!!!!

ETA - Aly though posted something really great tonight after she had seen the episode. She thinks that Dembe left Red with the doctor to save his life and went off to go after whoever did it. That he suspected something and since he knew that Red would find out at some point that it was the scotch and therewith would suspect him, he did disappear...

But man, I'm so happy about Marvin! I KNEW it!!!!!

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 02-23-2017 at 11:27 PM
Old 02-24-2017, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am crying so hard and I don't even know what to say. I can't. I just can't believe or handle any of this. Why are they doing this to us?

It's Dembe for crying loud. Dembe! He couldn't have done this. I don't believe it.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

I've had time to think. Literally the whole horrible night.

If you want to kill Red you need to shoot him several times and make sure he's dead. You don't give him a chance. He would have died from the poison if he had not gotten to the dr and got the steroids. He would have died. If Dembe wanted him dead, why take him to the doctor. Why not let him die. The dr described Dembe as bringing Red in, why would he do that.

I'm hoping the writers are tricking us and someone set Dembe up. But I can't see who or how. And knowing these writers it could very well be Dembe.

God what a show.

I started out disappointed that we didn't get much Red/Liz. But the overall show captured me so much that I got over being disappointed.

I read a writers tweet that the character LouLou was named after a fan who passed away from cancer and I thought that was a beautiful thing to do. I enjoyed her character and her interaction with Red.

And all Red was worried about was finding Dembe. My heart is broken.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My heart is broken too Marilyn..

I am in denial and I will stay in denial until the show comes back! Why in the hell would Dembe do this? I read an article saying he did it because of Kaplan. I don't believe that. Of course he didn't agree that Red killed Kaplan but Dembe wouldn't bring Red done because of that. I just don't see it and I don't know why the writers wants us to believe that Dembe is the one behind this. He just can't be period!

I really liked LouLou with Red as well. It was sweet of her to help him after he put her in the trunk of a car. And that is nice that her character was named after a fan.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

If he is, I just don't think I can stand it. I mean all Red wanted to do was find Dembe. He as dying and all he cared about was Dembe. I just can't....
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 AM
New Fan

Hey!
Wondering if anyone can help me, I watched this on a stream and for some reason it ended abruptly so I am wondering if it was right at the end or if I missed the last 10-30 seconds or more etc. It cut to Dembe walking through a city and then going down to some steps, like going to an underground subway, then it went off. Was that it?
Thanks
Old 02-24-2017, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah that was the ending. He's either running before Red starts looking for him. Or he's trying to find who set him up.

I like to think that he was so worried about Red that he was trying to make sure he lived before going off to find the real traitor.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is exactly my thought Marilyn. Why else would Dembe have dropped Red off at the doctor is he is the one that poisoned him? It doesn't make any sense that Dembe would poison Red.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:29 AM
New Fan

Loyalty.

Even if Dembe did it he has to be working with Mr. Kaplan. My hope is that he's hunting on his own. He took Red to the doctors. Why if he was really behind it.

I hope it's a red herring because Dembe's loyalty is one of the best things about this show.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, guys... I love that all of our discussion is just about Dembe and if he is behind all of that or not. I've had a lot of thinking going on today as well and this is the result:

I really wholeheartedly believe it's Mr. Kaplan. And Dembe knows because of something that happened. I think he suspects that it can just be her... I don't know how yet but I think he suspects that she might not be dead.

Besides, like Marilyn said, Dembe would never have brought Red to a doctor if he had wanted to see him dead. That's just not logical. I don't see this happening at all. They were at the dinner, locked all of the people into that room there when they realized Marvin was the only one not appearing. They left for his apartment and there Red collapsed. So it was just Dembe and Red and the doctor said Dembe brought him in. I'm sure he did because he wanted Red to be saved and he for sure didn't know what had happened. But he figured it out somehow.
So yeah, Dembe did the only thing he could do, leave to find answers because he knew the second Red would find out it was the scotch that poisoned him, he would be as good as dead. He had seen what Red does to people who betray him, even the closest to him. So he left to have the chance to prove who really is behind all that and that he's innocent. And I somehow hope that Red has doubts there as well because he KNOWS Dembe!

Okay, damn it! I need a new episode and now we'll have to wait eight weeks!!!! WTH?!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

So my second horrible thought was that Dembe did poison Red and at the last minute could not go through with it. Say it ain't so!

I know how Red treats traitors but darn it I think he loves Dembe too much to be able to kill him. I think Red would just hand the gun to Demve and say if you are the traitor then kill me. I think Red will think hard about this and give Dembe the benefit of the doubt about it.

Kris I love everything you said.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Nooo, Dembe? I keep hoping there is some kind of twist, I really though we'd see Mr Kaplan but maybe Dembe and Mr Kaplan are working together. He never approved what Red did to her Now we are hanging till the show returns in April