Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems this episode was different than the usual pacing of the show and lacked the action stuff, but I thought it was a phenomenal episode - to see Red struggling and so vulnerable as he mourns for Liz's death. James Spader is incredible!

Last edited by a fine mess; 04-22-2016 at 07:11 PM
Old 04-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Somehow interesting to see that there are as well people who didn't enjoy the episode Believer, that's I guess a first time that you were so disappointed in an episode, especially since you were really looking forward to it.

I somehow didn't think it boring, I thought it fascinating. It was a great way to bring these flashbacks in and at the same time deal with what's going on with Red right now. I loved it. But it indeed was confusing.

I somehow don't missed any of the other cast... I really loved it so much.

Quote:
So here's a wild theory. Red found the necklace from katarinas dad. Could the person he's going to see be her father. I also wondered if her father is going to turn out to be the man who told Liz about her mother?
I was thinking about her father, too... But he would be really old already. Could be I at least think it's nobody that we've ever seen. What if it is his father? Do we know if he is still alive? We don't, right?

Quote:
Btw how would red know that katarina took the necklace off if he wasn't there when she did it?
THIS! I have no idea I guess he was there... Just too late to safe her.

Quote:
It seems this episode was different than the usual pacing of the show and lacked the action stuff, but I thought it was a phenomenal episode - to see Red struggling and so vulnerable as he mourns for Liz's death. James Spader is incredible!
Cece, I couldn't have said it any better So you saw it I guess? That's awesome!
Old 04-23-2016, 05:55 AM
Loyal Fan

TPTB and NBC do actually care about awards just I said in news thread.
This ep obviously felt like an acting reel of JS for award nominations. That was acting expertise more than an ep. Nothing is answered,dangling confusing questions,(especially back to the core question:what's the connection between Red and Liz?)get the viewers to speculate.
It also proves that JS carries the show once again.They could eliminate any of the chatacters including Liz. So Red won't be killed off ever unless it's the series finale.
Generally when a major character dies, the episode after it is the fallout and how other characters react and deal with it. I think 3.20 would be a better follow up to 3.18.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 04-23-2016 at 06:34 AM
Old 04-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I might repeat myself but it was brilliant and I loved that they only focused on Red come their special relationship And yes, JS carries the show and he always has. I think we're all aware of that and we were before, too.

I for myself thought it such a change and I enjoyed the show for once finally again. All these garbage of the last seasons was gone. No inconsistencies, no characters that were ruined, no blacklister that might annoy me again, no Red/Liz drama in the sense of her being a bi***, no Tom/Liz drama, no baby, no pregnancy, nothing... It was sooo good and such a change. I loved it.

But yes, Dan, this definitely was an episode written to win an award... That's what I was thinking, too and judging by Daniel Knauf is acting on Twitter, it's for sure.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

I imagine any actor writer producer on any show is hoping their work will capture an audience keep their interest be good enough to be recognized and perhaps win an award. And when you have an actor like James Spader and the opportunity to do something different you have to jump on the chance and give it a shot. And just maybe if you get lucky you have a show like the last episode that is perfect. And even if there is no award you have the satisfaction of a job well done

Kris have you heard the old Beatles song all you need is love? I figure our sing could be all you need is Red Red red is all you need. Lol. Sometimes I catch myself thinking cast what cast I don't need a cast. Just put Red on the screen and I forget everything else.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I was so confused by this episode and tbh I didn't think it was that great either , pacing was slightly off, the only thing that saved it was James's acting..

BTW I thought Liz's mother have blonde hair , I knew it was an hallucination, but I still didn't know who the woman was because of the blonde hair thing..
Old 04-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

It was really confusing but I was thinking that this is real until she started calling him Raymond . I like this episode a lot, at least they showed a little bit more about Red past, and his feeling about choosing between mother and daughter, he is still blaming herself for Katarina's death. When he was saying that he lost the woman, which he loved, did he mean Lizz or Katarina, because they both left daughters behind?. It will be interesting to see, where Red will go with the necklace. JS was brilliant in this episode .
Old 04-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

For me Liz because of the flashbacks we saw as he was telling her..

Also it was this season that they were all saying Liz's mother is alive, so why would Raymond hallucinate her if she alive..

They didn't explain anything at all, what a waste of an eppy
Old 04-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch123 (View Post)
It was really confusing but I was thinking that this is real until she started calling him Raymond . I like this episode a lot, at least they showed a little bit more about Red past, and his feeling about choosing between mother and daughter, he is still blaming herself for Katarina's death. When he was saying that he lost the woman, which he loved, did he mean Lizz or Katarina, because they both left daughters behind?. It will be interesting to see, where Red will go with the necklace. JS was brilliant in this episode .
I kept going back and forth about it being real or not. At first i thought it was real then I would change my mind and then think it was real again. I honestly wasn't completely sure until the end and the old man told Red he was the only one there
Old 04-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I kept going back and forth about it being real or not. At first I thought it was real then I would change my mind and then think it was real again. I honestly wasn't completely sure until the end and the old man told Red he was the only one there.
Same here!
Old 04-24-2016, 12:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

They didn't explain anything at all, what a waste of an eppy
The episode visualised things we have known. I read somewhere this ep.was about Red and him dealing with his past. I thought it would answer some basic questions at least.
Kris, the flaws you mentioned will come back eventually
I think the writers should stay humble and grateful for what they've got. Reality is cruel,it always hits you hard

Last edited by sunshinedan; 04-24-2016 at 12:48 AM
Old 04-24-2016, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I can see the episode dealing with Red's past, just thought they would execute it better
Old 04-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I imagine any actor writer producer on any show is hoping their work will capture an audience keep their interest be good enough to be recognized and perhaps win an award. And when you have an actor like James Spader and the opportunity to do something different you have to jump on the chance and give it a shot. And just maybe if you get lucky you have a show like the last episode that is perfect. And even if there is no award you have the satisfaction of a job well done
That's true, Marilyn I agree. I get that, it's kind of the acknowledgment that some employee gets by being named the employee of the month or something. I get that, really

Quote:
Kris have you heard the old Beatles song all you need is love? I figure our sing could be all you need is Red Red red is all you need. Lol. Sometimes I catch myself thinking cast what cast I don't need a cast. Just put Red on the screen and I forget everything else.
I know that song, yes. And for me this is so true. No matter who he would be on screen with I would love every single minutes of Red and don't care about anything else.

Quote:
BTW I thought Liz's mother have blonde hair , I knew it was an hallucination, but I still didn't know who the woman was because of the blonde hair thing..
I'm confused by the hair color as well... On that picture she for sure is a brunette, then Liz is dieing her hair blond, she was kind of blond (although Red never said that it was so to Liz... It was just us reading something into it) and then she is a ginger in the hallucination. I really have no clue what she would actually have looked like.

Quote:
For me Liz because of the flashbacks we saw as he was telling her..
For me, too... Out of that reason. He talked differently when he was talking about Katarina and Liz. I somehow don't believe that he was in love with Katarina. I didn't get the impression.

Quote:
Also it was this season that they were all saying Liz's mother is alive, so why would Raymond hallucinate her if she alive..
They never said she would be alive... Liz always was judging that her mother was but Red always told her she is dead. I never believed her being alive at all tbh. And Volcov, I need to re-watch that scene where he is talking to Liz when he actually is talking about her. I somehow think that he was just being used. She isn't alive, I think she is dead and whoever wanted Liz to think she is alive was just after her, nothing more...

Quote:
Kris, the flaws you mentioned will come back eventually
I'm so sure they will But hey, give me that moment of peace, Dan

Quote:
I can see the episode dealing with Red's past, just thought they would execute it better
I honestly thought we would get more answers about his real family... Or his true connection to Katarina but still nothing. Although I really hope that this true connection will be revealed by the end of the season. It's all been about Katarina, the whole season. We need answers about that finally.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Liz's mom is alive either. Might have just been a ploy to get to her. I'm hesitant to trust anyone on this show, because it's The Blacklist.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know if anybody notice, Red's obsession about his hat in this episode , first in the Chinese shop ( whatever it was) when he took it instead of gun, and after when he was saving Katarina on the beach, and when he was helping her to go to the house, he managed to take it with him