Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is a great episode! One of my favorite scenes is the one between Samar and Liz when she Samar got infected and Liz stayed with her so she wasn't alone.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just re-watched and I as well love this episode

First of all, there he gets back the key from Pepper... It's really crazy how long we had to wait to find out what it was there for

Funny as well as I recall that most people believed this girl he was searching for was Jennifer. This was something I never believed and I was always sure it would be Berlin's daughter and it was...

Liz being jealous... That was a nice change to everything we got afterwards. She still cared back then. She enjoyed him being there for her, him keeping an eye on her. Although Ezra was a problem and she really badly wanted to get rid of him.
I'm still fascinated that Red didn't find out what she kept from him before it was too late. I think it was one of the few times that Red wasn't ahead of a situation.

The Liz and Samar scene is even more powerful since Samar confronted Liz with her mistake in the field when Beck's got the original strain. And then it's Samar who gets infected because of Liz's mistake earlier. The talk really was great.

But I think it still unbelievable that Liz is kind of mourning her life with Tom and the future they might have shared. After everything he has done... He's killed people, he lied to her, he even made her fall in love with him. Everything was a lie and then they get into this fight. I really have no idea how we now can be at the point we are with the show.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At first I thought Red asked Aram to look for Jennifer too. But it was Berlin's daughter. I wonder why he never asked Aram to go look for Jennifer.

I really liked it that Samar called out Liz on her mistake.

She was mourning the life she thought she had with Tom and I get that but her whole life was a lie. Everything she believed in.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he knew the whole time where Jennifer is? Maybe he never wanted her to be found... I really don't know.

YES! It's always Samar who calls out Liz on her mistakes or the behaviors of her that are a no go. I really admire that and it's something that she's still doing after all those years.

I get her mourning that life, too... But she needed to understand and accept, that it was nothing more than a lie. She didn't. Somehow she never did in my eyes because she always kept dreaming that wish and she always kept holding on to Tom.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Help me. I saw him get the key but I don't know what it was for? I didn't see him use it.

So I ve been saying we didn't see his child after S1. I was wrong. Wasn't that video special. I found it interesting that the mother is not shown. Just a glimpse of a dress.

Can I just say Glen? Do you need more than that? I love them. Red was so mad, then he started to believe Glen's mother was sick. Omg red is a bad ass criminal and then we see Glen! I love that he bought a vending machine.

I love Liz being jealous and Red knowing it and her admitting it to Samar.

I think when I first saw this episode I thought he was looking for his child as well. But it really stood out that he never said a name and kept telling Glen to find the girl.

I am a sucker for Red in the hospital room with Liz.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Maybe he knew the whole time where Jennifer is? Maybe he never wanted her to be found... I really don't know.
I didn't think about that but that could also be a possibility. That he leaves her alone so that she isn't in danger.

Quote:
I get her mourning that life, too... But she needed to understand and accept, that it was nothing more than a lie. She didn't. Somehow she never did in my eyes because she always kept dreaming that wish and she always kept holding on to Tom.
You know, I think she never expected that it was a lie. And that is where it went wrong cause if she would have accepted that everything was a lie, she would have never taken him back.

Glen is so amazing! I wish we would see him more!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, I am shocked You don't recall what the key was needed for? Leonard Caul needed it for the device that helped to read the information on the Fulcrum

And I'm surprised I haven't picked up on you saying that we didn't see his child after season 1... If I had I would have corrected you. But we did and I thought it really beautiful.

YES! It was Glen's first episode

Quote:
I am a sucker for Red in the hospital room with Liz.
Oh yes! When the episode had aired, I think I watched this scene a thousand times or more

Exactly, Miranda I really think it's at least a possibility that Red wanted to leave Jennifer alone to just keep her safe.

True, the realization on her part is missing... She is living in her 'dream world' and not facing what really happened in their past. You can tell by how it sometimes re-surfaces. For example in season 4 when Agnes is kidnapped and Tom goes after her after Kirk had set up the link. She's confronting him with it right there.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

The key is for the fulcrum? No it can't be. Really? So you're telling me that Red literally didn't have anything related to the fulcrum? Omg. He was lying like crazy. How did he stay alive. Liz had somthing in the bunny. Fitch had something. And red didn't have anything. How did he even know these people had a key? And why at this point did he think he needed the key? I'm just totally freaked out.
I can't even comment on the episode because I'm so freaked out about the key. And if you hadn't mentioned it, I still would not have noticed it. I thought he was looking for the cure to the virus not a key!!!!
Old 07-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

This moment had been funny... He was talking to Pepper and saying something like "Where is it?" and when this guy asked what Red was talking about and Pepper didn't answer Red said: "You didn't tell him?". We never found out how she came to have the key but somehow I have a feeling that Red gave it to her Not sure though. Why would he give it to her?

And you are right, he at least had the key to read the Fulcrum... What if all of them, Leonard Caul, Liz and Red had each a part of it. And Fitch was the one that knew that Leonard Caul had this machine to read it somehow, because he gave Red the address where he found this number and could reach out to Caul.

Marilyn, you didn't realize it was the key that was important either? And that Red wanted it back (besides of getting the cure there of course...)?
Old 07-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

So you don't think he was searching for the key but gave it to Pepper? I don't know. I now think the whole reason for the case was so Red could find Pepper and get the key.

Heck I didn't know there was ever a key until right now
Old 07-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that at some point he gave it to Pepper, yes To hold on to it for him... Him searching for it somehow doesn't fit the talk these two shared. They seemed familiar.

Marilyn, you didn't? Now I'm shocked!
Old 07-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

No I didn't remember a key. Even watching him ask for it, no I didn't even connect that he got a key and already had the cure in his hand.

So I remember him describing the guy and saying he had gone radical, too radical for Reds liking, but the whole thing with Pepper is just odd. Why on earth would he give her something that important? Who is she that he would trust like that? And, when he found her, do you think she wanted to give the key back? I am now fascinated by this whole thing.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have really no idea what the connection between Red and Pepper could be or if there was one before at all... But the way he talked to her seemed familiar. It didn't seem as if these two were strangers. And she knew exactly what he wanted. He didn't even have to name it, you know.

No clue either if she wanted to give him the key. She did in the situation she was in and didn't really seem as if she'd refuse to do so... Somebody who would have never wanted somebody to have it, would have acted differently.