Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Maybe about 80% of the episode was "less than stellar" but that doesn't even matter to me because what was at the heart of the episode, Red's heart, in fact, was so beautifully tragic that this episode will probably rank among my favourites for a long time coming. I really loved seeing this side of Red. We've known of some of his past relationships (Naomi, Madeline, etc.) but we've never seen him in love before and just left completely broken like he was at the end. Ugh. It killed me.
I'm all with you about Red's flashbacks and his business and reasons for hunting this guy down! Damn it, I never expected to see Red so in love... I expected something like with Madeline or Naomi, but what we got... It was breathtakingly beautiful. Although I have to admit that after 2.5 years it was extremely strange to see Red really in love with a woman. Man, you would really think that after such a time it wouldn't be kind of strange but it was. Nevertheless beautiful. And it explains a lot, his protective side. He made the mistake to hesitate ones and he won't do it again.

Quote:
Also, Red didn't shoot the DEA agent. You can't tell who shot him but it came from the main room where the wedding was held, off to the side. Red laughed in a "well, karma's a bitch" sort of way, but he didn't actually shoot him. And neither did (or would!) Ressler.
Glad you saw it the same way I did

Quote:
Samar seemed soooooo OOC for me with the whole baby thing. If anyone, I could see Aram more in that position than Samar, but w/e I think they just wanted to make it more dramatic for Liz to reveal that she plans on giving the baby up.
AMEN!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWilson (View Post)

Also, Red didn't shoot the DEA agent. You can't tell who shot him but it came from the main room where the wedding was held, off to the side. Red laughed in a "well, karma's a bitch" sort of way, but he didn't actually shoot him. And neither did (or would!) Ressler. He might be an annoying pain, but he's still a DEA agent. If Red had shot him (which, I don't even think he would, he really only seems to shoot/kill dirty cops/agents or maybe if the guy were to actually threaten to kill either him or Liz or someone from their team, then maybe) then he would've been in a whole world of trouble with Liz, as well as Cooper and the whole task force.
When the shot was fired I was a little confused as to who shot the DEA guy but after that I just assumed that it was Red. So then I wonder who did kill him. I don't think it was Ressler either, he wouldn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWilson (View Post)

Samar seemed soooooo OOC for me with the whole baby thing. If anyone, I could see Aram more in that position than Samar, but w/e I think they just wanted to make it more dramatic for Liz to reveal that she plans on giving the baby up.
I couldn't agree more! It was so strange! But ever since Samar slept with Ressler and she was fired by him, she has been acting OOC. All the baby things that she talked about.. that was more a thing for Aram like you said then for Samar.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyB (View Post)
The DEA guy annoyed me - but what annoyed me more was that Ressler heard him say Comrade Rostova a whole bunch of times and said nothing after the first time in the park. But I didn't catch in the end where the shot came from that killed the DEA guy or who put the gun in the ice. I need to go back and rewatch that part.
It was Red who dropped the gun he was holding in the ice, but he didn't shoot the DEA guy. There were sporadic shots coming from the main room while that standoff was going on, and right before he grabbed his throat there were a couple of whinging/dinging noises which made it sound like it was a ricocheting shot that hit him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
The blacklister was weird. Did he really think he could get the two families to stop their feud? I still don't really know what his motive was. And what was it about the final scene with him and Red? Did he do something to Josephine?
Red blamed him for Josephine because he arranged Josephine's marriage to the guy who beat her and left her brain-damaged, just like he tried to arrange the marriage between the two mob families. It seemed like the arranged marriage thing was his go-to move, although I'm not sure why, it didn't seem to work that well...
Old 02-07-2016, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The blacklister was weird. Did he really think he could get the two families to stop their feud? I still don't really know what his motive was. And what was it about the final scene with him and Red? Did he do something to Josephine?
Miranda, you did miss out on that? It's like Wild Pikachu says... He was the person who arranged Josephine's marriages to the guy that beat her up and left her brain dead.

But about Alistair, I somehow don't get what his gain was in all of that... Money? Was it really just money?
Old 02-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember now cause I was looking for info on Alistair for the list thread but thank you Wild Pikachu for clearing it up for me.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
But about Alistair, I somehow don't get what his gain was in all of that... Money? Was it really just money?
Basically, yeah, but not a cut but a percentage for every deal after they merge. Basically the equivalent of buying stock for a company and getting returns for it.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamon (View Post)
Basically, yeah, but not a cut but a percentage for every deal after they merge. Basically the equivalent of buying stock for a company and getting returns for it.
Okay, I get that Isn't it sad that all that everybody cares about it money? I thought this really frightening especially considering what happened to Josephine.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added this to the OP.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another great one. Look at the amazing Samar cap
Old 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks. The Samar one is my favorite.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

S E A S O N 3 R E - W A T C H

x

Since we're on Hiatus and since our show tends to give us more information than our brain can work through, it's time for our yearly re-watch!
This time it'll be season 3.

We'll go with o n e episode a week, because we've got a long hiatus coming.

I'll set up a new episode each S u n d a y, so enjoy this one for now and don't forget to discuss it with us!
Old 10-28-2018, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw the episode and seriously, I didn't at all look forward to it. But man, this had the Josephine storyline in it and I had totally forgotten about it I soooo loved Josephine and the way Red loved her. Again we get to see a tragedy that formed him, that hurt him so badly four years ago. How much pain can a person take? I'm always wondering.
And this quote "I saw the life disappear from her eyes."

In general the blacklister this time didn't have any function regarding the big bad and the bigger storyline though.

Samar and Ressler still are not getting along. I love how Aram tries to make it right again, to help them see they need to forgive. But both Samar and Ressler are to stubborn.
Aram is super cute when he tells them about losing that weight

Oh, and Samar having dinner with Levy and finding out that he is engaged and is about to get married... I didn't recall that she was so devastated about it. But actually at this point she was.

The Samar Liz bonding was a nice change as well. Liz and giving her child away for adoption. Hm... Knowing all I know now I would have thought it the best for little Agnes tbh.

And Tom and Gina and all this crap I really don't care.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

The opening scene with Red and Josephine. She loves him. Ohhhhhhh. And he loves her. And it was more recent than I thought. So when was he with Madeline. I assume after Josephine died??? Red has been thru so much. Liz has no idea. Red getting the call. Knowing Josephine is in trouble and he can't get there. The story of his life.

Liz is pushing about her mother. I guess because of the adoption. But it still doesn't seem angrily...,

I can protect you all you need to do is ask. Omg do you think this is why he's so protective of Liz. He's not asking now. He's doing it. He can't lose anyone else.

When Samar is mad, she's mad. She doesn't give an inch. Ressler is just babbling. Omg.

Liz registered for common sense and if she's thinking of having Toms kid she needs some. I love Ressler for this moment.

Stupid tom. And that's all I will say about that.

You're right about the blacklister. He didn't move the main plot along. But we learn about Reds past.

Btw Red knows how to give a toast. Rotflmao. Ah here we go better than tv.

I held her in my arms and watched the life fade from her eyes. Josephine. It's done.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

But Josephine didn't die She is still in the wheelchair in a facility because I think she has some kind of brain damage. It's so super sad. And her being alive at the end with these injuries that changed her so much was even more torture than if she would have been dead.

Marilyn, I didn't even make the connection between Josephine and Liz and Red's behavior. It's possible, really

I'm really thankful that we learned about Red's past and his story with Josephine. It was really heart breaking.

This is such a beautiful quote. Why are there so many that could be mine for season 3 but the others I'm still struggling with
Old 11-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about Josephine. Her living like that is such a tragedy. I know people don't want to lose their loved ones and I can understand but that is so sad.

So if this happened 4 years ago, it must have been right before Red turned himself in because this is S3. He lost Josephine to violence and abuse. Liz is married to Tom, a man Red does not trust. I can't help but wonder if this played into his decision.

Maybe he felt he had to be there to protect her.

We've talked about Liz having PTSD after she shot Connoly. I wonder if Red does too. He lost his family and Josephine. We already know he's s control freak. This loss of Josephine might have intensified his feelings.