Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

2x14: "T. EARL KING VI" Episode Discussion Thread (03/05/15 @ 9PM)

2x14 | T. Earl King VI
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
REDDINGTON FALLS INTO HOSTILE TERRITORY WHEN HE ENCOUNTERS A DANGEROUS FAMILY - A former paramour involves Reddington in a deadly game with a wealthy, powerful family dynasty whose ill-begotten fortune was amassed from an underground auction of human and material contraband. Meanwhile, Tom takes on a new mission.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:15 AM
Old 03-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Amy! Can't wait to see the episode and Tom!! Unfortunately I am not able to watch it until Friday night!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh snap!!! Can't wait!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT, Amy

I really can't wait for tomorrow morning I saw three sneak peeks today and I'm not too happy with one of it at least... We'll see how it all turns out.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening this thread Amy!

Enjoy the new ep tonight everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now you are making me even more curious Kris!

Happy Blacklist Thursday everybody! Enjoy the episode!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

"I risked my life for you because I care about you. Deal with that."
Old 03-05-2015, 11:21 PM
New Fan

Wow. That last scene with Red & Lizzie was unexpected. Especially after all this time Red was trying so hard to be somehow in Lizzie's life and to be there to protect her etc..he tells her not to save him in the future? Unless I didn't understand what they were referring to.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure he meant that he didn't want her to risk herself for him again (either because he cares for her, or because she's too important as the key to the Fulcrum), but I don't think she took it that way...

BTW, what's with Tom? I know this thing in Germany is going to end up connecting back to Red somehow, but right now it's like he has his own show going.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I glad to see Liz finally realizing that the reason she gets so angry and upset with Red is because she does care about him. I think his conversation with her last week about not wanting him to have the Fulcrum because he might leave really struck a nerve. It seems she's been doing some soul searching

I love their scenes together and I love that he still told her not to do that again. I relate it back to him being a "guardian" over her. Although he cares and loves her, he doesn't ever want to be in the position of Liz losing her life to save him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
BTW, what's with Tom? I know this thing in Germany is going to end up connecting back to Red somehow, but right now it's like he has his own show going.
I have to say that I found Tom's return to be muddled and so underwhelming. The phone call between him and Liz was really odd. He lied and forged his way into her life and within seconds of him calling, she's smiling and giddy and getting advice from him on how to go undercover. Come on!!! Where is the strong willed Liz that doesn't take any crap from anyone anymore?? I have a feeling the writers are orchestrating a reunion between them and I am not happy about it.

Oh.. but I love kick a$$ and take names Cooper. And I'm glad we finally got to know what his illness is. I want his character to live so that trial better work.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG, the episode was so amazing again!

Red and Lizzie... Damn it, he went visiting her in her motel room and the apartment at the Audrey is still in play. I really hope she'll take his offer at some point, maybe at the end of season 2.
Then her going undercover, without back-up and everything that happens during the auction... Him bidding on himself was such a brilliant idea. And he did it to warn her and to save her.
When he told her that she did everything she could and that she had to leave, this broke my heart. Especially when she told him 'You could die' and the look on her face. Of course it was clear that she wouldn't leave without him. She came back and saved his life. For the first time she saved his life and his last thought was about Lizzie. I'm wondering if she heard him say her name.
But, the best of course was their last scene in the car. OMFG!!!!
"Wow, you are so damaged. You can't accept help from anyone. Has anyone ever helped you? ... Is that why you are the way you are, because you don't feel deserving of it? Is that why you can't be vulnerable for a second?" and
"I risked my life for you because I care about you. Deal with THAT."
My heart!!!!!

I was disappointed in the lack of Madeline Pratt in it though. I was expecting her being the one tricking him into believing that something had happened to her to get her hands on him... She did it for somebody else though but still. I wasn't so wrong.

The Blacklister... Hmm... No clue what to think about him. He was kind of harmless in comparison to the nuts people we got to know this season already. And I'm glad Red killed him! Way to go.

Cooper, don't even get me started with Cooper! First of all I loved him soooo much! The way he got that guy to talk was amazing. But him having an inoperable brain tumor Damn it, now we finally know...
And that stupid guy, who exactly was he? I guess I need to re-watch some scenes from the last episode because I thought this guy was just there for once and gone by now but no, there he is, asking Cooper for things to do in exchange for getting him into the clinical trail.
Somehow I was wondering if this guy was the one that we got to know in season ones "The Judge". I need to check that out.

ETA - I forgot about Tom. The phone call... No words. This one was one of the sneak peeks I saw yesterday and I swear I could have thrown something at my screen.
But it was so cool that they played a German song, a really famous, really old one called "Major Tom" and them speaking German so much. Damn it, it was really bad but still. I love their focus being on Germany. I think I know why they introduced him back in but won't say so because it might be considered spoilery.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw the episode so wow I got a lot to talk about.

SHE FINALLY GETS IT! OMG sorry I just had to put it in captions! but Liz finally gets its! She gets why Red is the way he is and she said she cared about him. I can't recall her ever saying that. She finally see that he does care about her that he didn't want her to get killed and that she didn't want him to get killed! That scene in the car between Red and Liz! My favorite Red/Liz scene ever! I really think this is the turning point in their relationship. I really hope that from now on their relationship will get better! I think maybe after this she will take the appartment from Red. I hope so at least cause I hate it that she lives in these crappy motels.

Cooper! It never came across that he could have a brain tumor. I was shocked even though I knew he was ill. But that scene in the interrogation room! I teared up. Best Cooper scene ever! He was so strong, so determined. I never thought we would find out what was wrong with him this way but I love the way they brought it.

Liz looked so stunning when she went undercover! I was really glad she was able to save that little boy. I think her darker side is slowly going away.

I was bummed there were no Aram/Samar or Ressler/Liz scenes but damn so much was going on. It was to bad we only got to see Madeline for a moment. I wish we could have seen more of her.

Those brothers though. How freakin' crazy were they. Playing Russian roulette and wanting to beat eachtother with everything they do. Talk about sibling rivalry.

and what about Tom you guys?! I love his hair cut! but wow what's up with the tattoo? What is he supposed to do in Germany? Obviously he needed to track down the guy that offered him a beer at the bar but why? His German though Kris! Do you think it was synchronized Kris? cause the first line he said in German didn't really sound like him. When he said his is "name" it sounded more like him.

Tom/Liz. I didn't think she would react so calm when he called her. She was actually kinda nice to him. I did not expect that. I liked how she picked up the sneezing from him though!
Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked this episode so much better than the last one!

Madeline is really a snake. Sure they are even now, but she never was in danger to get killed. Turning Red over to the King family though very well could get him killed. She of all people should know how worthy Red is.

Red was amazing in it.The way he spoke with the Kings was so great. Every other hostage was scarred of them but Red was just very calm and ironic. Once again there is a backstory for Red and the Blacklister. Did I understand it right, that Red tried to warn Earl about something (not sure what) and Earl didn't want to loose that much money and ignored him. Therefore he ended up in the wheelchair?

The kings family are still kind of sick in the way they stored their goods. Why putting that one guy into such a small cage while the other human goods where in this glass cages? Other than that they just were very eccentric.

I loved they way Liz acted while she was undercover. Of course the boy would caught her interest.

I wonder if Red was really whispering Lizzie because he thought he was going to die or because he knows Liz good enough to know that she would come back for him. Liz action wasn't that surprising and Red has always been good in figuring out what she's about to do.

What she said to him in the car was really powerful and I think very true as well. Not sure whether Red told her not to do it again because of how much he cares for her or because he thinks he isn't worth it. You see sometimes I think he would like to die, just to be over with everything.

Not sure what I should think about Tom. Going undercover is one thing, but getting real tattoos and Nazi ones at that? What is he going to do once the Job is finished? Covering the tattoos, lasering them off? Or does he think he won't get out of it? The look on his face at the end of the episode gave me a very bad feeling. I cringed when I heard them speak German. Well at least I understand what they were trying to say, most of the time anyway. The phone call also had such a "I'm saying goodbye to my role as Tom" feeling to it. Not sure if it is just because he knows he can't get back there and wants to officially finish it or because he really thinks he won't survive the new Job. I didn't had the feeling that Liz was giddy and smiling through it. She said clearly that she had a lot of problem because of him and her face really didn't look that happy. In fact she looked almost the same way when Earl King was kissing her hand. Very unconfortable.

Was Tom holed up in this appartment all the time since he left Red? Who is the guy who gave him that new Job. Is he Tom's real boss? And did I understand that right, that Tom usually picks Jobs were he plays the "boyfriend" of a woman?

That is it for this evening.

Do the right thing, do the right thing - Do it all the time, do it all the time - Make yourself right, never mind them - Don't you know you're not the only one suffering- They say it's nothing but that ain't the reality - They may take us on but they can never take us easy - TBL Task Force
Old 03-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Moderator Manager

I also liked this ep more than the cult one. It was a weird family especially with how they are auctioning off real people and the Russian Roulette with the brothers. But at least I see their point of why they are kidnapping high profile people. I'm disappointed that we only get to see a bit of Madeline Pratt in that ep. Yeah she was working for the King family and it was pay back time but they could have used her for more than one scene.

I like that Liz had to go undercover in this ep as we don't normally see FBI do that (if you ask me, I think they should do it from time to time). Megan looked beautiful in that outfit she wore as Ms. Sullivan. Can someone help me with that man who bought Red...he looks familiar and it looks to be that guy from the S2 premiere ep who Red scared off with the bomb. He was so happy to buy Red. The father died easily too (c/o Red) so it was very funny how it ended for him.

That scene in the car with Liz & Red is probably everyone's favorite scene: it was a very powerful scene (and probably the reason why Jon Bokenkamp said this is his favorite ep to date). It spoke volumes of their relationship and I'm actually relieved that Liz finally told Red what she's feeling towards him. The father-daughter theory is still in place after that scene. I can't with Red's face though, all choked up and I thought he was going to cry. Which reminds me, I thought that was the first time we've actually seen Red on the verge of tears.

I thought Liz/Tom scene ove the phone was anti-climactic. That really wasn't how I pictured Liz would deal with Tom after everything that happened. I'm not sure what he's doing in Germany and why he had to get all those tattoos. Does Red know he's in Germany? I did enjoy that fight scene in the end. It was awesome. I'm curious now and I reckon we'll get another Tom scene in the next ep.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I haven't read anyone else's responses yet. I will do that tomorrow

I really enjoyed this ep. I love that Liz and the team went after Red. And I especially love the Liz went after Red and risked her life to save him And then she admitted to caring about him All in all an amazing Liz/Red ep

I also love that Tom called Liz. I think it's pretty clear by his reaction when Lance Henrickson (sorry can't remember the character's name only the actor) character asked him about Liz and the phone call he made to Liz that he really does love her and care about her. He needs to go deep undercover to lose himself to cope with not being with Liz. I really enjoyed that as well. It's nice to know that Tom did actually care about her.

I like Cooper's new attitude as well. I love that he's willing to do what's necessary regardless of rules and protocols to make sure his people remain safe. I don't like the fact that he has brain cancer though And I don't like the fact that the guy who "helped" him by getting him into that trial is blackmailing him into doing illegal stuff that part kind of sucked. I don't like people who do crap like that. So now we have to wonder - what is this trial to help his condition going to cost Cooper in the long run.