Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2016, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I think he really doesn't... He even said it himself in this week's episode. He has no clue how a person shall survive with what he is feeling inside... A person can be survive long with that feeling. It's bad.
A person can survive with what he has feeling inside. It's damn hard but it's possible.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
A person can survive with what he has feeling inside. It's damn hard but it's possible.
That's true. You would know best I guess because you went through it. So yes, Red can survive this although he might not see it right now. But there are still people who need him and who are worth living for.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added this to the OP.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

This bracelet I'm still wondering if it has to mean something... Does Red still have it?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if he still has it but I thought it was a necklace..

It was so hard to choose pics for this one. They were all so amazing.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

S E A S O N 3 R E - W A T C H

x

Since we're on Hiatus and since our show tends to give us more information than our brain can work through, it's time for our yearly re-watch!
This time it'll be season 3.

We'll go with o n e episode a week, because we've got a long hiatus coming.

I'll set up a new episode each S u n d a y, so enjoy this one for now and don't forget to discuss it with us!
Old 12-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG, I totally forgot that this was our re-watch episode for this week and I just watched it and this episode still is my all time favorite episode

I tried to pay attention to everything that was said... I loved how when Red talks about the woman he loved and that he couldn't kill Tom because he was Agnes father and he was the only thing that she had left in live because her mother died. And the way that Katarina is repeating 'Her father.' is just amazing. It's the time where he realizes that he needs to tell Dom, that he needs to go there. And the necklace, Katarina really was there. This wasn't a hallucination, right?

Besides, we know that Red has been there before... At Cape May. Once.

The guy that was after Katarina, do you think that was Velov?

And why is Katarina always calling him Raymond That's confusing... I know it all just happens in his head but still.

Katarina said as well that Red didn't have a choice. Did he really not have a choice. What did he need to choose between (I know, Katarina and Liz) and why and when exactly?

Red's speech about the suicide bombing... I'm sure he considered killing himself but knew himself that he isn't able to do that. I loved to see that fight of his although we saw it between himself and Katarina.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

I totally love a tough, strong man who is vulnerable and who plays the piano. I've seen a few shows do that and it's always the best scene ever imo. The only thing better is to take this tough strong vulnerable man and put him alone in the rain. But ok I digress.

This is my fave ep too. When I think of TBL I think of this. And honestly I believe of everything I watch this episode will always be a stand out to me.

The last scene with Katarina, no I don't think it a hallucination. Don't get me wrong, I believe Katarina dead. But I believe in that scene, she appeared to him to let him know he made the right choices.

Lottte and James set the screen on fire didn't they. Their chemistry was off the charts. Forget Liz. Let's have the Katarina Red show.

So with the rewatch, I still believe this episode is a combination of Reds current feelings along with us reliving Katarinas final days. I believe Red was there with her.

Only thing is watching this, I can see some people saying this is when Katarina decided to become a man. And that's how Red was able to channel her. But I will never see it like that. I believe he was there with her. I believe Velov was chasing her and I believe she decided to kill herself. And I think that her suicide changed the course of Reds life because I think at this moment he decided to go all in to protect Masha.

I think for whatever reason, he believed Liz killing her father was his fault, a mortal sin. And then with Katarinas suicide, he stepped in to protect Liz. I think maybe his desire for revenge for his family led to this. I don't know how. And I think as the story plays out, it won't be all Reds fault but in his mind, it is.

Yes Katarina calls him Raymond. And I don't like the idea that both men were named Raymond. I think it's more likely that Redis so much Raymond in his mind that in his mind Katarina knew him as Raymond. Like the man he was is gone even in his memory.

I can see Reds conversations as being current and past tense. The Hobson's choice could be both Liz and Agnes as well as Katarina and Masha. But I think in the past, he saved Liz. That just doesn't tie in with kaplans memories. But I think somehow he chose Liz and wasn't able to stop Katarina suicide. And in the present, Agnes lived and Liz did not. Another choice by Red.

I love the piano scene too. And I think both conversations about the father refer to Tom but perhaps also to the real RaymOnd. That killing the father was a mortal sin and led Red to become Lizs sin eater. He never wanted her to know she did that. And he blamed himself for her doing that.

I love this episode. I just love it.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 12-10-2018 at 08:54 AM
Old 12-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My favorite episode of S3!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yay Miranda.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

My favorite of the whole show even for me. It was proven by the episode again when I re-watched it...

Btw, this makes me think of a fan theory, the Red being Katarina one. You know why people speculate about that? Because of a scene happening in Cape May. It's when they have dinner... The conversation.

Katarina: "You have been here before."
Red: "Once a long time ago. I was a very different person then. You?"

That's how I understand it... That it's a question about her. But it's not sooo clear actually. It could have been him saying that he was her back then.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

I thought the same thing, Kris. That if that decision was made, this episode is the proof.

To me, Katarina even sounded like Red with the long sentences and precise enunciation. And the way she knew him especially since I know longer believe them lovers.

But I'm going down with my belief that Red was there with Katarina and could not shop her suicide. That's how he knew what happened that day and not because he is Katarina.

And of course as with all of this show you also have parts that don't go with this scene. The suicide talk and Red saying that Katarina made Masha his problem.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

But man, that's kind of really crazy I really hope that this won't be true...

I as well don't think they were lovers anymore... That would have been kind of a threesome No, that would be too much, wouldn't it?

I somehow think he was there after she went into the water... I don't know why I think it but the way he tells Liz the story about her mother seemed to me that he didn't really know for sure what happened to her either.