Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2016, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

3x18: "MR. SOLOMON: CONCLUSION" Episode Discussion Thread (04/14/16 @ 9PM)

3x18 | Mr. Solomon: Conclusion
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After a tragedy puts a member of the team in grave danger, the task force must rely on Red and his unconventional methods to survive. Meanwhile, Tom and Liz face an unexpected complication that could affect their baby's future.

Last edited by Miranda; 01-29-2017 at 08:15 AM
Old 04-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Wow what an episode. James is incredible.

I was so mad at Liz when she told Red she would take it under advisement and was so nasty to him. You know that tore him up as well as what mr Kaplan said. They killed him one word at a time.

I must admit it feels like she is really dead, but I kind of think mr Kaplan took matters into her own hands to get Liz out of there and no one, not even Red knows the truth.

My emotions are all torn up. Don't know what to think. That scene with red in the ambulance and when he almost fell. Oh my. Oh my.
The twist would be if me Kaplan is working for the enemy and they have Liz

Last edited by Fangirl49; 04-14-2016 at 07:30 PM
Old 04-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Supreme Fan

My Lizzington-shipping heart is breaking . Red was devastated, and the look on his face when she said, "Raymond, I do love ..." It was his face that she stared at in her final moments.

I'm thinking that she's really alive - at least I hope she is. It would suck to have killed her off.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was shocked as never ever thought Liz or Red could die . Out of anyone else on the show Liz . Where they go from here has to be crazy . More later , reading a James Spader EW.com interview with photos of the funeral The Blacklist: James Spader on that shocking Liz Keen twist — exclusive | EW.com

Red /James performence was off the charts . Felt cheated out of not seeing Red tell Tom she was gone ..
Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

WHAT THE BLOODY FRAKKING HELL WAS THAT? What is this, kill a main character month? Is that the answers these writers have when they cant figure out how to fix something they broke?!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-15-2016, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, a lot of traffic here today

Okay, I can only say that I was so mad at Liz. Her behavior, I have no words for it and no understanding anymore... I'm sorry but she became the character on the show for me that I hate the most. And when I say hate I really mean hate.

And yeah, I as well don't believe that Liz is dead. She'll be gone for the rest of the season. I'm sure that Mr. Kaplan realized that Red couldn't keep her safe and what other way is there to stop that manhunt on her then fake her death and even make everybody else, even Red, believe she was dead... I'm sure that Liz and Mr. Kaplan might be the only ones knowing about it. But what about Nick? Somebody must have faked that death of hers, right?
Besides, that theory of her working for the enemy, oh no, please not that! I won't believe that Mr. Kaplan is a bad person, no...

Besides of that the episode confused me kind of... Did Solomon escape? I didn't even realize because I was so banned by all the Liz stuff. I guess I'll have to re-watch the episode.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Mr kaplans whole conversation with Red was so unexpected. Why would she care so much for Liz. She works for and her loyalty is to red. I would think she would be more like Dembe by trying to comfort Red. I couldn't understand her telling him off like that. So last night I thought that maybe the enemy has someone she cares about and is forcing mr Kaplan to do that and her speech was her way of giving him a hint.

Then I thought that maybe mr Kaplan doesn't know anything about it and maybe Nick has been bought

I don't think Liz is safe I think the enemy has her and red will eventually find her. I can't see them getting her away from him only to have her voluntarily come back. That in my opinion would make no sense

I do agree that Liz behavior toward Red had me so angry. How can she and all of them continue to blame him for this.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have never cried so much during an episode than this one! I bawled my eyes out. When Red was sitting next to Liz in the ambulance holding her hands looking all devastated just broke my heart into a million pieces.

I really hope that Liz isn't really dead and that some of you said, Mr. Kaplan faked all of this to get her out of this situation. I felt so real to me, so if this is all fake, they did one hell of job making us believe that Liz is dead.

I think I have to let this all sink in a bit..
Old 04-15-2016, 07:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Called it.

Quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Is Elizabeth Keen really dead?
JAMES SPADER: I think it’s most prudent not only as just myself and what I know or don’t know for that, but also in terms of the character of Reddington: Elizabeth Keen is dead.

Still nothing from Megan, or maybe I didn't see it?
The death felt real, but I'm suspicious... Without Liz, this is just becoming a classic police procedural... with Liz it was kind of a mistery whats her relationship with Red etc...

I'm glad that Liz apologised to Red!!! Before that, I was, dieeeeee! how dare you?!

Kaplan couldn't set this up. Because Red and Nik were trying to save her the whole time... better theory is that Red and Nik did revive her and then they slipped her some drugs, I know on other shows they used some drugs for that fake death, but you need to slip her the anti-drug fast, not waiting more then ten minutes or sooo...
Old 04-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No still no statement from Megan believer. Ryan also gave a statement:

Quote:
NBC declined to comment on Boone’s involvement with the series moving forward, but Eggold released an exclusive statement to TVLine: “I was as shocked as I think the fans are! I have loved working with Megan, especially as we explored the complicated dynamic in Liz and Tom’s relationship. I’m incredibly curious to see how this deep cut affects Tom’s understanding of the world and what this means for the future of their daughter.”
I really hope that Mr. Kaplan faked her death without telling anybody even Red.

The scene between Red and Ressler was amazing! The way he gave Red his jacket and brought him to the car!

And the way Ressler hold Samar after he told her about Liz was sweet. I really like to think they are back on good terms again.

What do you guys think about the baby's name Agnes? I don't like it. It's like Tom said in the beginning, it's an old lady name (no offense to people names Agnes). I like the thought behind it that Liz want to name her after Sam's mother but I don't like it.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
No still no statement from Megan believer. Ryan also gave a statement:

I really hope that Mr. Kaplan faked her death without telling anybody even Red.

The scene between Red and Ressler was amazing! The way he gave Red his jacket and brought him to the car!

And the way Ressler hold Samar after he told her about Liz was sweet. I really like to think they are back on good terms again.

What do you guys think about the baby's name Agnes? I don't like it. It's like Tom said in the beginning, it's an old lady name (no offense to people names Agnes). I like the thought behind it that Liz want to name her after Sam's mother but I don't like it.
I don't like the name either. But i was thinking about red and Sam and wondering if they could be brothers

I thought Samar was excellent. I think Adam making them apologize helped her and reseller start acting better toward each other
Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)

I don't like it also... Agree with Tom... I don't know how some parents "cripple" their children with names... Don't know much about west(ish) countries, but in Eastern Europe, man oh man, what the hell, why would you name your child like that... Also, there aren't much cases like this from 70-80s onwards, but before that... I really don't understand, I told my mom a long time ago that my children wouldn't be named after her or fater or grandparents or grandgrandwhatever... she said that she doesn't care... tho, my grandma thinks I'm joking... Sorry for the personal opinion, needed to let it out.

So, while I was watching the EP, I thought Nik is the real MVP, he saved Tom(or was that someone else?), Red and he is saving Liz now... well, Liz did die at the end, but her baby lived, sooo 3/4 not bad? But if its a fake death, then its 100%?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm glad that Liz apologised to Red!!! Before that, I was, dieeeeee! how dare you?!
That's somehow what it was the whole episode like for me It was unbelievable and I'm not sure if they could have made it any worse with her...

Quote:
Kaplan couldn't set this up. Because Red and Nik were trying to save her the whole time... better theory is that Red and Nik did revive her and then they slipped her some drugs, I know on other shows they used some drugs for that fake death, but you need to slip her the anti-drug fast, not waiting more then ten minutes or sooo...
Nope, that I don't believe at all. I'm pretty sure that Red has no clue that Liz could still be alive. I'm sure he's out of it all. I recall a Daniel Knauf interview where he talked about Mr. Kaplan and that he would find it most interesting if she would betray him and to see if he'd go along and kill her as well like with every single person that betrayed him. I think it was her. And Nick, yes, he needs to be involved as well.

The question for me is, was Liz involved? If so that's the only reason why she called Red back in and apologized, because she knows she'll never see him again (or have to see him again). It would be so selfish and somehow sooo gross of her to fake her death towards him (and her child AND Tom!). Wow, I'm really curious how that all will play out. Should she return and have known, I'm sure she won't be welcomed with open arms.

Quote:
You won't believe it, but that was my favorite scene from the whole episode because it was one of the few that felt really honest and sincere!

Quote:
I was kind of surprised it was a baby girl I thought it would be a boy and he would be names Sam. So stupid
But yes, not a big fan of the baby and I'm really wondering what will happen to the little one, especially should there be a spin-off. I'm still totally lost here... Would Tom take her with him? Will he give the baby up for adoption in the end? I'm really wondering.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

baaa baaaa the black sheep of the board has arrived

wow there's a lot of Liz hate going on here...... I honestly think that Red deserved EVERYTHING that was said to him and has ever been said to him by both Liz, Mr. Kaplan, and Dembe. When Red burned that envelope that was supposed to tell Liz the truth upon his death he lost me. He continues to lie to her all. the. time. And keep secrets from her. He deserves what he gets in my opinion.

Obviously his entire reasoning - that her life would be in jeopardy is complete bogus Her life is already in danger all the time. Knowing the truth might actually help her stay alive so she's knows the threats that are coming for her. Instead Superhero Red (and I say that sarcastically) keeps her in the dark so she's a sitting duck just waiting to be picked off.

I loved all the Liz/Tom scenes tonight they were amazing And their baby was so sweet

I sincerely hope that Liz is not really dead.

Well at least Tom is still around and now that he's Agnes' father I don't see him going where any time soon
Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
That's somehow what it was the whole episode like for me It was unbelievable and I'm not sure if they could have made it any worse with her...

Nope, that I don't believe at all. I'm pretty sure that Red has no clue that Liz could still be alive. I'm sure he's out of it all. I recall a Daniel Knauf interview where he talked about Mr. Kaplan and that he would find it most interesting if she would betray him and to see if he'd go along and kill her as well like with every single person that betrayed him. I think it was her. And Nick, yes, he needs to be involved as well.

The question for me is, was Liz involved? If so that's the only reason why she called Red back in and apologized, because she knows she'll never see him again (or have to see him again). It would be so selfish and somehow sooo gross of her to fake her death towards him (and her child AND Tom!). Wow, I'm really curious how that all will play out. Should she return and have known, I'm sure she won't be welcomed with open arms.

I was kind of surprised it was a baby girl I thought it would be a boy and he would be names Sam. So stupid
But yes, not a big fan of the baby and I'm really wondering what will happen to the little one, especially should there be a spin-off. I'm still totally lost here... Would Tom take her with him? Will he give the baby up for adoption in the end? I'm really wondering.
Today in the TV bussines, I think I see much more hatred to women characters and thats mostly because of the things the writers did to Liz, she became really annoying...

I would believe that Mr. Kaplan would set it up, but how is my problem... In other shows they used tetrodotoxine as a way of you to fake die, because it makes your basically paralyzed or blocks your nerves, but you can't induce the antidote whenever you want... *THE THINGS YOU LEARN ON TV* But during the time I wrote this I remembred that Nik and Kaplan had a chat about the machines they needed to get to the ICU, maybe she said her plan to him then... Also the camera focused on Kaplan after she took Liz's body, also suspicious.

I don't think so... but that way she could work from the shadows about why there is a team that is trying to capture her... When you think about it, Liz will be later involved, if Kaplan really fake her death, then Liz needs to stay away from Red/Tom...

LOL!!! That kid is going to disappear like that dog whatshisname... (presumed alive)
I thought while watching the EP that he is going to be put up for adoption...