Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

4x05: "THE LINDQUIST CONCERN" Episode Discussion Thread (10/20/2016 @ 10PM)

4x05 | The Lindquist Concern
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
Liz's (Megan Boone) loyalties are tested as Red (James Spader) takes action on an operation to intercept Alexander Kirk. Meanwhile the Task Force races to find a killer who targets inventors of revolutionary technology.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:42 AM
Old 10-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this! Can't wait to see it.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I won't be able to see it until Friday night This will kill me!!!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't watch it until late tomorrow night either.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

So we'll suffer together then, huh?
Old 10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Can't watch until tomorrow either. I have a feeling this episode will be a good one however
Old 10-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty sure Elise works for Kirk. Sorry Aram.

Kudos to Kris for predicting the order of the explosion and Liz accusation

The team felt more normal even Samar and Aram. They were friendly. I liked it.

Poor Dembe. He feels bad over Kate.

And tom trusts Red more than Kirk, I think. Looks like he disagrees with Liz.

And Liz I felt like she was back to normal not trusting Red. From the beginning she seemed not to trust him, listening to the doctor more than Red. At least she didn't warn Kirk that Red was coming.

Red hung up on Liz. I was worried cuz Dembe looked angry but fortunately he got over it. At first I was angry at Red for hanging up. But I realized how emotionally destroyed he is and how desperate to get Kirk. He was wreck less and he was never wreckless before. He does not trust Liz after her betrayal. That's why he didn't take the call. He thought she betrayed him. That's what she's done to him and I think she heard him but doesn't get the damage she has caused him.

Red told her he does not believe Kirk is her father. She knows this and she still accuses him of lying to her. And what she forgets is Red did not tell her that she killed her father. She remembered it.

No one thought about why red was interested in the blacklister. They didn't know he sent laurel. He didn't even tell Liz

Highlight. Dembe has a freckle.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 10-20-2016 at 08:21 PM
Old 10-21-2016, 04:48 AM
New Fan

Soooo much to discuss after this weeks episode! I loved most of it!

I feel sorry for Dembe, did he feel guilty for doing nothing to stop Red from killing Mr Kaplan? Is that what he meant by that?

Glad that Samar was acting more like her normal self, thought it was cute what she did for Arams girlfriend with the date. But was a bit odd that his girlfriend would ring her in the first place, definitely something dodgy going on there??
Samar also seemed more focused on her job this week rather than other emotional issues going on. First time ive enjoyed watching her this season!

Only thing I am a little disappointed in is the last scene with the DNA results! Why didnt Red say anything!! So frustrating. Can't believe we have to wait another week to see how they interact with each other now! Thought the scene would have lasted a bit longer and more dialogue between Liz and Red regarding the DNA results. They could easily be falsified documents though! Red seemed to be stumped when she said that to him though. I really dont know what is going through Red's mind.
I feel like Red is unintentionally pushing Liz towards Kirk now because he is the one giving her all the answers she wants. Even if they are not true, thats what she wants to hear and Kirk is feeding into that. I know Red may never have lied to Liz, but he isnt exactly telling her what really happened either, and if he made a mistake about thinking her father was dead, he still hasnt told her that.

Not sure what Red has to do to find Kirk. Kirk seems to be always one step ahead. But Red believes someone tipped him off? Not sure who that could be. Did he really question Liz? He doesnt even know if he can trust her now, considering he totally disregarded her comments about it being a trap. I wonder who could have tipped kirk off? Only people that knew was Red's team. So has someone else betrayed him? Poor Red. He needs a cuddle

I hope you get to watch it soon Miranda and Lauren Helen Graham!! I like reading your views, you always seem to notice something in the episode that I completely overlook!

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 10-21-2016 at 07:26 AM
Old 10-21-2016, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think Dembe feels guilty that he didn't at least try to stop Red. Dembe has such a soft heart. I am glad he feels close enough to Red to know he can always talk to him. I think they are both hurt by killing Ksplan. She was such a part of their lives.

The phone call to Samar, the crazy face time call to Aram and suddenly Kirk knows Red's plan. That's why I think Elise is working for Kirk. Although the show could just be making it too obvious

Yes the DNA could be fake. I was even thinking this morning that Red and Katarina could have faked it for some reason at the time. Or Marauders maybe you're right and he wasn't expecting that. Maybe Kirk planted it.

Red keeps telling Liz he does not believe Kirk if her father. She knows he doesn't believe it and yet she accuses him anyway? Red doesn't lie to Liz. So Kirk isn't her father and Red isn't her father. I'm back to wondering if there is a third man, the American, Katarina was sent to seduce and betray
Old 10-21-2016, 06:34 AM
New Fan

Hello everybody,

this is my first time here. I've been reading you during seasons 2 and 3, but until now I couldn't decide myself to comment... english is not my first language , sorry for the mistakes.

I don't have seen this week's episode yet, because in my country friday is the day of the show...

From the begining of TBL, I have thought that Red is Liz father...the way he cares for her and the kind of things he is able to forgive is the way that a father use to act..and lately I have the theory, very stupid I suppose, that Red and maybe Katarina, faked the DNA test to protect their daughter. I mean, if Kirk thinks that Liz is his, then she would be safe with him...and perhaps Red took Liz from Kirk thinking that she wouldn't be safe in spite of the DNA test....

And in reference to the fact that Red never lies to Liz, when Liz questioned him in the first season if he was her father, he could lie to her to protect her. In that moment she was with Tom and Red didn't know who was behind Tom...

Sorry, in my head and in my language it sounded better.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome. Your sentences sound great just the way they are!!

I firmly believed Red was her dad no matter what he said for the first three seasons. I have been trying to step away from that since he said he wasn't. But I do agree that Red and Katarina could have faked the DNA test.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

First of all, welcome Nini (Am I allowed to call you that?) And no worries about English not being your first language, it's not for me either

Okay, first of all about the episode... I just finished watching it and it was underwhelming. Was it just me who expected so much more? There was too much about this blacklister, who was really boring btw. At least for me. The only interesting thing is how he is supposed to lead Red to Agnes. Why was he interested in that one patent of his? That's a key question for the mythology thread I guess.

See, I told you about the confrontation happening at the end... Exactly what I expected because we got it before. And yeah, right, I would just go on and believe the DNA results that lie around in a file that's over 25 years old. A file in that creation Red and Katarina and who knows who was involved. I still don't believe that Kirk is the father. But we'll see that. I think it's only a question of time.

What I really loved about the episode is that Red finally voiced his distrust in Liz. It's about time... It's not just the way she's behaving since she knows about Kirk... It's been her faked death and all the other times she's lied to him. That's what you get for something like that.

I knew though that Hitchin was coming because of Red and when she got the usb-drive I knew exactly that she'd hand it over to Red... He got one part of what he wanted/needed. And didn't tell Liz about it.

Elise for sure isn't a nice person at all and for sure involved with Kirk and his man. She accessed the network of the post office twice in this episode, once about Aram's laptop, the second time about Samar's phone... Why is nobody ever getting suspicious? Aren't these phones supposed to be heavily encrypted ones? Which nobody should ever know about? How does a girlfriend of Aram's? And I think that's how Kirk knew they were coming for him and that's how he set up the trap. He knew exactly what they were doing the whole time.

Samar... hm, what was wrong with her today? The complete opposite to what she was the rest of the season? I really don't understand anybody there anymore. I'm at a loss.

Ressler teaming up with Tom
Liz starting to believe Kirk
Cooper somehow having no control anymore
Tom agreeing with Red?
Aram receiving calls and stuff from his girlfriend at work?

Did I miss something? What is going on with the characters?
Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini69 (View Post)
Hello everybody,

this is my first time here. I've been reading you during seasons 2 and 3, but until now I couldn't decide myself to comment... english is not my first language , sorry for the mistakes.

From the begining of TBL, I have thought that Red is Liz father...the way he cares for her and the kind of things he is able to forgive is the way that a father use to act..and lately I have the theory, very stupid I suppose, that Red and maybe Katarina, faked the DNA test to protect their daughter. I mean, if Kirk thinks that Liz is his, then she would be safe with him...and perhaps Red took Liz from Kirk thinking that she wouldn't be safe in spite of the DNA test....

Sorry, in my head and in my language it sounded better.
Welcome Nini, dont worry about your English, it is great.

I never really thought that Red could have falsified the documents, that is a good theory and very possible. As Kirk was married to Kat it would make sense to make out that the baby was both theirs. But Kirk did think she was his, and found proof, so maybe it was the DNA test he found. But yeah if Red and Kat went behind his back and did falsify it then it does make sense.

But I tend to agree with Fangirl that if Red has never lied to Liz, then neither of them are her father and there must be a third man! It is all getting very complicated and confusing now!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

I'm with you Kris. I was so happy that Red finally voiced his distrust of Liz!! But he also remembered how she told him you are supposed to thank someone who saves your life. I love how he hesitated and then said thank you!!

It suddenly hit me at the end that Elise had to be working with Kirk I thought her phone calls odd but didn't make the connection until Red was wondering who set him up.

Yeah suddenly Samar is okay?

And Tom and Ressler working together, REALLY???
Old 10-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marauders, that's true We still need to wait for Kirk's proof and I'm really curious what this could be... He still hasn't voiced which direction that proof will go even, right? I'm really at a loss here as well. Where would it go? Which direction at least. It being a DNA test would be stupid, right?

It's by the definition of the word father... Maybe it's just a matter of the definition of that word. What if Kirk is her biological father and she shot him and he survived? But Red was kind of her father because he raised her until that night of the fire together with Katarina? I don't believe that but that would mean everything he told her would be correct for him. That would be weird but it could be But he said he wasn't her father which again doesn't go with what I wrote before This is frustrating. Sorry for the rant.

Yes, Marilyn, he thanked her I'm glad she called at all... I'm really worried that she'll at some point change sides as well. I can really see it happening.
And btw, Tom now believes as well that Kirk is her father. So there goes him agreeing with Red

Good you think the same about Elise

Samar and Tom and Ressler... It's all so strange. Especially Ressler.

Oh, on a great side note, the Reven Wright death was mentioned again It's not forgotten!!!! That was good.