Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

5x05: "ILYAS SURKOV" Episode Discussion Thread (10/25/2017 @ 8PM)

5x05 | Ilyas Surkov
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
When Red (James Spader) provides exclusive intel on an international terrorist, it puts Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force on a collision course with a rival unit from the CIA. Meanwhile, Red and Hawkins (guest star Aida Turturro) lay the groundwork for their new business venture, and Tom (Ryan Eggold) goes undercover in search of information.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 09:34 AM
Old 10-25-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris. Can't wait to see the episode tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really can't wait for this episode either because I have a feeling it's going to be really intense.

Okay, I had to come over here because wow, this episode was great! I loved it and yes, the show is back on its track!

Red finally figuring out that Tom is the guy that Nik was working with regarding the bones. He knows that Tom had them and that he somehow got Nik involved. Damn it, he was so shocked! When Red talked to Liz at the graveyard I really thought he knew already and I thought he might have told Liz and she was playing Tom but obviously that wasn't true because back then Red didn't know. I really am curious on what Red will tell Liz or if he'll not tell her anything at all for now... If he doesn't tell her, I think it's mostly because of the bones but also slightly because of her love to Tom. What a crappy situation this all is... What a mess!

On to our blacklister this week. I loved it, really. I loved that the team was out in the field, even Aram was. And guys, wasn't that a really amazing turn regarding Aram at the end. Do you think he'll get his wish granted. I really think so and wow... What a move

Cooper was great in this one as well. The way he talked to the CIA guy (Cocks I think was his name) was amazing. I loved it.

And what are your thoughts about Pete? It might really have been Pete... Or was he hunted down as well and had an encounter?

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 10-25-2017 at 10:30 PM
Old 10-26-2017, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved this episode!

And the can of worms is open! Now it is only a matter of time before Red is going to discover that Tom and Nik were dealing with the bones. He now knows that Tom and Nik were working together and he is going to put 2 and 2 together and know it is about the bones.

The guy in the end that was shaving his hair and had his hand bandaged was that Pete? cause if it was then I really think that he killed Nik. On his own or maybe doing it for somebody.

And Tom keeps lying to Liz's face and she doesn't even see it. But at least Agnes is still alive! I was wondering who he was talking too when he was pointing out everything. I knew it wasn't Liz and shortly after I was like; Are you talking to Agnes? And then they showed her.

I loved Ressler and Liz working together. They should always go out together in the field.

Aram! My sweet little cookie! I had to laugh so hard when he was in the car with Ressler and Liz chasing the bad guys. And I love it that he wants to be trained to know what to do if he ever gets in another situation like that so he can protect not only Samar but himself and all the others. He was so scared when the bullets were flying around and I just want him to know what to do so I really hope they are going to show that he is being trained. I hope Ressler gets to train him!

So I guess this new FBI director isn't super clean either is he..
Old 10-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn't tell if the guy at the end was Pete or not. I thought it was. And the other guy was a CIA director not FBI.

The episode was great. I couldn't tell who Tom was talking to either. I thought he had another associate. But to see it was Agnes. lol. Nice touch writers! I liked that.

I will give Liz credit too. Because even though at first she talked about Niks work with Red, the blame and anger toward him didn't seem to be there. I liked that she asked him to find out what happened. And their talk at the end was great too.

So red did not know about Tom and Nik. Surprise for me! And now he does. So what does he do? That's just a mess. And I never thought about whether he should tell Liz. I don't know what is best. I don't think he will tell her but I don't know. He probably should.

Tom flat out lying to Liz. And trying to blame Red for Nik. He's just wrong here. Now was the time to come clean.

I loved the case. All the twists and turns. I didn't see any of it coming. Liz should see how Red was easily framed just from these cases.

Loved Aram! He is so funny but super sweet.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I thought he was the new FB director. Thanks for clarifying that Marilyn.

It was nice to see Liz not blaming Red for a change. She also knew it was kinda her fault that she brought Red is his life but boy am I curious how she is going to react when she finds out that Nik was working with Tom on something dangerous and that that was the reason he got killed.

I don't think Red is going to tell Liz until he knows more and even then I don't think he will tell her and if he does, she is not going to believe him I think.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda you definitely didn't even read what I posted about the episode because if you had you'd have known that this guy was CIA, this Cocks guy or how ever his name is spelled

You know what I think? I really think Liz knows that Tom somehow is involved... This moment at the graveyard, she knows. She knows by the questions he's asking and I bet he is behaving like he did when their marriage was fake. She very well knows the difference. I'm pretty sure she suspects something.

The guy at the end definitely was Pete It was the same person for sure. And I really doubt that he did kill Nik... He did strangle him, so he could have never hurt himself like this with his hand while killing Nik... No chance. I don't believe he killed Nik.

Hm, I really want Red to be honest with her. Now is the moment for him to be honest as well as for Tom... If he now shuts her out, he'll lose her again or maybe forever.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I know Red got Niks personal effects but how did he figure out Nik had the bones? I know he saw the two phone numbers, but I don't know how he knew that related to the bones.

Cox lol, not cocks. Rotflmao. Although the last time I typed that FF changed it to c***.

I didn't get the feeling Liz knew at all even though I agree with Tom acting suspicious. But you are making me think of a Tumblr post today about Tom being to blame for Meeras death. Could that be why Liz visited her grave? Because she was reminded of Toms betrayal!

Kris. You're brilliant.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was the key... He knew by the key he found in Nik's stuff.

OMFG, I knew it might be something dirty but somehow my brain isn't working to good today I'm sorry!!!

Marilyn, watch that scene again. Look at her face... She is never acting like that when she is with him and not suspicious. Watch it again, please! Her look, the way she talks.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah the key! Damn. What is it with me and keys. I always miss it.

I am going to watch that scene again. I can't wait.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See I did read you post this afternoon Kris but I totally read over that CIA line.

You really think that Liz is suspecting something Kris? I didn't get that feeling at all but maybe that is because I think she is so blind with everything when it comes to Tom.. I am going to watch that scene again. I also didn't even see that she visited Meera's grave but maybe that was a hint. I liked it that she didn't forget about Meera.

See, I couldn't tell if it was the same person but glad that you could see it was definitly Pete, Kris. I wonder how roughed his hand up like that.

God I think I didn't pay good attention cause I didn't even think about the key being from the suitcase. So Red know definitly knows about Tom, Nik and the bones?

ETA: I watched the cemetery scene again and with what Kris said in the back of my head I think she does know that he is lying to her. Her face when she said she wants to go see Meera alone did it for me. I wonder if she is going to confront him with it.

Last edited by Miranda; 10-26-2017 at 01:12 PM
Old 10-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Actually Miranda I agree with what you posted on the Red Liz thread. I don't think Red completely knows about the bones. He knows Nik had the key and he and Tom talked but he does not know what "Nik" told Tom. He doesn't know if they had time to meet and discuss anything. He still has that to learn. Plus he said in this episode that Kaplan gave the bones to Nik....
Old 10-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, yes... Keys are not your favorite thing in the world of TBL

I think Red even mentioned a suitcase when he grabbed these keys from Nik's stuff... That's how I know because otherwise I wouldn't have made the connection either. See, I maybe should watch TBL more often after a night I barely slept because I have a feeling I catch more details

Yes, I really believe she suspects something. If not, man, that would have been bad acting on her part.

And I swear to you, it was Pete. Since you guys really made me unsure, I even looked at the cast for this episode and he was in it and I looked at a picture of him on IMDB and re-watched the scene and it's definitely Pete

Miranda, no worries
Old 10-26-2017, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

I figured it was Pete but then doubted myself. So he knows who the big bad is. Perhaps. So where are the bones now?
Old 10-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

TOM KEEN I HATE YOU! Even though Agnes is a cute little baby.. not even she was buying the crap coming out of daddy-dearest mouth. *GAG*

Red with Cocoa was so cute!! And buying the Doggy groomers was awesome!

Aram and Samar in the car, her getting wired up! lol! LOVED IT!