Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2016, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Solomon is dead either. That guy is like a cat. He has 9 lives. and he is set to star in the spin-off if it gets picked up so he's not dead.

I don't know if Scottie really doesn't know that Tom is her son.. She was a little to familiar with Agnes. Like she knew or felt that they are family. I don't know how to explain it.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, in the minority here, this was really satisfying 42 minutes... Really really good backdoor pilot, extremely action packed and fun. After saying that, this show would be great over the summer in a 16-or-such episode format because its action packed and fun, and as I thought, the spinoff is probably going to be them doing some overseas operations... like we seen at the beggining with Scottie rescuing those three people... But, in the 24-episode format they will drag out this whole mother-son relationship like they did with Red-Liz... I just hope they will think of something fresh for a storyline...

Scottie is really a cheap copy of Red, they are trying too much for her to be the female Red, and they probably could do it better if someone else then James Spader played Red.
I love Solomon, love the actor, not dead, no way... Hell, he is more of a Red in this spinoff then Scottie is.
Not sure about Rowan... and they will probably cast one or two actors I think... maybe that tech guy...

I don't think that I will watch regurarly TBL next season, but I will give the spinoff in the beggining a chance I think... I just hope that they keep it simple, action-packed and fun like this episode...

Next episode will everything get back to normal, we will get our JS fix and others.

oh yeah, I forgot, we need a timeline for Christopher/Jacob/Tom!!! So, kidnapped/fake death at the age 3, put in the foster system or what? Recruited by the major at 13-14... What happened in those ten years?!

And yes, I love Tom the spy... but I believe Liz didn't really die, so I don't know who they will put that all together... after this episode and the spinoff, I think that Liz is really dead... :/
Old 05-14-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad that you liked the episode so much believer. It was full of action and if it was it's own pilot I would have really loved it but because if was a part of our show, it wasn't as great for me tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)

oh yeah, I forgot, we need a timeline for Christopher/Jacob/Tom!!! So, kidnapped/fake death at the age 3, put in the foster system or what? Recruited by the major at 13-14... What happened in those ten years?!
That is what I am wondering about as well! And I really want to know and for me that would be the only reason to watch the spin-off. I hope we find out on the spin-off what the deal is with Chris/Jacob/Tom or whatever the hell his real name is cause I really want to know about his past!

Quote:
And yes, I love Tom the spy... but I believe Liz didn't really die, so I don't know who they will put that all together... after this episode and the spinoff, I think that Liz is really dead... :/
You think she is really dead? I hope that you are wrong this time cause I can't imagine the show without Liz.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I am glad that you liked the episode so much believer. It was full of action and if it was it's own pilot I would have really loved it but because if was a part of our show, it wasn't as great for me tbh.

That is what I am wondering about as well! And I really want to know and for me that would be the only reason to watch the spin-off. I hope we find out on the spin-off what the deal is with Chris/Jacob/Tom or whatever the hell his real name is cause I really want to know about his past!

You think she is really dead? I hope that you are wrong this time cause I can't imagine the show without Liz.
Well, it was backdoor pilot, funny that it was Aram that had the most scenes (I think) of the original cast... If they didn't try really hard to push female red aka Scottie, they probably could use Red more, but okay...

Chris/Jacob/Tom, that really amuses me...

I don't know, I'm confused, this episode resolved much about the spinoff, but how will both Liz and Tom work with Agnes in the mix... Its kind of 60:40 for Liz is alive because thats what networks are used to do and Liz is vital for the task force... I liked how Tom pointed out in previous episodes when he was givin the girlfriend advice to Aram that Liz isn't around anymore, she was a liason between the task force and Red...

And on another note, I really liked how Scottie told the task force to put their badges in the drawer and don't play boy scouts after two-three years working with Red... that was good, direct... not like in the beggining where they tried to push female Red with that KaroKaro terrorist or whatever...
And on a third note, how much weird was that scene when Tom grabbed Scottie and kind they kind of were leaning to a kiss and later he finds out its his mother...
Old 05-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whatever Tom's name actually is, seems to be Chris if he really is Scottie's son, I feel he will always be Tom Keen to me. I am most familiar with that name.

I want to know his backstory too and think it'll be a good storyline for the spin-off.

Don't want to believe Liz is really dead but I am losing hope as each episode passes.

Did enjoy this episode too! Will be watching the spin-off (is it picked up yet?)
Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The spin-off has been picked up Cece. It was announced yesterday. And I agree with you, Tom will always be Tom Keen for me.

That scene between Scottie and Tom was so weird believer! Especially when you hear afterwards that she is his mother.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watching it now.

Its a backdoor pilot, so really its a set up for the show, separate from this show, so that's what you really have to judge it on.
I love that Tom is gonna be the main character in this And his interactions with Scottie are interesting.

Looking forward to the show, which will be at mid season
Old 05-16-2016, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Neither can I. The dynamic was so strong between Red and Liz that I can't imagine he would continue to work with only the FBI. Even though he has become close to them, the personal connection as with LIz is just not there.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Scottie is really a cheap copy of Red, they are trying too much for her to be the female Red, and they probably could do it better if someone else then James Spader played Red.
I'm so happy that somebody has the same opinion I do... I think they need to differ a lot more here because Red could never be replaced and a copy will always seem weak next to him. It's James Spader and even a Famke Jannson can't hold up with him

Liz for sure isn't dead or they could have just canceled TBL and continued with the spin-off. TBL just doesn't work without her.

Quote:
And on a third note, how much weird was that scene when Tom grabbed Scottie and kind they kind of were leaning to a kiss and later he finds out its his mother...
Oh yes, that was weird and somehow I had to because they are starting to play the same game as with Red and Liz... It's all like a cheap replica for me, I can't help it. And yes, I don't like Tom Keen as a character at all. I think nothing will ever change that anymore.
And now, through the connection of the two shows being forced to have to watch both since Ryan said it's going to develop a mythology that surrounds both shows sucks. Honestly...
Old 05-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nobody can ever top James Spader. He is James Spader. There is nobody else like him.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly And right now Scottie seems so forced to me still... As if she shall be like Red. I wish they would have made her a completely different individual. Still, her character distanced herself from being a 100% copy of Red in this episode. Maybe it'll get better as soon as the spin-off starts to air.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

I cringed when she gave that monologue like Red usually does. Her character needs to be totally different from Red. They need to play to Franke's skills.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really need her to be her own individual self as well. She can't be a clone to Red.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't mind that Scotti was a little clone to Red, it make me laugh, I was missing Red to much.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed Red too. We didn't see much of him this episode.