Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

2x07: "THE SCIMITAR" Episode Discussion Thread (11/03/14 @ 10PM)

2x07 | The Scimitar
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
A CUNNING HITMAN KNOWN AS "THE SCIMITAR" TARGETS A VALUABLE SCIENTIST – When an Iranian nuclear scientist is suspiciously assassinated, a revenge ploy begins against a valued American. Red informs agents Keen and Navabi that a dangerously conniving hitman "The Scimitar" has been sent to the job. Liz and Ressler find themselves in a tricky predicament as they investigate a surveillance lead. Agent Keen attempts to gather information on Berlin, while Red finds company with a woman working at a food truck.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:01 AM
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Once Red drugged the girl I KNEW IT! This was an awesome episdoe!! Gonna watch it again later! LOL!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

So I totally forgot it was Monday....

Thank goodness I remembered in time to watch. This episode was a step up for me from the last few.

- I knew the hospital twist, it just seemed a bit fishy from the start. But I also liked it. Kinda a nice little surprise at the half.

- I kinda can't believe Red actually drugged "the girl" It's always good to be reminded of that fact that Red is not a good guy.

I did like getting to see a peek at Samar's former life and kinda that grey area she has to live in. There's kinda an NCIS vibe going on here. But that's okay because I think that she's an interesting enough character.

Plus it was kinda cool to be reminded that Samar and Red kinda know each other. I just wish we had more Red and Liz but I'll take what I can get.

The way they played the drug angle with Ressler was good tonight.

So was the music!

And Tom... I was hoping for more focus on this part of the story. Ryan was good in his two scenes and I liked what Tom had to say about her living with killing him and their connection. (Oh shippy feels) Liz isn't gonna kill him. But I'm also not sure what she'll do with him. Or what he'll do when he gets out. He kinda has a point about Berlin finding out and that becoming a problem for him too. It's not exactly like Berlin will welcome Tom back with open arms.

Okay but really let's get to the big news! Um... what? So "the girl" is Berlin's daughter um... wait what? So who is the girl in the photo? And what didn't Berlin know where his kid is?

And now who is Red's daughter?

Okay so basically I completely bought the mislead. I feel like I need to rewatch the first couple episodes again to put everything in order.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Moderator Manager

Great episode which is making me nervous because the finale is next week (?) and I think it's gonna be a huge cliffhanger.

So Zoe is Berlin's daughter! But yes, where is Red's daughter now?

Very good focus on Samar in that ep. She doesn't spare anyone, she will kill. It was great to see her work with Red this time around. I'm still unclear as to why she said yes to joining FBI. Was it because of that man? So she can avenge the death of a loved one? But again I do enjoy it when the Blacklister has a personal connection to the characters on the show.

I was kind of lost in the whole Collins SL with Cooper but I was literally when both Keen & Ressler's van toppled over. Obviously Cooper had to pull in some extra work since his field agents are both injured.

As for Tom, I don't think Liz will kill him but it's obvious that Red knows what Liz is doing. I didn't even realize that Liz was keeping Tom on a boat somewhere. And I keep asking all of what Tom was asking: then what? What does Liz hope to achieve by keeping Tom locked in there because obviously she can't always have him there. Also, how she managed to make it look like Tom is dead (to everyone who isn't Red). Tom is a huge asset for Berlin intel but at the same time to have him running around freely is out of the question unless of course he strikes a deal with Liz. Anything can happen with this SL and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the only thing i wanted the whole ep was for liz to ravage tom! OMG!
Old 11-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

^ haha, I kept waiting for her to hit him so that he could use the moment to pull her in. Those two crazy kids!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the episode... The show is getting back on track.

But yes, I knew that Zoe was Berlin's daughter and it's the girl that he got the picture from... He was searching for that specific girl for sure. That's why he went after all that stuff from the beginning.

I still assume that Liz is Red's daughter and that her name maybe was Jennifer before Sam adopted her. But for sure that's just speculation... I guess it will be ages until we find out.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:19 AM
Moderator Manager

I wonder if Zoe was enough leverage for Berlin so he can tell Red what happened to his daughter?

Old 11-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I wonder if Zoe was enough leverage for Berlin so he can tell Red what happened to his daughter?
I'm not so sure. Zoe for one probably isn't too excited about this reunion so that might become a factor.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Moderator Manager

True, she doesn't seem thrilled and Berlin was surprised and caught off guard. I think Berlin didn't know how Red managed to track down his daughter.

Are we getting a new ep on Monday? I'm always so confused why some shows weren't on this week.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Overall,this episode is better than previous ones.Everyone has their own parts.
The blacksite seemed to be short-handed,only two agents protected the fake DSS agent Where were the FBI team which searched the trailer?
The highlight is Zoe is Berlin's daughter. Her age didn't match the story Berlin stated in S1,his daughter was in love with a dissdient at the end of Cold War(late 80s)Zoe looked younger. Sorry,not a fan of Tom, the hiding thing was unpersuasive and illogical, just want him gone.I hope SL of Berlin and Tom will wrap up in 208.A new SL will be led out in the second part of S2.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 11-07-2014 at 08:48 AM
Old 11-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the Berlin storyline is just a step on the way to find the person who really wants to see Red dead... We thought Berlin was sooo important but instead it's just a necessary stop on Red's way to find out who really is behind all of it.
And because of that I guess we might see a wrap up of the Berlin storyline eventually or a complete turn.

I really hope we'll get an episode on Monday...

About the age of Berlin's daughter... I would have thought her to be in her late 30s and Berlin around the age of 60? How could he be her father if she was older? But yes, it doesn't make sense with what he had told in season one.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Are we getting a new ep on Monday? I'm always so confused why some shows weren't on this week.
Yes we are and that one will be the last episode before the break.

Quote:
The highlight is Zoe is Berlin's daughter. Her age didn't match the story Berlin stated in S1,his daughter was in love with a dissdient at the end of Cold War(late 80s)Zoe looked younger.
Yeah that confused me too which is why I was blindsided by the reveal at the end. I feel like it would have made sense if she was Red's daughter since I assumed Berlin's daughter was around Red's age. I dunno about this one...

Then again we really don't know if there was any truth in Berlin's story. Red also implied that his wife and daughter were dead and clearly that's false. So maybe the take away from all of this is not to trust what these criminals are saying.

Quote:
We thought Berlin was sooo important but instead it's just a necessary stop on Red's way to find out who really is behind all of it.
Yeah he's a brutal and powerful guy but not as powerful as he was made out to be in the beginning. Which makes sense to me because he's only #8 on the list. If the higher listed names are bigger fish than there must be people "worse" than he is.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

The actress who plays Zoe is a few years older than Megan Boone. So if Berlin told the truth,his daughter's age was assumed to be early 40.
Many people speculated Berlin's Liz's grandfather, his daughter was in love with Red when the finale of S1 aired
It confused me why Berlin thought Zoe would be Red's daughter.He's been tracked him down for years, merely captured his ex-wife and planted Tom in Liz's life.Liz's the one that Red cared about. How he identified the girl who Red just happen to chichat with was Red's daughter.
I think TPTB made adjustment on this plot.
Samar,I don't get her position in the taskforce.She's a Mossad agent who worked in FBI?It confused me since she has worked here.This plot's really messed up.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 11-07-2014 at 09:52 PM
Old 11-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Yeah he's a brutal and powerful guy but not as powerful as he was made out to be in the beginning. Which makes sense to me because he's only #8 on the list. If the higher listed names are bigger fish than there must be people "worse" than he is.
If the series comes to a planned end (if it's not prematurely cancelled), I would be willing to bet that the subject of the final episode will be #1, the mastermind behind everything.