Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am sorry but I don't agree that Sam wanted Red to kill him at that moment. Sam knew that Liz was coming for a visit and he wanted to see Liz one last time. The only reason that Red choose to kill Sam at that moment was because Sam wanted to tell Liz the truth. That's why Red had to make sure that Sam died BEFORE Liz's plane landed. It wasn't a mercy a kill - it was to keep Red's secrets secret!

I could agree that it was a mercy kill to keep Sam from suffering if Red would have waited a few more hours and allowed Liz and Sam to say goodbye in person.

There is just NO WAY IN HELL that Sam would want to be murdered by Red (or given a mercy kill to keep him from suffering) less than 2 hours before he could say goodbye to his daughter in person.

I think the reason the why I see it so different is because I have kids. A parent would NEVER give up the opportunity to see their kids in person one last time before they passed on.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let the re-watch for this one begin

Quote:
I am sorry but I don't agree that Sam wanted Red to kill him at that moment. Sam knew that Liz was coming for a visit and he wanted to see Liz one last time. The only reason that Red choose to kill Sam at that moment was because Sam wanted to tell Liz the truth. That's why Red had to make sure that Sam died BEFORE Liz's plane landed. It wasn't a mercy a kill - it was to keep Red's secrets secret!
Amy, at this point we definitely disagree But that's okay, because like you said not too long ago, that's exactly the answer I expected from you
And as far as I remember you don't recall that much of the episodes, right? Red offered Lizzie his private jet several times, he even told her right away to visit Sam... Long before Red went there. She didn't go because she thought her job more important, she didn't even know that it was so serious with Sam's disease because he didn't tell her. Red pressed and she refused to go there.
And Sam's nod right before. He could have told Lizzie while he was calling her to say goodbye, but he didn't.

I'm sure that part of it was to keep the secret as well. Sam was well aware of that and that it might protect his child. Even Red admitted that he wanted to prevent her from knowing the truth. But that was only a small part of the reason why he did it.

ETA - I re-watched the episode and wow, it was as if I had watched it for the first time (I guess since I was so pissed when it aired about all the flashbacks ).

First of all, this time I totally watched the episode because I wanted to know and remember Lizzie's POV and I did and I liked it a lot because it's one of the few episodes that we get a glimpse of her thoughts and feelings... First of all she really believes Diane Fowler being the mole back in season 1... One point for her. And the judge asking her 'For whom?' and she didn't know. I guess that's still a big question in the show that needs to be answered.
What else I found really fascinating is that Lizzie believes all of the cases, the whole blacklist somehow is connected and has a bigger aim. I believe the same We got so much proof in this episode of things we're somehow speculate over.
It's also interesting that she at the beginning wasn't interested in their relationship but only in finding out what he knew about Tom. Do you think that's true?

And wow, I somehow never realized how difficult the situation for Harold was... He had no clue what she had told the judge and he can be glad that the judge didn't ask him on her mission on that boat because otherwise she would have been screwed Btw, does Cooper at some point find out the truth? I really don't recall.

Red for the first time meeting the Major on screen... Yeah, really interesting and you could see how pissed he was by that guy and that he really had problems to tame his anger.

The Dembe/Red conversation

The German stuff... Horrible, especially them speaking horrible or the license plates they were using on the cars. No license plate in Germany looks that way Bad re-search, really... That's something you just can google and will find right away I really don't like that.

The name of the Major being Bill... Nice one.

Man, I recall how we all were so afraid because she had told the judge about the Fulcrum and in the end he turned out to be none of the bad guys.

Oh, and Alecco... Idiot for blurting that shot out! I'm wondering what happened to the heart of his brother afterwards... I'm sure Red didn't let him get away with it.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 08-14-2015 at 01:05 PM
Old 08-15-2015, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am going to watch this one tomorrow night and then I will reply to your long post Kris.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really can't wait to hear what you say Especially since almost nobody seemed to like that episode
Old 08-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for getting this started Kris
Old 08-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome

I somehow think I remember you liking the episode a lot, Amy? Am I recalling it right?
Old 08-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched it and I tried to watch it from Liz's perspective this time but I still didn't really like it. I mean I liked the whole thing between Liz and the Judge but I didn't like the flashbacks.

Kris, about the Germans, even I could hear how lousy they spoke German. My prenounciation would even be better I think.

I never The Major's name was Bill. His last name is McCready.

I didn't think Cooper would have comitted perjury for Liz. Especially because he told her he wouldn't but I love that he did in the end. He really protects his people and especially Liz.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, I swear that I'll never like the flashbacks either It's just the most crappy episode of the show so far and I hope it was a one time thing.

I'm glad you could hear it, too... I'm really wondering why it's not possible for them to pronounce a few lines, a few words actually in a good German? They are actors and had they exercised their lines they should have been a lot better!

Pretty cool, Miranda, so it's Bill McCready then

Oh yes, Cooper was a surprise to me as well I'm really wondering on his motives. Why did he do it nevertheless? Because he cares for her? Because he trusts her?
Old 08-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

S E A S O N 2 R E - W A T C H

x

Since we're on Hiatus and since our show tends to give us more information than our brain can work through, it's time for our yearly re-watch!
This time it'll be season 2.

We'll continue with t w o episode a week, because otherwise we won't be able to finish the re-watch before the new season starts.

I'll set up a new episode each S u n d a y and T h u r s d a y, so enjoy this one for now and don't forget to discuss it with us!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I saw the episode and this one definitely is one of my least favorite ones. I can't begin to describe what the worst of it was... All of it simply

First of all, these flashbacks It was such a filler episode. It was annoying. The only interesting part of the flashbacks were Liz's opinion on all the stuff that has happened. It was the first time she voiced it all. You got a pretty good picture of where she stands there.

Tom's past... Here we learn that his name was Jacop Phelps (which we know now isn't his real name). That he was recruited by the Major when he still was really young and that Red had hired Tom in the first place. This knowledge was crushing the first time we learned about it. I still can't believe that Red did that. I know he never intended for it to end like it has, but it had.

And the Major stuff... Unbelievable that a diplomat from Malaysia is a former student of the Major

The Nazi stuff... Still not appealing at all.

Cooper lying under oath. Wow... I didn't expect this would happen and somehow I wish he hadn't. But at this point, there wasn't much he had (or believed) to lose anymore.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is seriously my least favorite episode of 2x15. I did not need all those flashbacks. I want flashbacks from things I haven't seen yet. Not from things that we saw a season before.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know exactly what you mean. This episode is just frustrating, nothing more...
Old 08-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

See we are coming to my least fave of the season. All these get me. I'm not interested at all. Maybe you could trick me and call this Major Red and I might want to watch it. I thought about lying and saying I watched but I haven't yet. Sigh. I'm going to though. Sometime.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

You need to watch it, Marilyn Because although it's really my least facorite, you'll survive. And no need to lie because if you really don't want to watch it, so be it. But keep in mind... This will mean you'll again miss some piece of the puzzle that I might know about
Old 08-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Darn it kris. Is there really a puzzle piece in the darn episode ? That's just mean to tell me that.

But seriously I am going to watch it. Just havent had a chance yet.