Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Moderator Manager

2x05: "THE FRONT" Episode Discussion Thread (10/20/14 @ 10PM)

2x05 | The Front
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
ECO-TERRORISTS PURSUE A DEADLY TREASURE – Agents Keen, Ressler, and Cooper pursue an eco-terrorist cell in search of a destructive weapon. Meanwhile, Liz tries to lose her guardian. Elsewhere, Red uses manipulation to pursue someone close to his heart.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 03:57 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting! I'm really hoping we get some answers in this one.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Enjoy the new ep tonight everyone!

Old 10-21-2014, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Red staying with Lizzie in the hospital room after he put ear buds in her ears to play her some music! It was so sweet!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Loving Lizzie's cropped jacket!

And I actually knew a tiny bit about the art history side of this one. I haven't heard the words Raw Sienna since Uni. Exciting~

Anyway about the Blacklister of the week, nice to see a terrorist angle. And with a little cult twist too. The plague angle was timely considering the Ebola outbreak.

The jealousy line from Liz - awww~ That whole scene was just a nice one from Red/Liz. The hospital scene was sweet too. Overall I was happy that we finally got to see more of them together. And that Red was involved more this episode. And that scene of him watching the home movie? Aw it got me, James is so great.

Shooting Samar was overkill. -___- But I loved the shot of her looking through the glass at Liz. And I'm still liking her bits with Amar. Its nice he has someone like that to care about now.

Also the hints of Tom and baby connecting to Red and the search for his daughter - ? - was a great little parallel.

I love Liz tho! I can't believe her little look alike friend actually did that little strip tease for her.

Can't wait to find out her secret next week.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

overall, i couldn't care less about the case... especially with what's going on in the world rn!

i'm glad the writers are finally adding some moxie to liz though. too bad she wasn't the one giving the strip tease! SO HOT! and i totally appreciated the tom flashback. i truly, truly want him to come back. like, can he just be behind the door!?

also, does anyone else think red is liz's uncle?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didnt watch it. But I'm sure it was a good episode.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:23 AM
Moderator Manager

I liked that ep although the cult thing + virus was a little far off for me. The plague angle I enjoyed more because of how timely it was with the Ebola virus going on right now.

I thought that ep was an Aram-heavy and Lizzington-heavy ep. It was great that there is focus on Aram as he (as always) gives the team the biggest leads. I also like his scene with Samar in the end.

I liked how Red teased Liz about being jealous of Jennifer. And it was sweet of Red to visit Liz in the hospital and even held her hand and stayed there.

As for "The Front", the cult angle I didn't like so much but I do like the plague angle. While I thought it was sweet that Liz stayed behind and infected herself with Samar, I also thought it was a bit off. We don't see them interact that much and initially Liz was skeptical of Samar. Maybe that was the turning point for Liz, I guess?

It was good to see the Tom flashbacks too especially when she was looking at the baby in the ICU. But on to more questions about this ep:

1. What is behind that door? I'm glad we may find out next week, OMG.
2. That key, why does Pepper have it and what was that key for?

Bring on next Monday already!

Old 10-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Or Liz could be going off the adage, "Know thy enemy." Samar is an UNKNOWN sent in by Red.

And the double doing that strip tease in the window was AWESOME! lmao!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah that was hot! I'm glad this show is at 10PM.

Red is always two steps ahead of everyone. Now she's checking on Liz' "double".

Old 10-23-2014, 02:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Shooting Samar was overkill.
The gunshooting scenes seem very odd lately.
The airport was quarantined,no one came in and transported Samar and Liz to hospital,just let Samar kept bleeding and finished their girl talk.Why don't they wear bulletproof vest when they are doing ops? As far as I remember,they only wear it in a couple of times.That's not what I've seen in other cop shows.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 10-23-2014 at 02:59 AM
Old 10-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
The gunshooting scenes seem very odd lately.
The airport was quarantined,no one came in and transported Samar and Liz to hospital,just let Samar kept bleeding and finished their girl talk.Why don't they wear bulletproof vest when they are doing ops? As far as I remember,they only wear it in a couple of times.That's not what I've seen in other cop shows.
Yeah exactly! And good point about the vests. If I was an FBI agent pursuing a terrorist through and airport, I would wear a vest. Seems like a no-brainer honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
overall, i couldn't care less about the case... especially with what's going on in the world rn!
Yeah a little too timely considering....
The writers couldn't have known though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
also, does anyone else think red is liz's uncle?
Oh! That's a theory I haven't heard yet! That could work and explain why Naomi knew about Liz all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I thought that ep was an Aram-heavy and Lizzington-heavy ep. It was great that there is focus on Aram as he (as always) gives the team the biggest leads. I also like his scene with Samar in the end.
Yeah I liked that scene at the end. I actually think their relationship is pretty cute. And honestly an episode being Aram and Lizzington heavy is also a plus for me. That might have been the reason this was my favorite episode of the season so far. Although the case part of it was :\

Quote:
As for "The Front", the cult angle I didn't like so much but I do like the plague angle. While I thought it was sweet that Liz stayed behind and infected herself with Samar, I also thought it was a bit off. We don't see them interact that much and initially Liz was skeptical of Samar. Maybe that was the turning point for Liz, I guess?
I guess I took it as Liz thinking this is my teammate I can't let her die alone but mostly I agree. She could have stayed on the other side of the glass and kinda done the same. Mostly I saw it as a writers ploy to put her in danger because we don't know Samar well enough to really care about her yet.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Moderator Manager

And lately Samar is just around, helping the team but mostly in HQ. If she has been on the field a lot since this season started, then I may have thought differently.

Also good point about the bullet proof vests. Isn't that SOP for FBI when they do ops?

Overall though I enjoyed the ep much more than last week. And I want to know more about the search for Red's daughter. Also, I think we might see Tom real soon. But that's just a wish and I don't know anything concrete and even if I do, I can't really say it here.

Next ep is pretty exciting, we finally find out what (or who) is behind that damn door!

Old 10-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Yeah a little too timely considering....
The writers couldn't have known though.
i'm just glad nbc didn't pull the episode. my life would be incomplete without faux liz's striptease.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Time for a new episode in our re-watch The Front was a really good episode. And even important to the Fulcrum mystery since he got that key from Pepper in that episode.

Enjoy the re-watch and I can't wait to discuss this one with you

I re-read some of the older posts and I agree, I though it really odd that Liz would get into that room and infect herself for Samar. She wasn't really close to her, to be specific, he didn't even trust her a bit... And then risking her life? Maybe she had a look at the wound herself and helped keeping pressure on it so Samar wouldn't bleed to death? But even that she could have done if she noticed that Samar wouldn't be able to do it on her own.