Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2015, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

2x20: "QUON ZHANG" Episode Discussion Thread (04/30/15 @ 9PM)

2x20 | Quan Zhang
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
After decoding the information that is embedded in The Fulcrum, Red is determined to stop the imminent threat. Meanwhile, the task force discovers that deceased bodies of Chinese-American women are being smuggled out of the country under false identities. Liz continues to search for answers about her past after discovering a picture hidden in Red's secret flat.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:23 AM
Old 04-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this! I can't wait to see the episode.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait either!!! I'm so super excited... And afraid somehow as well
Old 04-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for getting this started Kris

I can't wait to see the ep
Old 04-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for getting this started Kris!

Enjoy the new ep tonight everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy TBL day to all of you that are living in the US! For me it'll be tomorrow...

I'm really curious if the promo again was misleading for this episode.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Blacklist Thursday! Hope everyone will enjoy the episode. I am going to be watching first thing in the morning.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

You, too, Miranda?! Me, too! That's awesome! I can't wait to discuss it with you tomorrow!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

only a little over 4 hours until show time!! Really hope I can watch it tonight
Old 04-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw the episode and I'm kind of depressed right now... Will post some more later on, but not now. I think at the end of the episode Red realized that he's starting to lose Liz if not lost her already... It so sucks! It's his fault, I know but still. Come on, that guy? I swear that I really think it disgusting. I'm sorry but I can't help it. His stupid attempt at the beginning with the boat, you must be kidding me!? No words, really...
Old 05-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just watched the episode and I am frustrated and confused. I just don't know.

I didn't really get the Blacklister and I thought he was just weird and didn't really know why Red handed him over to the FBI.

I am very glad we got to see Ressler and Liz together again. Although that last scene were Liz was standing in thre rain. She should have been standing there with someone else. Ressler and not Tom! I am so frustrated with Liz right now. She keeps changing her mind. She doesn't want to have anything to do with Tom, then she turns to him for help. Like what is that? Just make up your damn mind Liz! I am just gonna say more about them.

Samar - I liked that she got way more screentime. Finally! I am so glad Samar didn't shoot Dembe for real! I let out a breath there. For a brief moment I was getting angry at her when she told Jasper that she has been gaining Red and the Task Force trust for the past 9 months. I was like; are you for real? or a you just saying this? So I was glad that is was all a lie. At least I hope it is all a lie and that is a not working for the Director.

Cooper - Finally he sees what Connolly is up too! And I'm was so happy that he didn't want to go along with the whole story. He should have never told Charlene what was happening cause now she leaked things to the press! I know that she did it because she loves Cooper and wants him to be well but I don't think this is the way to do it. I wonder what Connolly and the Cabal are gonna ask from him next.

Red and Liz - Of course he knew she has been in his flat! Figured. And of course he has cameras in there! I knew it was Liz and her mother on the picture in his appartment!I never expected him to tell Liz about her mother! So guess we were somewhat right after all that Liz's mother was some kind of a bad guy. Since she was working for the KGB. I just wonder why he keeps giving her half truths. He told her about her mother, why not spill the rest?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, I really feel you... Although it might be some different reason why we are frustrated but it's all caused by the same two people, Tom and Liz.

Since I can't even begin with how much I hate Tom I won't say anything about him or even Liz. I'm so done with it. Go, take the boat, be happy but never show on my screen again, okay? Thank you very much.

It was nice to see Ressler working with Liz again although it really didn't feel like anything special to me. It was just a means to an end, no deeper conversations or whatever going on. Nothing. It was all just business. Why the hell did she drink that bottle of wine with him in the first place?! She should have kept it for Tom *sarcasm*

Samar was great in the episode. I'm glad that she and Dembe are still loyal to Red. I love her, really. She's growing on me. It's just sad that we don't get any background on her.

Wow, the Cooper storyline... That was intense and wow, Charlene?! WTH! Cooper should have know that she'd do it, I'm just wondering where she got the information from? The ones she leaked I mean Did I miss something?

Miranda, the Blacklister was really important because Red gave it to them because he knew that something was going on between him and the Cabal. And in the end we got to know what it is and with help of the promo for next weeks episode we can fully figure it out. They brought Karakurt into the country in the attempt to get Liz killed I think, to destroy her now that she knows about the Fulcrum.

I really would have been surprised if Red didn't have surveillance in his secret flat But why did Dembe tell her that Red must never find out about it? Didn't Dembe know there was a camera in there?
But the way she blackmailed him, priceless. THAT I really loved. But that was it with it... It's her mother, what a surprise and like I assumed she's been working for an intelligence, for the KGB even. Nice. And I have a new theory about Red and Liz now.
And wow, was I the only one who wanted to slap Liz when she suggested that Red killed her father because Red was in love with her mother? Really? Come on! How far can she still go?
Old 05-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Miranda, I really feel you... Although it might be some different reason why we are frustrated but it's all caused by the same two people, Tom and Liz.

Since I can't even begin with how much I hate Tom I won't say anything about him or even Liz. I'm so done with it. Go, take the boat, be happy but never show on my screen again, okay? Thank you very much.
I don't hate Tom. I don't want to see him go but I just don't want him hanging around Liz and "helping" her. I want her to see that she can do things on her own. That she doesn't him.

Quote:
It was nice to see Ressler working with Liz again although it really didn't feel like anything special to me. It was just a means to an end, no deeper conversations or whatever going on. Nothing. It was all just business. Why the hell did she drink that bottle of wine with him in the first place?! She should have kept it for Tom *sarcasm*
It wasn't anything special I know. I was just happy to see that they were working together again.

Quote:
Wow, the Cooper storyline... That was intense and wow, Charlene?! WTH! Cooper should have know that she'd do it, I'm just wondering where she got the information from? The ones she leaked I mean Did I miss something?
Didn't he tell her when they were in the car? What Connolly asked him to leak? I'm going to rewatch that scene.

ETA: Charlene asked him what kind of information and he said it was classified. So I don't know how she knew what to leak. You think she went to Connolly behind Cooper's back?
Quote:
Miranda, the Blacklister was really important because Red gave it to them because he knew that something was going on between him and the Cabal. And in the end we got to know what it is and with help of the promo for next weeks episode we can fully figure it out. They brought Karakurt into the country in the attempt to get Liz killed I think, to destroy her now that she knows about the Fulcrum.
Okay I see that I didn't pay full attention during that cause I didn't know that he was the one that brought Karakurt to the county. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Quote:
I really would have been surprised if Red didn't have surveillance in his secret flat But why did Dembe tell her that Red must never find out about it? Didn't Dembe know there was a camera in there?
But the way she blackmailed him, priceless. THAT I really loved. But that was it with it... It's her mother, what a surprise and like I assumed she's been working for an intelligence, for the KGB even. Nice. And I have a new theory about Red and Liz now.
And wow, was I the only one who wanted to slap Liz when she suggested that Red killed her father because Red was in love with her mother? Really? Come on! How far can she still go?

I think Dembe knew that Red had cameras in his flat. I think he ony told Liz that Red could never know because he was supposed to say that? So that Liz wouldn't get supicious of anything?

What is your new theory about Red and Liz? I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

So glad to hear you guys thoughts on everything. Mine are very similar.

I don't know what the writers are thinking with the Tom thing. Liz showing up at the end in the rain was just Like seriously, girl? You go to him to comfort you? He has his own agenda too. The only person in your life without an agenda right now is Ressler! Mostly because not even the writers know what he's up to ((sarcasm)) I really hope they are planning Tom's dramatic exit from her life at the season finale but I doubt it. Not the way they're hyping them up.

I LOVED Samar in this episode. Mozhan is a wonderful actress! She had me completely fooled and I was yelling at my screen NOOOOO don't make her a traitor!! When she pulled up to Red and Dembe at the house, I was so relieved. And Red's comment to her He has an obvious thing for her. I don't blame him... she's damn good.

Of course it was nice seeing Ressler (and his athletic jump on the table) but I feel like they just gave him lines to appease us viewers who are fans. He's still not central to anything that is going on with the show. And his half attempt to ask Liz about her meeting with Red was pointless. I don't even know why they threw that in there. To show they still talk maybe? Still are partners?? Whatever... I'm over the writers disregarding him.

Cooper/Connelly is a great storyline and I feel bad for him. His wife has shown before that she's willing to do whatever it takes to keep him alive so I don't know why he wouldn't think she would go behind his back. I hope it doesn't backfire on her or him.

And lastly Red/Liz. My heart ached for Red. I love his character so much and I could feel the despair when he didn't tell her about how he knows her mother and what actually happened. It has to be so extreme and so horrible and I'm sick and tired of Liz being a rebellious and hateful teenager. When she trashed his apartment I wanted to drop kick her. Red is keeping you safe girl. Wake Up!!
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 05-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tom flirting with liz!! liz protecting tom!! THAT HUG!!! i feel so vindicated.