Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

1x03: "INDEPENDENCE, U.S.A." [The Blacklist: Redemption] Episode Discussion Thread (03/09/2017 @ 10PM)

1x03 | Independence, U.S.A.
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After a plane crashes in the Ural Mountains, Tom (Ryan Eggold) and Nez (Tawny Cyprus) go undercover in Russia to infiltrate a mysterious, top-secret military facility. Meanwhile, Scottie (Famke Janssen) enlists Mr. Solomon (Edi Gathegi) to find answers about her husband.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 06:03 AM
Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris. Going to watch this tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Awkward naked shower scene. Glad he was loyal to Liz but yeah hmm. Don't know how I feel about that. Not toms fault I know but just the whole scene. And the whole recounting of how he loves his fake wife how he looked at her. Just reminded me what a liar and manupulator he is. Sounded an awful lot like season one tom on TBL.

Also I totally believe Solomon is loyal to Scottie. Could be trouble ahead when he learns about Tom.

I like Nez. She's a total badass. I want to be Nez when I grow up.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 03-09-2017 at 08:35 PM
Old 03-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, awesome episode again! I loved it

First of all, Howard really thinks that Scottie isn't really Scottie but a sleeper agent that replaced Scottie right after Tom's abduction? Didn't see this coming. But it explains why she would want Howard dead and why Howard wouldn't want her to find out that Tom is Christopher.

Nez, I felt really sorry for her when she told her story. And she went back there for drugs... Man... But she still isn't my favorite character. I simply can't get used to her, I don't like her too much.

Solomon and Scottie really have a special bond. At least it seems that way. Not sure if that's really true though.

Tom, he was great in the episode again. I somehow liked that he turned down his fake wife. It's great to see. And I didn't think the shower scene awkward at all when all of it was cleared. I actually liked it. And yes, that's Tom I love to see him like that again. It's what I wanted the whole time because that's what he's good at... Not sitting around and looking after Agnes.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

I agree Kris. Tom is in his element. This is the way I like to see him too! Did you guys notice that he seemed disappointed when he found out Solomon wasn't going to Russia with him?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I did It's was somehow strange and I was wondering what it all meant... Who knows, maybe it's really starting to become a bromance. Or maybe it was because of the talk he listened to between Scottie and her secretary or whoever that blond one was. Maybe he thought that Solomon was dangerous and that he could harm Howard if they'd find out
Old 03-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Sleeper agent Scottie whose not really Scottie. And my first thought was I wonder if a Red knows. Lol I have to stop doing that.

They really could connect the mysteries on both shows but I hope they don't do that.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

They definitely won't connect the mysteries on both shows. JB made that clear in an interview lately...

And man, that would be huge with Scottie. Although it would be really easy if it would be true. They would have given us the answers in the third episode already. I doubt that.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

If it winds up being a miniseries then giving the answers quickly makes more sense.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still haven't seen the episode. For some reason I can't download it.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

You can't download it? How is it possible??? You need to get your hands on it because it's really crazy!

Marilyn, that's true... I hope we'll get all the answers we want And please don't let them drag it to our main show.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I finally got it so I will watch it tonight!
Old 03-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally!!!! :p
Old 03-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched it last night and I have to say that I was more confused then something else but I did really like the episode. I knew Tom and Nez were pretending when they were at that "village" and that they had to take on another identity but it took me a while to figure out that all the other people had the same task as them.

Do you guys think that Howard is right and that Scottie could really be a sleeper agent?
Old 03-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

I do think she is a sleeper agent.

When I watched it, I must admit I wasn't paying attention like I should, so the fact that everyone in Independence USA was fake didn't occur to me at first either.