Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2016, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

4x04: "GAIA" Episode Discussion Thread (10/13/2016 @ 10PM)

4x04 | Gaia
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

[SIZE="1"]Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
As Red (James Spader) sets Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force on the trail of an eco-terrorist with a mysterious connection to Alexander Kirk, Tom (Ryan Eggold) takes matters into his own hands.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:39 AM
Old 10-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome

x
Old 10-14-2016, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Wow I'm first!

So Ressler called Red a prick? And that's all I better say about that.

Samar and Aram? WTH??? Writers what are you doing. To me her decision should be understandable and not clouded with all this stuff. She has been deeply betrayed and hurt. Like she said she is tired of not knowing who has her back.

Her and Aram, though. Is she supposed to be jealous? Angry at Aram? For what? Having a girlfriend?

And Liz , lying to Red, thinking he helped Tom on his plan. And yet that scene with Red at the end, I love it whenever he takes her hand. It always breaks me and it did this time too. The way he looked at her, what she said, I was all set to forgive and then they show the presides for next week and all my good mood vanished. So do you consider that an apology for her betrayal? She never said she was sorry but it was like she was trying to explain her actions to Red. And the look on his face while she was talking. Beautiful.

Okay I just love any time Glen is on the show and last night was no exception and Dembe helping him bowl. Lol. The look on Red's face when he looked at Dembe had me rolling. I bet he has to keep Dembe and Glen apart. They probably gang up on him and pick at him. Dembe knew he was going to get on Red's nerves when he said that.

I love Red with the child. And when the mother asked him if he had a special needs child, he looked so sad, like he was thinking of his daughter. I loved what he said about special needs children. That was beautiful.

As far as tom and Liz, I can see both sides of that argument.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 10-14-2016 at 05:55 AM
Old 10-14-2016, 05:47 AM
New Fan

Quite enjoyed this weeks episode.
Liked that Aram put Samar in her place! I know she has a problem with Liz but no reason to take it out on anyone else in the task force. If she is done with the place then so be it, stop acting like a child!! I said last week that I always believe she has led Aram on, knowing that he fancied her but she never did anything about it. Dont know if she is jealous that he has a girlfriend or not, or whether its just the situation with Liz and the team but either way, she treats Aram badly and always thought she had. If she likes him, tell him! So glad he stuck up for himself this week and said exactly what I was feeling.

Also liked seeing Mr Kaplan again, but come on!! What is going on with her?? Chained up? Is this Red's doing? Why would a random guy just drag her off to a cabin and chain her up? Someone must be behind it, unless this man is just unhinged!

On another note, just needed to express how irritating Tom is right now! Did he really think a trace wouldnt be found out by Kirk? This is his daughters life he is risking!! What an idiot. Why does he believe he can outwit Kirk? The only person that could possibly do that is Red, and even he is struggling.
Liz is starting to annoy me with the whole Red thing. Funny how one minute she thinks he has betrayed her and the next she is running to him because she has no one to turn to and others are betraying her.

Last edited by Marauders; 10-14-2016 at 06:02 AM Reason: spell mistakes
Old 10-14-2016, 05:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok so Aram was a bit harsh at the end but damn girl he is not a mind reader. You sleep with Ressler and show no interest then think you don't know where you stand? I knew she would shut down but wow. I love Samar and don't want her to leave but she needed harsh words right back at her.

So Ressler has access to a wealth of info available at his fingertips and he googles Aram's new girlfriend?

And Tom Tom Tom. You are not the smarter than Kirk. Or anyone at the moment. This is why Red and the Unit needs you to stay out of it. And Liz too.

Who the heck has Mr Kaplan chained to the bed? Wonder if he witnessed the shooting. He asked her if she knew who shot her or if they were coming back. Maybe he is someone who knows Red. Or worked with or against him. Creepy though.

Can't wait to read everyone's insight.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes Marilyn. Love Glenn. The only one who can goad and pull Red's chain and live. LOL.

The way Red is with Liz makes me think he is her father. And that woman working with Kirk. Red needs to shoot her. She deserves it.

Yes Liz going back and forth. Giving me a headache.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

A crazy person has Kaplan chained to a bed. Crazy men do stuff like that. I don't think Red knows about this. He is not that evil or cruel.

Marauders that is totally what got me with Liz. You said it better than I could.

One thing I found interesting was that conversation between Kirk and Liz where he tells her that his goal is to get Red out of her life. He will do anything to achieve it.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:11 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySoos (View Post)

And that woman working with Kirk. Red needs to shoot her. She deserves it.
This made me laugh so much!! That woman is evil and I was thinking exactly the same thing!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:16 AM
New Fan

As for Glen I think he is hilarious, knows which buttons to press and winds Red up so much. Love their relationship so much, always makes me smile watching Red get frustrated and cant do anything about it. haha
Old 10-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, guys, I'm a bit late to the party because I didn't want to double post today in the morning so here I am

First of all let me flail about the two scenes I was on set for when they were shooting them. Both with the blacklister of the week as it looks like and it's so funny to see it now... The first was the one where they are celebrating in that tavern/bar and Gaia killed that mechanic, the other one is when Gaia goes home to see his family and tell his wife/ex-wife to leave with their child

But enough of that, lets start... Aram and Samar... Damn it, what went wrong there??? I honestly didn't see that coming and I think Aram never did anything like that before. And although I'm not okay with how Samar behaved in this week's episode, I think Aram's reaction really unfair. She just needs to make a point. She's right, with this task force you never know who to trust. You trust one for a second and are betrayed the other one. Sadly Aram doesn't get it. I guess he's just hurt by all of it.

I loved thought that Ressler had an ear for Samar and that he was the only one who would ask her at all about how she is. I really liked that and he got a single point from me for that... And still I'm so not okay with his opinion towards what Liz did.
Oh, and before I forget it... The point was lost right away when he said that Red was a prick. WTF???

Liz lying to Red... What a surprise. And being lied to by her own husband? Hey hun, did you get a feeling of how that feels if a person you love is doing that to you? YES! Here you go And I mean Tom with that but more on the Tom business later on...
And after she lied to Red, accused Tom to have worked with Red behind her back (again Red, it's always Red, of course), she goes there and is all crying and pitying... I can't see it anymore. And LOOK AT RED! He will never let her down! This moment, it soooo got me, despite everything that's happened before. At least she was honest with him for once and told him that she was lying to him before... At least something. But this moment, before he took her hand, you could see him thinking about it, hesitating... He simply can't help it.
(Of course the promo for next week destroyed it all again. And I still don't believe it's true! I'm in denial, I'll always trust Red!)

Tom... Yeah, nothing on him but God it was soooooo good to see him betray her, going behind her back and that fight! I need more of that! And you can see that she's forgotten about nothing and if you ask me, there is not trust there anymore, there might never have been any after all their history.

Glen, Red and Dembe! Stunning. And Dembe WTH? I so loved it... He has a few words to say but they sooo cracked me up!

Red with that child, oh Goodness, it's always killing me to see him with a child. It's so fantastic, the most beautiful you can get in TBL.

Mr. Kaplan on the other side... I'm really not sorry for her. And no, that's definitely not Red there, that's not his methods and she knows that. I'm really curious how it might continue. Do you think we'll find out some personal things about her?
Old 10-14-2016, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

I did like Ressler talking with Samar that was good. But yeah that whole thing with Aram and Samar, I was like where did that come from. I know she's angry but that just seemed OOC. I don't want her to leave the task force.

That's amazing you were at some of the locations!!! Wish you could have gotten close to James.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't want her to leave the task force either... Man, what went wrong there... I guess I'll have to watch these two Aram/Samar moments again to make some sense out of it. Him saying her something like that and her reacting how she did before

It's okay, really It's so cool to see it on screen finally. What's funny is the fact that I had somehow forgotten it was this episode and it popped up when I had missed the first already
Old 10-14-2016, 12:46 PM
New Fan

Not sure why everyone is on the side of Samar here! I think she is the one totally in the wrong. Yeah, I get it, you are mad with Liz. What has that got to do with Amar and the way she spoke to him? Think he had every right to speak to her the way he did. She does need to move on and get on with it.
She felt betrayed, she has voiced her opinion, now move on if you not happy. But dont be making digs at other people because they dont hold the same views or are just being more professional about it!!
Old 10-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aram and Samar broke my heart! It killed me to hear what Aram told Samar, that he wanted her gone. He didn't mean that, he only said it because he is hurt but it killed me to hear that. And did you guys see the tears in Samar's eyes? That was so sad! I wonder if their friendship can survive this..

I really like the scene between Ressler and Samar when he asked why she put in a transfer and if he could do anything about it. Based on this conversation, I think they are over all the drama that happened in S3.

I really wonder who the guy is that is holding Mr. Kaplan. He chained her! I still think he might be working for Red.

Glenn! I love that guy so much and it was so great seeing him again! He always make me laugh so hard and I love the scenes in the bowling alley with him and Dembe and Red!

Tom what a douche! Liz begged him not to do anything and he just didn't listen. I mean I get he wants his daughter back but he should have listened to Liz. God knows where Agnes is now.. On the bright side, at least Liz blames him for something now.

I have a feeling we barely saw Red but the scenes he had where magnificent like always. Especially the scene with Skyler melted my heart.