Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

3x16: "THE CARETAKER" Episode Discussion Thread (02/25/16 @ 9PM)

3x16 | The Caretaker
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After a State Department official is found dead in Beijing, Red and Liz link the murder to a secret keeper known as The Caretaker, who maintains an impenetrable safety deposit vault for criminals. Red and Liz work with the task force to find the Caretaker and his collection of lethal and classified secrets. Meanwhile, Tom makes a risky decision, while Liz persists on her quest to find out more about her mother.

Last edited by Miranda; 01-29-2017 at 08:17 AM
Old 02-25-2016, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Blacklist Thursday! Enjoy the episode tonight.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy The Blacklist Thursday! The last Thursday before the hiatus!

I'll watch the episode first thing in the morning tomorrow. I really can't wait!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

april 7th?? why such a long hiatus?

love the tom/liz scenes so much
why is red so determined to keep them apart and for liz to not know the truth about mother?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

^The next episode is scheduled for Mar.17th.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
No it's in April
Old 02-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
No, It's definitely April 7th. I just saw the promo

And some thoughts on the episode... I really love Red and I can't wait for the April 7th episode.

My theory about Katarina maybe being after Liz starts to make more sense. Why the hell would Red keep that a secret from Liz if not to protect her? He did never do anything to protect himself but her. I still think that Katarina would like to see Liz dead, don't ask me why. Or at least suffer, maybe by killing Red because except everything that's happening right now we know she cares deeply for Red. I still want to believe that he's somehow a good guy when it comes to Liz. He isn't otherwise because he's a criminal, that's for sure but with Liz I think he is.

Gina being back!!!! I love that sooo much. I love her. And I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her
But who was she talking to on the phone??? Was it Red, the Major, Mr. Solomon, the Cabal, Katarina?! Somebody else? I'm excited and I want to know!

Tom going there They are still not talking and lying to each other. Nothing more to say about Tom and Liz.

Cooper and his wife... I'm not sure he is up to forgive her, I don't know if he ever will. What do you think?

The envelope Red was burning on the graveyard. Did I get that right that Liz should have gotten it in case something happened to Red? Why is it that this was what Red was talking about to Mr. Kaplan when he told her in 2x19 that she knows what to do should he die Did anybody catch that, too? And why did he burn it now? I'm so confused?!
Dembe thinks that Liz deserves the truth, why wouldn't Red agree?

Oh, on a side note, I loved that we saw Anton Velov again!!! I really loved him in season 2 and I still love him. But he is going to die, that's sad. It might have been the last time we saw him.

Wow, the scene with Red and Dembe in the car was... HARSH Red really told Dembe to watch the road. That was so off. I think things are getting really serious lately. Still, I never expected such a reaction and I'm disappointed.

Don't even get me started with Ressler, Samar and Aram... This was so not necessary because it just doesn't fit the show. I was annoyed and it's getting on my nerves.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a good episode. Too bad we have to wait until April 7th for the next one!

Red, Red, Red. What are you trying so desperately to hide from Liz? What was in the red envelope? What is it that she can't know?

I am kind of glad that Liz now knows that her mother is still alive. Maybe if and when Katarina Rostova is going to try something, it won't completely catch her off guard I hope.

Dembe! Can I say hallelujah for Dembe! That man doesn't speak much but when he does speak, he says things that make so much sense and I am really glad that he spoke his mind to Red about Liz. I didn't expect Red to blow him off like he did and tell him to simply watch the road. That caught me off guard and I didn't like that.

I loved Gina being back again! They should make her a recurring character. I really like her. The phone call at the end, I am sure she was taking to The Major. She is working for him after all and I think they might go after Tom together. The fight scene between Tom and Gina was good. They really are well-matched together. I would rather see Tom and Gina together then Tom and Liz but that aside.

I thought the scene between Ressler, Samar and Aram was funny. That Aram told Ress that he had to apologize to Samar It wasn't very sincere if you ask me but hey he did get Aram to help him to detonate the bomb.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I think Dembe is representing every fan out there. Just tell it Red, damn it!!! But I'm sure Red had his reasons...

That was weird, give this envelope to Liz if something happens to me and then burning it? What? Maybe he burned it because Dembe said if the universe wants it, she will find it out somehow?

I serisouly don't remember this Velov character from S2... :O I was like who's this guy... But I knew that the letter was for Liz, he kind of stopped talking and when he continued and telling the story about him and his daughter, it was exact like Liz and her mother...

Liz/Red is boring. Liz every time doubts Red, then later forgiving him, over and over again.

I hope that Major is back, I mean he is looking for Tom for a whole season now...

The Caretaker was okay, I also knew that his (not real) daughter was behind it, she was awfully calm when they ask her about the kidnapping...

And Amar/Samar/Ressler, that was so bad that I through the whole scene, I would fire Aram for that, he is getting on my nerve about this Ressler/Samar thing, I kind of hoped that bomb could go off so that scene could finally END.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Red, Red, Red. What are you trying so desperately to hide from Liz? What was in the red envelope? What is it that she can't know?
That's the big question but I still can't put my finger on why exactly he is hiding it... To protect her or to protect himself? What do you guys think?

Quote:
I am kind of glad that Liz now knows that her mother is still alive. Maybe if and when Katarina Rostova is going to try something, it won't completely catch her off guard I hope.
So funny how all the speculation we did got to you. We don't even know yet if she's a danger to Liz But somehow you're talking about it as if she would be and I somehow think the chances aren't too good for her to be a good person.

Quote:
I loved Gina being back again! They should make her a recurring character. I really like her. The phone call at the end, I am sure she was taking to The Major. She is working for him after all and I think they might go after Tom together. The fight scene between Tom and Gina was good. They really are well-matched together. I would rather see Tom and Gina together then Tom and Liz but that aside.
Agreed! That's what I would want to see more, Gina and Tom interaction because in last nights episode they both were great together There definitely is chemistry and want more.

Quote:
That was weird, give this envelope to Liz if something happens to me and then burning it? What? Maybe he burned it because Dembe said if the universe wants it, she will find it out somehow?
I really am wondering what made him change his mind about the envelope... It's a mystery to me. What new information did he gather that he doesn't want Liz to know about whatever was written in that letter. I want to know!

Quote:
I serisouly don't remember this Velov character from S2... :O I was like who's this guy... But I knew that the letter was for Liz, he kind of stopped talking and when he continued and telling the story about him and his daughter, it was exact like Liz and her mother...
You don't remember Volcov? How is that possible. Volcov was the guy in 2x21 who was with Red at the end and talked about the people who were asking about Katarina Rostova. He was the one telling Red that two people from the justice department were asking about Katarina's daughter and he was the one who triggered Red into calling Liz at the post office and telling her that she has been framed. Besides, Liz went to him before that and asked about Katarina Rostova. She got the name from the Orea agents.

Quote:
Liz/Red is boring. Liz every time doubts Red, then later forgiving him, over and over again.
Agreed.

Quote:
And Amar/Samar/Ressler, that was so bad that I through the whole scene, I would fire Aram for that, he is getting on my nerve about this Ressler/Samar thing, I kind of hoped that bomb could go off so that scene could finally END.
That was pretty much my reaction and my thoughts about it!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks about the info.

Megan on twitter said that the picture of Liz is her when she was a kid.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you remember him now, Believer?

Yes, I saw that as well and I assumed it even... I've seen some of Megan's pictures when she was a child and it looked like her
Old 02-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, I do, thanks.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
Yes, I do, thanks.
That's awesome!

Btw, did you guys think that Red used the book of the Caretaker to find the letter he burned at the end? I guess though, right?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Definetely.