Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2017, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

4x10: "THE FORECASTER" Episode Discussion Thread (01/12/2017 @ 10PM)

4x10 | The Forecaster
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
A new case arrives at Liz's (Megan Boone) doorstep, where someone has left a diorama depicting a crime soon to be committed. Meanwhile, Red (James Spader) explores a new business opportunity.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:49 AM
Old 01-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello Kris. Thanks for the synopsis. Looking forward to the episode.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I look forward to the episode as well but I won't be watching it in the morning I need to go to Dresden because I've got a doctor's appointment there.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Hope you get a good report, Kris.

I don't know how I feel about this episode. I watched most of it hating Liz. You can't even call her words a thank you to Red. It's like she had an insult thrown in with it. And then when he asks to see her apartment, she tells him no. What has happened to my show?

And tom, you don't ever run out of your apartment and leave the door open and a baby inside. Thats just a no. Although I think he was scared when it hit him what he did. He also seems to be struggling with leaving his old life behind.

And Dembe, my Dembe. I think you broke my heart. You said you don't know if you would betray Red. Did you mean that or were you tricking that guy? Please say you didn't mean it.

He just seemed so angry with Red. I might be able to understand him telling Red not to disrespect Kate, but to say that Red's whole plan was just to get new cleaners. He knows better than that. I don't understand.

And yet he gave Liz a really angry look both when she barely thanked Red and when she wouldn't let him see her apartment.

And he went to Liz and talked to her about the mental state Red is in and it kind of felt like the conversation I wanted him to have with her, but because of everything else I don't know. Dembe can't reach Red. Red is alone. I think Dembe is worried for him and mad because Liz doesn't care....or am I just seeing what I so desperately want to see

I suppose if all this hasn't been happening I would say that I liked the case of the week, but all this overshadowed that story for me.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think Dembe loves Red and doesn't feel he can get through to Red. And obviously Kaplan is still an issue for him. So in desperation went to Liz. Which at this point he is right. Liz may be the only one to get to Red. But I am glad he told Liz about Kaplan. She needed to know what Red went through and will do for her and Agnes. He felt betrayed and blamed Kate. Everything he has done doesn't seem to have gotten through to her. Going to Liz may be a betrayal but I think it is as far as Dembe would go.

I enjoyed the show. I guess this was someone who Red knew but wasn't on the list. The hearing aide "twist" was aha for me. I like when that happens. I liked how that story unfolded and was resolved. And we learned of Aram's pet rabbit and it didn't escape it's cage as he was told. Lol. It started early for Aram. Lol.

I was yelling at Tom when he ran out of the apartment leaving Agnes." You left the baby? Go back and get your baby!!" Ish.

So again Red was going after his lister on his own. He definitely is distancing himself from Liz. But I was disappointed when Liz wouldn't let him visit the apartment. Just a crumb Liz. You owe that at least.

My husband said he is tired of the Liz and Tom story and wants more Reddington, action, and blacklist stories. I have to agree.

Oh and back to work with no mention of what happened with Samar. Aram seemed ok too. Maybe later down the road. I hope so.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

I am tired of tom and Liz too. Go to your own show already.

Yeah, red did handle his blacklister on his own. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for your thoughts on Dembe. I needed to be reassured. And yeah Red will not appreciate him talking to Liz.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved this episode! Dembe broke my heart. It's so sad that he can't get through to Red anymore. I think it is good that he went to Liz. She is probably the only one who can get through to Red and I really hope that she is going to stop thinking about herself and help Dembe to get through to him. And he told Liz that Red "killed" Kaplan! I never expected that he would say that! But Iam glad that he told her.

loved seeing Ressler and Liz working together again!

Aram in the field! Why don't they let him out more often?! He was so amazing coming up with all these great ideas to catch the killers!

I thought this weeks blacklister was so interesting! The mix of the child with the diagrams and hearing those conversations through her hearing aid and the actual killers.

I loved seeing Tom with Agnes! When he was singing to her, that was too cute! But I was screaming at him for running outof the house and leaving Agnes behind. You don't ever leave your child alone. And I hope he learned from this but it seems as though he did cause he seemed pretty shocked when he came back.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here I am finally... I was kind of shocked by the episode.

Like I said, Liz would have never gone to Red on her own. Wow, what a surprise. But Cooper told her which meant she was forced to go there. And was that supposed to be a thank you? Oh damn it, I would have slapped her if I had been in the same room. Such a brat. I doubt this woman can get worse! I'm so unbelievable pissed and really don't care about her anymore. She's the most hilarious, unbelievable dumb character I've ever seen on a tv show. Right now I think if her death would have been real, I would have survived without her...

And then not letting him see her apartment?! What kind of an ass would do that??? I hate her, I swear! She's such a narcissistic bit**!!!! Sorry... But I needed to get that out first.

Lets go to Red. Honestly, I'm really worried about him now, too. Not because what he had done to Mr. Kaplan because I would have done the same... But about how he is behaving now and I realized before that Dembe doesn't get through to him anymore. And that worried me before and you see the worst of it in this week's episode. I'm really worried about Red because I really think he didn't get about that faked death of Lizzie's and he's right now shutting everybody out.
That's what I think it right that he went to Liz. But I don't even expect her to help in this case... I see her blaming Red again and he'll close down even more. Really, I can't see anything positive about the Liz character anymore. And the sunglasses? Come on... How stupid was that? This was the most hilarious in this episode.

I'm worried about Dembe now, too because if Red finds out that he told Liz about Mr. Kaplan... Oh man, I'm afraid right now, really!

And yes, let the Tom/Liz family crap please be over. I can't take it anymore. Him leaving Agnes in that apartment with the door open. Yes, congrats on that What a guy, honestly...

I loved the child case sooo much It was fantastic and this girl was great, too.

I liked Aram out in the field as well. It was great.

But yes, where was the Samar fix? What's about Samar and Aram? Man, can't they ever go straight on with a storyline?
Old 01-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you and I agree about Liz. Yes she could have stayed dead for all I care. I am so glad of Red's response to her pathetic thank you. It's good to have friends in low places. Yes Liz, red knows how you feel about him. He knows. And Liz doesn't even care. She doesn't even see the changes in him. I am sick of her.

I did like the case. It was interesting and a nice change but like I said my anger at Liz overshadowed everything.

I think I will like the new cleaners! But do you really think Red did all that just to hire the cleaners? The reviews I have read seem to think so, but I really thought he was avenging his friend.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I loved his response to her as well... He definitely knows for what she sees him, a monster and it was never any different although there were times where you could have believed otherwise. But actually there wasn't. She said to Ressler in 4x07 that she only keeps up the charade until the Kirk stuff is over. She did exactly that and is a bit** now. So cold. I didn't think her capable of that honestly. But now she's showing her true self.

Quote:
I think I will like the new cleaners! But do you really think Red did all that just to hire the cleaners? The reviews I have read seem to think so, but I really thought he was avenging his friend.
See, I am undecided about that one... I know and am sure that it was NOT all just about getting the new cleaners but I'm afraid that the main reason was that exactly. And still, in these moments he remembers from the past you can see his moral code spark through again. These are glimpses and I love that because it shows us that he is not completely gone yet. He can be saved but it needs to happen soon because otherwise I fear we'll lose him completely and that would mean his compassion disappearing completely and his moral code breaking.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw it as avenging his friend too. Especially hearing about the story of his friend and his fight to stop rape and murder of women and children. And how it made Red stop and help the man. But I think he did want the cleaners. He went on about the job they did in cleaning after his friend was killed. I think they were an added benefit of the plan.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

I did read that his killing of those people was brutal and made Dembe realize his boss was over the edge. That he could have found another way especially if he just wanted the cleaners. Perhaps that's what made Dembe realize his friend was gone. When he said that about Kate and when he hired those cleaners.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow Marilyn. I did not think of any of that. Ok now I wonder what I am missing. I thought of it as two birds with one stone. He thinks Kaplan is dead and needed new cleaners.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Susana, great to hear you saw the avenging part, too. But like all of us you as well have the feeling that it mostly was about the cleaners... It was, there is no doubt.

Marilyn, I think this person actually is right. The cleaners he really could have gotten on a different way. I agree. And the way he played this other guy, it wasn't at all Red tbh. Yes, he knew about what was going on in the mines and nevertheless worked for that other guy but still. That screamed WRONG at me... It wasn't Red we saw there, it was the monster doing whatever it wanted.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

That's it Kris and Susana. That's what's bothered me about the whole episode. I'm used to Red killing his enemies but to do this elaborate set up to kill two of Red's enemies. Why? It wasn't necessary. All he would normally do is shoot them both. It's like he needed to see this person betray his boss. Like he was reenacting Kaplans betrayal.