Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I think she did. Why else tell him if she didn't want him to arrange something? I have to say from what I have seen from the apartment so far, it's looks really nice and homey.
I love the apartment as well It really looks good and I really can get used to that set. I can't wait to see the first people visiting her.

Btw, what I totally forgot was that moment when Red whispered that associate of his (when he was killing him) that he would be in hell with them soon... What the hell does that mean? It sounds as if Red already knew that it's getting more dangerous and that he'll most likely die It made me so sad to see hear him see that. You again got a glimpse of what he things he deserves... Only the worst.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:37 AM
Loyal Fan

What makes me sad is they don't treat Liz as a real woman,even she forgot the missing period but still has other signs. For a woman who doesn't want bio-children would do safe protection.It's a dumb plot as Tom survived after three close range gunshots.they treat the viewers like idiots.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
What makes me sad is they don't treat Liz as a real woman,even she forgot the missing period but still has other signs. For a woman who doesn't want bio-children would do safe protection.It's a dumb plot as Tom survived after three close range gunshots.they treat the viewers like idiots.
I know exactly what you mean, Dan. It was me kind of joking around about what the producers come up with... Sadly it's that bad already that I'm joking about stuff like that but I can't help it. I have no clue how to handle the situation and all the frustration otherwise because I so used to love that show before it became a soap opera.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I love the apartment as well It really looks good and I really can get used to that set. I can't wait to see the first people visiting her.

Btw, what I totally forgot was that moment when Red whispered that associate of his (when he was killing him) that he would be in hell with them soon... What the hell does that mean? It sounds as if Red already knew that it's getting more dangerous and that he'll most likely die It made me so sad to see hear him see that. You again got a glimpse of what he things he deserves... Only the worst.
I don't know what that could mean. I don't think he means it as literally as he made it sounds. Nobody knows when they die. Neither does Red and yes he has more chance of dying because of what we does but still.

Last edited by Miranda; 01-23-2016 at 04:50 AM Reason: Double post
Old 01-23-2016, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I don't know what that could mean. I don't think he means it as literally as he made it sounds. Nobody knows when they die. Neither does Red and yes he has more chance of dying because of what we does but still.
Yeah, I know... But somehow that sentence of him reminded me of my suspicious that I think the show will end with him dying. I know I voiced that feeling before and I still think this will happen.

Maybe I'm even more concerned about that comment of his because he is aware of all the bad things he's done and he still sees himself as nothing but bad. I think he isn't just bad. He really is hideous in some way, especially when it comes to his agenda and him killing all these people that stand in his way, that harmed his loved ones or betrayed him. But he is good as well, in the relationship with Dembe, Mr. Kaplan and Liz, his morals, him doing things out of love... I think he's one of the grayest characters I've ever met.

Btw, who else thought it totally stupid that this woman and her son tried to flea the building why Samar and Ressler shot down these two guys at the music school? It was just so stupid... And that woman is supposed to work for the FBI as well? Who would react that way?
Old 01-23-2016, 11:24 PM
New Fan

The thing is I can only watch the episodes encore a week later and I love rolling on here to get spoilers and review because everybody is so nice and interesting. But a about 3.11 I don't know what to say. I mean I'm a keen2 shiper and yet I hate the idea "marry when u r pregnant ". I'd love to see they make progress to amend their relationship, just not this way. There are many awesome fic writers that give me magnificent things I adore and I really don't need Mr script writer trying to handle sentiments. They should just focus onthe suspense, he makes awful attempts with meera and Samar and ressler already.
Really, I ship keen2 for their their trust/ distrust prob and already expected they won't get back together. Hell, my ideal end is even Keenler ( she'd be safer with ressler ) and keen2 on a platonic friendship. Is that asking too much?
Mr Reddington and his team are awesome, but they can't save the show completely despite all their wonderful performance. There must be some change in the script, honestly. Cruel but I think Liz ( not MB of course ) would get a miscarriage.
As for now, I think I need an abundance amount of motivation to watch this episode. Sorry for rambling here, I just can't help it.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Btw, who else thought it totally stupid that this woman and her son tried to flea the building why Samar and Ressler shot down these two guys at the music school? It was just so stupid... And that woman is supposed to work for the FBI as well? Who would react that way?
That was so stupid! Everybody knows that if you try to run the bad guys always find you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tangg (View Post)
The thing is I can only watch the episodes encore a week later and I love rolling on here to get spoilers and review because everybody is so nice and interesting. But a about 3.11 I don't know what to say. I mean I'm a keen2 shiper and yet I hate the idea "marry when u r pregnant ". I'd love to see they make progress to amend their relationship, just not this way. There are many awesome fic writers that give me magnificent things I adore and I really don't need Mr script writer trying to handle sentiments. They should just focus onthe suspense, he makes awful attempts with meera and Samar and ressler already.
Really, I ship keen2 for their their trust/ distrust prob and already expected they won't get back together. Hell, my ideal end is even Keenler ( she'd be safer with ressler ) and keen2 on a platonic friendship. Is that asking too much?
Mr Reddington and his team are awesome, but they can't save the show completely despite all their wonderful performance. There must be some change in the script, honestly. Cruel but I think Liz ( not MB of course ) would get a miscarriage.
As for now, I think I need an abundance amount of motivation to watch this episode. Sorry for rambling here, I just can't help it.
Welcome to and the board! This is the place to ramble and speak your mind. So go right ahead. We love to get to new insight.

I agree with you about the fact that something needs to change cause this can't go on like this. I like the fact that you are a keen2 shipper but you could see Liz with Ressler and think she is safer with him. I agree with you about that. I am a die hard Keenler shipper and she would be a lot safer with Ressler.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That was so stupid! Everybody knows that if you try to run the bad guys always find you.
And she had two agents there to protect her... And she himself was working for the FBI. Man, I didn't want to believe what happened on screen there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tangg (View Post)
Hey there and welcome to It's totally fine that you ramble here about the episode, even though you haven't seen it yet which is kind of cute. And you get yourself spoiled that much already before even seeing the episode? My respect, I wouldn't be able to handle that

Don't you worry, it's totally fine that you ship Keen2. I really think you are the only Keen2 shipper who ever said that they would love to see Liz with Ressler in the end because she would be safer with him and the Tom/Liz relationship being a platonic friendship. You know, I wouldn't mind a friendship either. Why not? They've experienced a lot together and although I'm not the biggest fan of Tom I know that he really loves her and that he only wants the best for her. The extremes he'd go to though are too much for me.

There definitely has something to change... Especially with all the characters besides Red's team. Because like you said, they aren't enough to make it a fantastic show. I just hate it that Liz ALWAYS seems like a stupid little girl. Not even realizing she's pregnant?
The time line is a mess, I'm not sure how they'd ever fix that... It's all so disappointing right now.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

First of all, I think I'm one of the few, who like the episode, especially the scenes between Tom and Liz. So I don't think that Liz is pregnant is a bad thing, I actually love it, but of couse because I'm a Keen2 shipper. And there could be some conflicts between Red and Liz about the baby and Tom, that could be interesting and I hope that in the end there will be a happy end for her and Tom. But the proposal of Tom was too early.
And I don't think that Liz isn't safe, when she's with Tom. Why should she be in danger? At the moment, he no assignments and isn't working. He wanted to start a new, normal life with her. And Liz will be always in danger, because Red cares about her and he will always have enemies.
Back to the episode I loved it again how great Red was this week again. His plan wasn't clear till the end and you never know what Red is gonna do and what are his aims.
But I don't like that now everybody is working at his place where he had before and Liz is now just the connection between Red and the FBI and has not so much to do.
The logical mistakes weren't soo big, so I don't care so much about them.

Last edited by kn37; 01-24-2016 at 09:41 AM
Old 01-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey kn37 I'm sure you're not the only one really liking the episode There are just not a lot of Keen2 shippers posting here. Good to see you around!

Quote:
And there could be some conflicts between Red and Liz about the baby and Tom, that could be interesting and I hope that in the end there will be a happy end for her and Tom.
You see, I don't like it that it's always Tom who somehow brings tension between Liz and Red. It's getting boring for me. I wish they'd go back to that interesting and exciting show we had during season 1. Everybody had a place there and it was stunning writing we got. Now it's always about Tom and Liz playing family, changing Tom completely (which I didn't like either because I thought he was great as that bad guy spy).

Besides, it's a kind of show that really doesn't fit a child in... I have no clue how that is supposed to work. Tom sitting at home with the baby and Liz being out in the field or profiling with Red and the task force? I don't see this happening. It just takes away all the appeal for me to watch in general.

Quote:
And I don't think that Liz isn't safe, when she's with Tom. Why should she be in danger? At the moment, he no assignments and isn't working. He wanted to start a new, normal life with her. And Liz will be always in danger, because Red cares about her and he will always have enemies.
I think there's still some price to pay for him regarding the Major. He didn't sent these guys after Tom without it never being mentioned. I guess we'll come back to that one some time soon.

Quote:
For me they were. But I guess that's the problem with being on a forum and discussing it a lot in general. You normally wouldn't give it too much thought but while discussing you kind of notice those things a lot easier and a lot more often.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Besides, it's a kind of show that really doesn't fit a child in... I have no clue how that is supposed to work.
I don't know how it would work, either, but if she brings her child to term, I could easily see the child being kidnapped at some point.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a firm believer that the male writers and producers of this show couldn't have graduated past junior high school... Right? Because the way they write the female characters on this show is just juvenile and silly.

First lets talk Samar, who is my fave kick ass agent on this task force. She's smart, she's loyal, she's FAIR. But what do they do with her? They make her into this bitter and scorned ex lover who even though previously said she understood Ressler's actions, is now bickering and trying to call his actions out during a field mission. AND challenging him, quite unprofessionally, in front of Cooper.

Then (before we even know about this baby business), we have Liz just running into Tom's arms with no talks... no discussions about what her exoneration means for them and if he's truly changed. Because let's not not forget Tom did kill Asher Sutton, who was innocent in this ordeal, to get to Karakurt. So as much as I want to like Tom as a good guy, I agree with Red that he is inherently bad.

When Liz casually told Red that 'Tom thinks we should just run away together" I wanted to slap some sense into her. Not because she chose him. But just because the writers didn't give any substance or deliberation or intellect into her decision. She's an FBI agent. A smart girl. Yet they make her seem naive and very juvenile when it comes to some of her most important life decisions.

And apparently she doesn't even know her own body. Because even though stress can cause missed periods, there are other huge signs that let a woman know she is carrying a child.

I don't want any part of this pregnancy twist. The last thing Liz needs right now is a baby which will tie her down and make her decisions not just HERS anymore. I've wanted so long for her to just be able to breathe and take ownership of her life. But now she can't do that alone. Her decisions will be influenced, once again, by others.

Ugh.

But I did love Mr Kaplan and Aram
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 01-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn37 (View Post)
First of all, I think I'm one of the few, who like the episode, especially the scenes between Tom and Liz. So I don't think that Liz is pregnant is a bad thing, I actually love it, but of couse because I'm a Keen2 shipper. And there could be some conflicts between Red and Liz about the baby and Tom, that could be interesting and I hope that in the end there will be a happy end for her and Tom. But the proposal of Tom was too early.
Back to the episode I loved it again how great Red was this week again. His plan wasn't clear till the end and you never know what Red is gonna do and what are his aims.
But I don't like that now everybody is working at his place where he had before and Liz is now just the connection between Red and the FBI and has not so much to do.

You are not only one of the few!! I totally loved this episode and agree with everything you said. It's what Kris said - Keen2 shippers don't really post on this board or join in on the episode discussions.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyChelle (View Post)

I don't want any part of this pregnancy twist. The last thing Liz needs right now is a baby which will tie her down and make her decisions not just HERS anymore. I've wanted so long for her to just be able to breathe and take ownership of her life. But now she can't do that alone. Her decisions will be influenced, once again, by others.
As a heroine liz had a great premise.But they dumb down her for building up dramas as episodes fly by. She's been a plot device for a long time. I don't understand why TPTB create such average,weak female protagonist who relies on men and become their chasing trophy. The show is full of misogynistic writing,lack of girl power. No wonder the female fanbase is much less than Scandal.I can say Liz would never do an abortion just like Olivia Pope did. Tptb would not go that far.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
As a heroine liz had a great premise.But they dumb down her for building up dramas as episodes fly by. She's been a plot device for a long time. I don't understand why TPTB create such average,weak female protagonist who relies on men and become their chasing trophy. The show is full of misogynistic writing,lack of girl power. No wonder the female fanbase is much less than Scandal.I can say Liz would never do an abortion just like Olivia Pope did. Tptb would not go that far.
Yep! She's been a pawn since S1/E1 for so many people in her life. I love Red but he's strung her along the most at times. Giving her little bits of details not thinking she can handle the truth and still keeping crucial parts of her past from her. In some aspects, he's no better than Tom. (I know that's unpopular opinion)

I often wonder what the end game of her character is. I would think in 3 seasons, she would show some kind of growth. During some parts of S2, I thought I saw her growing and evolving into a character we could root for. But then the writers crush it by writing her as silly and irrational and very selfish at times. I know she's said she has narcissistic behavior but even Red has shown some character growth!! Give Liz a little too!
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist