Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

3x08: "KINGS OF THE HIGHWAY" Episode Discussion Thread (11/19/15 @ 9PM)

3x08 | Kings of the Highway
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
Red and Liz are unexpectedly separated from each other when Red falls into a dangerous situation. Samar makes a risky decision to help Liz while Tom and Cooper continue on their expedition to exonerate Liz.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:41 AM
Old 11-18-2015, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris. Can't wait to see the episode!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

The promo looks so stunning and I really can't wait which shocker they'll deliver on us and which cliffhanger they keep dealing us with over the hiatus
Old 11-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am really curious for that shocker as well. Could it have something to do with Liz's mother?
Old 11-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh gosh.... part of me CAN'T WAIT for this episode, and part of me wants to put it off as long as possible because after tonight, no more Blacklist for like 7 weeks!

Red & Liz getting separated from each other.... I don't like that one bit! I wonder if this Winter Finale will mark the end of Red & Liz being on the run.... I'm really enjoying it, I could totally go the rest of the season with them still on the run
Old 11-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I am really curious for that shocker as well. Could it have something to do with Liz's mother?
Miranda, not sure if it'll have to do something with her mom... I doubt it somehow.

Quote:
Oh gosh.... part of me CAN'T WAIT for this episode, and part of me wants to put it off as long as possible because after tonight, no more Blacklist for like 7 weeks!
You made the maths already, too, Randi? Same here... Seven weeks sounds extremely long!

And I'm so with you about the fact that I like them on the run!!!

x
Old 11-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy the episode tonight everybody!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, will you be able to watch it tomorrow in the morning? Or do you have to work?
Old 11-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to work. So I am going to watch it as soon as I get home cause I am going to visit my old neighbours later in the evening with my dad so I won't have much time to watch it.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I have to work. So I am going to watch it as soon as I get home cause I am going to visit my old neighbours later in the evening with my dad so I won't have much time to watch it.
OMFG, really??? So I have to keep quiet the whole day... Oh man, this will be super hard on me but I'll do that. Should you get spoiled about anything like last week, just text me, okay? So I know what I don't have to keep quiet about anymore.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Speaking of spoiling, my Dad is a huge fan of The Blacklist too and we always talk about it and the Thursday after the episode where Solomon caught Red & Liz he called me at 10pm my time zone (he lives in Toronto, I live in Vancouver so he is 3hrs ahead of me) so it was like 1am his time so I immediately answered the phone panicking thinking something was wrong and when I asked him if everything was OK he said "yeah.... Did you watch the Blacklist?!" I was like "oh my god Dad you gave me a heart attack, I thought someone died!" He said he wanted to wait until 10pm my time so he didn't spoil anything What a guy!

I told him I actually have the time shift channels so I can watch it at the same time as him
And he called me last night to tell me he has to work late tonight so I'm not allowed to talk about the episode with him until Friday night lol. I love that my Dad gets as hyped up about this show as I do. We don't always agree though... We were talking yesterday about how MB is pregnant in real life and he said it could be really cool if they worked it into the show and Liz was pregnant with Toms baby and I was just like "No Dad.... No"
Old 11-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Hahahahaha.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Randi, how cool is that??? Your dad is such a fan of TBL as well? Pretty awesome. But him hoping for a baby from Tom??? Nooo!!!!

Okay, but back on topic. I just saw tonights episode and everything I have to say is underwhelming. Nothing special for me, the supposed to be midseason finale didn't feel like a finale but a really weak episode of the show. Oh man, that's so bad.

Aram, Samar and Ressler... yeah, nothing to say apparently.

Liz getting caught So stupid... Of her and of Ressler. He will never be able to protect her, that's fact.

Cooper/Charlene, don't even get me started with that...

Tom was pretty cool this episode, I actually liked him. A lot better than the rest.

The blacklisters were just getting on my nerves.

Reven dead, it's really sad since I really loved her. Poor woman. But now we at least know that Hitchin is part of the Cabal, as we suspected the whole time.

The only thing I liked was that once Red was being caught without even seeing it coming by those KotH. Finally once a plan going wrong, the whole big one. That's what I wanted to see, right? And Liz going after him no matter what the cost. She even sacrificed her freedom for him. Finally something from her that shows us that she does care and that she for sure is thankful for all he has done. A ray of light...
Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Rollo Tomasi!!! Tommy Markin is Ressler's Rollo Tomasi.

Quote:
Okay, but back on topic. I just saw tonights episode and everything I have to say is underwhelming. Nothing special for me, the supposed to be midseason finale didn't feel like a finale but a really weak episode of the show. Oh man, that's so bad.
I totally see where you're coming from and at first I was kind of underwhelmed too. But as I think more about it, I like it. It had a lot of good moments. It was more of a getting-pieces-in-place kind of episode and I am okay with it.

For one thing, Liz finally had a lot to do. She saved Reddington and even sacrificed her own freedom for him. As Kris already said, it was so nice to see that she cares for another person whose name is not Tom. At the very least we can be kinda sure that she is not pregnant after the whole drinking in the bar and no holds barred fight with that tow truck guy.

The whole Samar-Ressler hookup also makes sense now. She had to be at his apartment for the whole Ressler finding Liz plotline to happen. And I got to see the insides of Ressler's bedroom. I also liked how the Ressler-Samar-Aram was handled by showing that there was never a triangle to begin with. But Ressler shouldn't have sacked Samar. She was on his side when it counted. With Wright dead, now he has no one on his side but Aram who probably isn't particularly happy with his. And Aram has it bad for Samar. Poor guy. Finding out that the girl you love slept with your boss and then you're forced to be a part in her sacking.

I'm guessing now that Ressler is supposed to be Ed Exley from L.A Confidential. Exley was also my favorite character in L.A Confidential. An uptight, ambitious cop who was a stickler for the rules who finally had to break the law when he realized that was only way he could get justice. He also has a father who was killed in the line of duty. Exley came out on top at the end. I really hope Ressler also get a win at the end.

Ressler catching Liz was going to happen, sooner or later. I'm sure he genuinely believes that he can keep her safe and then exonerate her. Of course he will be proven wrong and I'm guessing he'll let her go himself in the end.

Tom managed to keep Karakurt safe for another day. I am still loving his little bromance with Cooper who didn't actually betray Ressler. I, like Ressler should have known that he wouldn't have. But for heaven's sake, was it necessary to make Charlene a cheater too? Every other woman on this show has been shown to be a cheater in some way. It's infuriating.

But in the end the episode did what I'm guessing the writers intended to do. All the pieces are in place for something big to happen. Can't wait to see how that goes.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Addicted Fan

So, the whole Ressler/Tom fight was totally unnecessary, not even that Cooper didn't tell him that they have Karakurt, he didn't even betray him, nice job TBL writers!!!
I kind of knew that Samar was an inside agent and she would help Red because he put her there...
So, I think Cooper wife is so boring and the whole cheating thing was also unnecessary and selfish from her, I like more the Cooper/Tom bromance as someone said it...

Aram/Ressler/Samar is SH-IT. I hate when that happens. Aram is in love with Samar, but she isn't in him. Samar sleep with Ressler, so Aram is angry at Samar so he betrays Liz for who he cares... and don't give me talk about protocols, Ressler didn't need to explain himself to him at ALL. Aram just stepping in that room knew that he will give him information, that protocol was just so he can feel good while he is betraying Liz because of his madness on Samar, I just hate when that happens in any show.

Just a ****ty mid-season finale for me, at least they give a good cliffhanger with Ressler catching Liz...
And what's with these people with just casually shooting? Red didn't need to shoot Jasper, he could just put him to "sleep" and walk out of that easy. We knew Hitchin is dirty, but she is casually shooting Reven... so either gun shots are silent or she is living on a island and her closest neighbors are miles away..

So, basically Ressler is bringing Liz in a cage, knowing that Solomon and the Director is dirty, but not Hitchin... I wonder even how they will explain Reven dying...

So, with basically that care-package lost, I think Red will turn to Cooper and Tom to make up a plan.

Last edited by believer14; 11-20-2015 at 07:17 AM