Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

3x10: "THE DIRECTOR: CONCLUSION" Episode Discussion Thread (01/14/16 @ 9PM)

3x10 | The Director: Conclusion
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
As the Cabal prepares to assassinate Liz, Red calls upon the task force to to combine efforts to outmaneuver The Cabal to exonerate her. Red delivers a final ultimatum.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:46 AM
Old 01-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris!

Happy TBL Thursday! Enjoy the episode tonight!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome

And...

x
Old 01-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And this;

x
Old 01-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just wanted to post this one in the Main Cast thread But yes, I sooo love that! It's one of the best we've gotten so far.

Besides, there's a third one

x

ETA - I just saw the episode and I don't know what to say!

First of all, the way they exonerated Liz was amazing and I'm beyond happy that she had to face the consequences for shooting Connolly! Yes, I believe in TPTB again after this. I couldn't be more satisfied!

Okay, so let's start from the beginning... Red's team was awesome But what I expected, Red would never directly work with Tom. I think nothing has changed since about their relationship. Still, Aram, Samar, Dembe, Marvin, Mr. Kaplan, that guy without a name (or did I just miss it) and Red being there. I loved that.

Now we know how all of it was connected and I loved that as well. It was all to weaken the Director and therewith the Cabal and it worked...

Ressler and Liz were great together again I loved their scenes together so much and he did a fantastic job! Keeping a hold of Liz's will and then giving it to her again... I would have loved to know what her will exactly would have been. I'm sure Ressler doesn't know, didn't take a peek. What do you think?

Cooper for once was in the episode without his marriage drama But Red knows, which is somehow funny... He always knows.

Okay, so lets go to how Red got the deal for Liz, it was great. It was a really great plan tbh and like nothing I've ever seen before on tv. the episode went by soooo smooth and I loved it.

Liz being an asset now I really love that, too... It's strange at first, I know but it will barely change anything. I'm wondering if she'll be less in the post office from now on.

And now to what's making me really sad and scares me like hell... What the Director said to Red about who he is to Liz and why he did what he did Damn it, I honestly have never doubted Red, I never lost hope in him but when the Director said that and when Red sat with Hitchin at the end, I'm really wondering if he got a seat on the table. I sooooo want to believe that Red is as loyal as we know him, that all he said and did wasn't just some kind of means to an end but honest. That he just wanted a seat to in the end bring them ALL down because the Cabal is still in play. I really am not sure anymore and I need somebody to make me believe again. AND then the promo for next week I'm so confused today. I feared that something like that could be happening but I never thought it would be addressed now?????????

But, the Red/Liz moment at the end. The feels! That was brilliant and one of my fav scenes for sure! Damn it, what if he really is her father? (Yeah, I know, he isn't but a girl can dream, right?)
Besides, she FINALLY thanked him on the phone!!!! It took her 2,5 seasons to finally do that!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 01-14-2016 at 11:32 PM
Old 01-15-2016, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Amazing episode - reminds me a bit of Mission Impossible but better!!

"Everyone loves apples" Loved that but held my breath when the director paused at the door as if he suspected something.

The team was incredible and worked together seamlessly. Have to say that I love Ressler so much. His loyalty to Liz is epic.

I didn't expect the director to get thrown out of the plane but cheered when that happened.

I hate that Hitchin got off without a scratch but have a feeling she will have to mind her actions for quite awhile. Also Red will not let her breathe easily and I'm sure eventually she will fall from grace.

At first I was put off that Liz would no longer be an agent but then decided she would be way more effective working with Red without the constraints of the FBI. Not that it ever stopped her in the end but now she can do so with a clear conscience.

This is how the final scene left me.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 01-15-2016, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great Episode again! It was thrilling, if Liz gets free in this episode, but it was clear that she won't be killed. But how Red dealt with Hitchin was great, his relaxing way to do this is just unique. He was sitting there like he has no doubts and then his badass character. Just lovin those scenes! And of course great perfomance by James Spader again. The plan was also so clever!
I'm a bit sad that the Director died, of course he deserved it, but he was a great villain.

It was sad that there weren't so many Tom, Samar and Aram scenes. Because I liked the scenes when the team was working together to kidnap the Director.

I don't like Ressler so much. I haven't forgiven him that he didn't trusted Liz in the beginning. So I did't like those scnenes between him and Liz so much. I would have liked to see scenes between Tom and Liz. But I really wanna know what's exactly written on the paper, she gave to Ressler.

The conversations and the end scene between Red and Liz were awesome. You saw how relieved she was when she was free and then how happy she was when she saw that Red was there to pick her up. The hugging...<3
But now I wanna know what's the connection between them. I'm waiting for that since the first episode and the Direction made some allusions again. But I'm trusting Red that he is loyal and the meeting between him and Hitchin is just a part of another plan. But I'm also a bit confused.
So hopefully w'll get to know more about that in the next episode. And I'd like to see more scenes with all the characters together again and new teams, so I like that Liz is finally working again with Red, perhaps Samar will work with them, too.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Addicted Fan

The episode was great! And like @Lauren said it, it was so smooth.

At the beggining, when Red assembled his team, it reminded me of Oceans Eleven. Reds Eleven! Of course, in every episode I need to say that the monologues are amazing and Spaders delivery is amazing.

Liz frustrated me little bit with the whole "I can't be a FBI agent again", gimme a break, you're almost charged with 16(!!!) murders, appreciate the freedom for now.

Hitchin's a bitch, I hate her so much. What happens now with Solomon?
I don't know what to think of Red, now he wants in the Cabal, whaaaat. It could be that he wants to destroy them, but that would be so lame, if they let him in and at the end he destroys them, then they are bunch of idiots that they believed in the first place that he wants to help them... And the promo for the next one I watched three times, didn't understand it at first, so Red is not Red?

Reds plan finally made sense, that was good, that was so not cool that they throw The Director out of the plane, who will pay the damage to the those Dutch?
Old 01-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn37 (View Post)
I don't like Ressler so much. I haven't forgiven him that he didn't trusted Liz in the beginning.
Ressler has always believed that Liz is innocent of the terrorism charges. In 3x05, Ressler testified in front the Presidential Commission that he believes that she is innocent of all charges and will be exonerated if given a fair trial. The bone of contention for him had been the murder of Connelly which she actually was guilty of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
First of all, the way they exonerated Liz was amazing and I'm beyond happy that she had to face the consequences for shooting Connolly! Yes, I believe in TPTB again after this. I couldn't be more satisfied!
I agree with you so much. This is exactly what I wanted too. For Liz to actually be held responsible for what she had done. I never thought the TPTB would really deliver!!!

Quote:
Okay, so let's start from the beginning... Red's team was awesome But what I expected, Red would never directly work with Tom. I think nothing has changed since about their relationship. Still, Aram, Samar, Dembe, Marvin, Mr. Kaplan, that guy without a name (or did I just miss it) and Red being there. I loved that.
I loved how everyone had a part to play.
Red was Red coming up with his fiendishly clever plans and making Byzantine deals. "Everyone likes apples." lol
Mr.Kaplan is always so awesome and I really believe she is the only person who scares Red a little.
Cooper had so much to do this season, ignoring his marital drama of course. He works better out of the office.
Samar was a badass as usual and she really is fantastic in covert ops - I readily believe she used to be a Israeli spy. She's always so cool and calm.
Aram didn't have as much to do in this episode and he was bit too clueless for me during the setup of the floor-switching scene for me. Am I to believe he has never seen one heist movie ever?
Marvin's part in the plan finally made sense. But I'm not sure that his part was so important that he needed to be broken out of jail.
Dembe had only one spoken line and that made me sad.
Nice catch about Red never directly dealing with Tom. That is very consistent charactersation. But I loved the little phonecall between Tom and Ressler.

Quote:
Ressler and Liz were great together again I loved their scenes together so much and he did a fantastic job! Keeping a hold of Liz's will and then giving it to her again... I would have loved to know what her will exactly would have been. I'm sure Ressler doesn't know, didn't take a peek. What do you think?
This is our boyscout we are talking about. Fine upstanding gentleman that he is, he would never have taken a peek.
And do you remember the talk we had about Ressler's intention regarding Cooper? I am so happy that Ressler didn't even blink before handing command back to Cooper. He never had any intention of taking Cooper's job. All he wants is to work on the task force with Liz.

I loved the little scene with Ressler's jacket. He gave her his jacket to sleep on while he remained seated all night in his shirtsleeves keeping watch over her.

Quote:
Liz being an asset now I really love that, too... It's strange at first, I know but it will barely change anything. I'm wondering if she'll be less in the post office from now on.
I'm looking forward to the new dynamics at the Post Office. Ressler is going to need a new partner. Can Liz be that partner or is Samar going to come back to that position?

Quote:
And now to what's making me really sad and scares me like hell... What the Director said to Red about who he is to Liz and why he did what he did Damn it, I honestly have never doubted Red, I never lost hope in him but when the Director said that and when Red sat with Hitchin at the end, I'm really wondering if he got a seat on the table.
I've never doubted that Red has Liz's best interest at heart and still don't. Now I don't always agree with his actions (Sam's death for instance.) but I'm sure he's infiltrating the Cabal to take them down.

Quote:
But, the Red/Liz moment at the end. The feels! That was brilliant and one of my fav scenes for sure! Damn it, what if he really is her father? (Yeah, I know, he isn't but a girl can dream, right?)
Besides, she FINALLY thanked him on the phone!!!! It took her 2,5 seasons to finally do that!!!!!!!
The last scene was beautiful. And no offense to Lizzington fans but, IMHO, it did look like a father embracing his daughter. Very touching. And the unbridled joy on Liz's face!
I kinda thought she was thanking bother Red and Ressler at the same time. She was on the phone but her eyes were on Ressler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)

The team was incredible and worked together seamlessly. Have to say that I love Ressler so much. His loyalty to Liz is epic.
I especially love how he would die for he but still tells her the truth. He never hid how he feels about her murder of an unarmed man but he still didn't flinch from putting his body between a bullet and Liz.

Quote:
Liz frustrated me little bit with the whole "I can't be a FBI agent again", gimme a break, you're almost charged with 16(!!!) murders, appreciate the freedom for now.
Liz has always been a bit self-centered and myopic when it came to her own pain. But at least she has now learned enough to be thankful to her friends. That's progress in my books.

I found it hilarious that in the midst of this mayhem, that reporter found the time ask Ressler out on a date. Lady, can't you see that he's a bit busy?
Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What an amazing episode! I loved it so much but I am so glad it's all over now and that Liz got exonerated! Now everybody knows that she didn't do anything. Well besides killing Connolly of course. It is good that she kind of has to face consequences for what she did but I am beyond happy that she doesn't have to go to jail!

Ressler and Liz! I loved them so much. He really did keep his promise to keep her safe! It was so amazing that he never left her! And the way he protected her from the gun. He would catch a bullet for her. I truly believe that.

That hug between Red and Liz!! and she FINALLY said thank you! I never thought that I would hear that out of her mouth.

Red's team was freaking awesome! Dembe, Mr. Kaplan, Aram, Samar, Marvin and Baz! Go team Red!

There is just one thing that I don't understand. What was up with Red and Hitchin's meeting? Her telling him that he brought down the Cabal, to rise it up and earn a seat? That could not be Red's endgame right? That would break my heart if it were.

And Cooper is back as the boss! Although I have to say that I am going miss Ressler as the AD, I am glad that Cooper is back so that Ressler can do what he is best at.

Red mentioned the Netherlands a lot of the plane when he was with The Director! And I as a Dutchie of course have to address that. That "Dutch" family was very fake! The Dutch coming from the tv was really good but that Dutch that the people spoke.. that is the way that American's speak Dutch. But nonetheless I loved the references to The Netherlands. and the scenes between Red and The Director were awesome! I knew that Red wasn't going to let The Director live and I have to tell you that I am glad that Red got rid of him. Now the only thing is that we are never going to find out how the Director knew what Red is to Liz and what she is to him. And I need to know that. So badly!

Quote:

His name is Baz. I finally caught him name!

Quote:
And now to what's making me really sad and scares me like hell... What the Director said to Red about who he is to Liz and why he did what he did Damn it, I honestly have never doubted Red, I never lost hope in him but when the Director said that and when Red sat with Hitchin at the end, I'm really wondering if he got a seat on the table. I sooooo want to believe that Red is as loyal as we know him, that all he said and did wasn't just some kind of means to an end but honest. That he just wanted a seat to in the end bring them ALL down because the Cabal is still in play. I really am not sure anymore and I need somebody to make me believe again. AND then the promo for next week I'm so confused today. I feared that something like that could be happening but I never thought it would be addressed now?????????
That is what scares the hell out of me too. I always trusted Red. How weird that even sounds because he is a criminal but I trust him but now with what the Director said and next weeks promo (which I don't get btw but whatever). What is going on?!

Last edited by Miranda; 01-15-2016 at 02:19 PM
Old 01-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

FINALLY!!!! The Director bit the big one!! hahaha! That makes me happy! LOL! I've been waiting for him to die since the first moment he locked horns with Red!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I hate that Hitchin got off without a scratch but have a feeling she will have to mind her actions for quite awhile. Also Red will not let her breathe easily and I'm sure eventually she will fall from grace.
I really hope you're right because seriously, seeing her getting away without suffering any consequences... Man, that so sucks and it's even more horrible that Red sat there at the end, but his look, the expression on his face spoke volumes! I at first doubted him and his motives but that look and everything he did and said, he saved Lizzie when she still was a little girl, he even gave Aram that incredible Thank You speech... Why would he do all of that if Lizzie was just a means to an end? No, I'm back on trusting Red.

On another not, did anybody realize that when Liz was released finally she didn't know where to go? She didn't even have an apartment at the motel anymore. There really was no place and this somehow got to me when I re-watched that final scene with Red today. She wouldn't have known were to go but there he was and that smile, damn it, that smile! Every time when I watch that moment I smile as well and get tears in my eyes like she did.

Quote:
At first I was put off that Liz would no longer be an agent but then decided she would be way more effective working with Red without the constraints of the FBI. Not that it ever stopped her in the end but now she can do so with a clear conscience.
I loved it right away! Exactly what I hoped for because she couldn't go back... Not after what she did! I just wish they'd work through why she shot Connolly in the first place.

Quote:
Great Episode again! It was thrilling, if Liz gets free in this episode, but it was clear that she won't be killed. But how Red dealt with Hitchin was great, his relaxing way to do this is just unique. He was sitting there like he has no doubts and then his badass character. Just lovin those scenes! And of course great perfomance by James Spader again. The plan was also so clever!
I'm a bit sad that the Director died, of course he deserved it, but he was a great villain.
Amen to all of that! I loved it so much as well. It was a fantastic plan and so brilliant! And it worked, damn it! It worked!!!!

Quote:
At the beggining, when Red assembled his team, it reminded me of Oceans Eleven. Reds Eleven! Of course, in every episode I need to say that the monologues are amazing and Spaders delivery is amazing.
I'm all with you I was reminded of that movie as well! And yes, James is simply brilliant. He always was and always will be the best on the show for me. With him it stands and falls for me... But the others have gotten soooo much better over the years and I loved everybody's performance sooo much! You can see how much they have all grown. Really everybody

Quote:
That frustrated me as well and I was like 'Seriously? What did you expect????'. Especially since she said she was ready to take responsibility for what she's done and then she says something like that on the phone and I#m like

Quote:
I don't know what to think of Red, now he wants in the Cabal, whaaaat. It could be that he wants to destroy them, but that would be so lame, if they let him in and at the end he destroys them, then they are bunch of idiots that they believed in the first place that he wants to help them... And the promo for the next one I watched three times, didn't understand it at first, so Red is not Red?
I think Red wanting to destroy it is too easy... What if he is seeking answers to questions we haven't even thought of? And he might only be able to get these when he climbs ranks in the Cabal? Or who knows... I really have no idea.

And about the promo, I love that the theory that Red might not be Raymond Reddington will be the topic of next week's episode! That was still a theory that I hadn't ruled out for myself and now it's addressed!

Quote:
Marvin's part in the plan finally made sense. But I'm not sure that his part was so important that he needed to be broken out of jail.
I think he was because he discovered the information about the Cabal being involved in that business that happened and which Venezuela wanted to bring him to justice for! And he knew how to do it and to get the Cabal to work out the deal and he was the one judging the deal. He had to prepare all of it and make sure there are no flaws on how they could somehow put Liz on trail nevertheless.

Quote:
Samar was a badass as usual and she really is fantastic in covert ops - I readily believe she used to be a Israeli spy. She's always so cool and calm.
Same here. I can see it being the case as well... But we'll see, right? One day we'll know.

Quote:
This is our boyscout we are talking about. Fine upstanding gentleman that he is, he would never have taken a peek.
And do you remember the talk we had about Ressler's intention regarding Cooper? I am so happy that Ressler didn't even blink before handing command back to Cooper. He never had any intention of taking Cooper's job. All he wants is to work on the task force with Liz.
Yes, I recall that Although I don't agree that he wanted specifically work together with Liz but in general I think it suits him better and he realized that as well. That's what he wants to do. Not sit in an office and do paper work but be out in the field, protect innocent and catch criminals.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the new dynamics at the Post Office. Ressler is going to need a new partner. Can Liz be that partner or is Samar going to come back to that position?
I think Samar will be back... It's Cooper's decision, right? And he has hired her once, he'll bring her back in again I think. But we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
The last scene was beautiful. And no offense to Lizzington fans but, IMHO, it did look like a father embracing his daughter. Very touching. And the unbridled joy on Liz's face!
I think it funny that all make it always about it being paternal or Lizzington. For me it doesn't matter what it is as long as they are together somehow in the end. I think they can't live without the other anymore and care very deeply about each other. So no matter what it'll be in the end, they'll always be there and together in a way. But I somehow think I'm some kind of a unicorn when it comes to Red and Liz and being okay with both. I heard nobody else ever say something like that
They just have the greatest relationship in the show for me and that will for sure never change for me.

Quote:
I found it hilarious that in the midst of this mayhem, that reporter found the time ask Ressler out on a date. Lady, can't you see that he's a bit busy?
Everybody seems to be interested in Ressler these days, huh?

Quote:
Red mentioned the Netherlands a lot of the plane when he was with The Director! And I as a Dutchie of course have to address that. That "Dutch" family was very fake! The Dutch coming from the tv was really good but that Dutch that the people spoke.. that is the way that American's speak Dutch. But nonetheless I loved the references to The Netherlands. and the scenes between Red and The Director were awesome! I knew that Red wasn't going to let The Director live and I have to tell you that I am glad that Red got rid of him. Now the only thing is that we are never going to find out how the Director knew what Red is to Liz and what she is to him. And I need to know that. So badly!
I didn't even get at first that it was a Dutch family But yes, the Netherlands they were referring to a lot but tbh, I didn't get one thing about it when I first watched the episode. It again was sooo much information. Anybody wants to be so nice to sum it up for me?

Quote:
His name is Baz. I finally caught him name!
So funny because that name was used for him in fanfiction a lot but I really thought they thought of the name by themselves Obviously they didn't.

Quote:
FINALLY!!!! The Director bit the big one!! hahaha! That makes me happy! LOL! I've been waiting for him to die since the first moment he locked horns with Red!!!
Tari, great to see you that happy about it. And the way he had to die I'm surprised you could recognize him at all after he was kicked out of a plane But you could tell who he is still...
Old 01-17-2016, 06:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I just think this ep. could be series finale.The End.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
I just think this ep. could be series finale.The End.
If they bringed down The Cabal, and if that was supposed to mean that that was the plan of Red from the start... Then ok, because we probably never learn why Red choosed Liz, what are they connections etc.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Tari, great to see you that happy about it. And the way he had to die I'm surprised you could recognize him at all after he was kicked out of a plane But you could tell who he is still...

Red did say the plane was descending.... so he probably worked it out that they could kick him out of the plane at the right altitude and still have his body recognizable. Who knows! LOL! All that matters is the director is DEAD!! Haha!! That's what he gets for going up against Raymond Reddington!