Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2016, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

3x20: "THE ARTAX NETWORK" Episode Discussion Thread (04/28/16 @ 9PM)

3x20 | The Artax Network
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After an unexpected loss devastates the FBI task force, they must track down their assailants; a mysterious group whose agents operate using a worldwide satellite network. Meanwhile, Reddington is forced to confront a ghost from his past, one who knows many of Red's secrets.

Last edited by Miranda; 01-29-2017 at 08:13 AM
Old 04-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Kris!

Sounds interesting. Can't wait!!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris.

Happy Blacklist Thursday everyone. Enjoy the episode!
Old 04-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, guys! The episode will be the first one to see for me tomorrow in the morning! I can't wait!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode proved to me why I fell in love with this season when it first started. They did such an magnificent job on this episode!! The writers have been on a roll since episode 3x17 and it's only getting better even though the circumstances are so sad.

Red. Red. Red. He is broken. Totally broken. I was so surprised that we got to meet Liz's biological grandfather. I did not see that coming. It was a very nice surprise though. I hope we see him again so we can get to know more things about Liz and Katarina. Why did he go see Liz's grandfather? There certainly has to be more to it than Red telling him that Liz was dead and that he needed a quiet place. And there is so much more to him and Liz. Red really has been there all of Liz's life and I am sure we can't even grasp to what extent exactly.

Ressler. It was so sad to see him like this. I read somewhere on Tumblr that somebody thought that Ressler looked unaffected. Well, he certainly didn't look unaffected to me! The tears in his eyes during the funeral, the way he defended Liz when they took her things away and of course the scene in their office. He was literally crying there and that broke my heart. But that's just how Ressler deals with things. He does it on his own when nobody is watching. I was glad that Samar left him alone when she saw him in their office. He needed to be alone and mourn her death.

Aram. My sweet Aram. You broke my heart with what you said at Liz's funeral. It came from his heart. I love how he said that he called her Agent Keen cause her respected her so much. And he collected his debt with Red! I didn't think he would ever do that! It was sad that Red didn't want to come with Aram. However I am glad that Red listened to Aram and that it was Aram who tried to get Red back.

When Aram was on his couch crying and listening to music! That was so sad too. As you see I cried a lot.

Cooper. What he said about Liz was so sweet and made my bawl my eyes out. Everything in this episode made me ball my eyes out.

Tom. He was adorable with Agnes. I know it's going to be so hard on him but I am convinced that he can be a great father and that he will do a great job. He has too for Liz. I really hope that Cooper isn't going to drag him further into the investigation for Liz's death. The way he helped now was harmless but important. He should do those kind of things but not dangerous things. He has Agnes to take care of now. It's not just him anymore.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

I hated to see Ressler blame Red for Liz death. He did his best. I don't understand this blame thing. Loved Arams eulogy. Beautiful.

I can't believe I got it right. Red went to katarinas dad. I couldn't decide if Dom hated Red and blamed him for everything or if he was trying to push Red back into life. Oh my those scenes were so excellent and Red fixed the piano. Fixing things is seems to bring comfort to Red. I loved when Red tasted the buttermilk and Dom made him drink it!! I agree there has to be so much more to all this than we know. For red to be that connected to all that family and Dom to know everything. I can't wait to see how all this plays out.

Aram went to get Red. Loved it. And when red said that about repaying the debt and his voice broke oh my. I swear I thought I saw a tear. I also was glad Aram told Red that the office wasn't the same without Liz and without Red. Finally someone showing some care for Red

I do wish we had a longer scene with Red at the cemetery other than a brief glance.

Mr Kaplan was at the funeral.....
Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Supreme Fan

^ So was Dembe ....

Red actually cried (tears! ) when he told Aram that repaying the favor was out of his grasp ... that he didn't have it in him anymore. Lizzie really was his life, and he still feels bereft.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Dembe was at the funeral? I didn't see him. That is a good reason to rewatch.

I knew I saw tears!!!!

Btw what do you think tom said to Lizzie's casket???
Old 04-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was filled with wonderful moments. Aram! OMG! I loved him in every scene from his broken self to coming back to life and into the task at hand. His eulogy, his finding Red and asking to repay the debt - all so amazing. IMO he was the star of this episode.

I never knew Liz's grandfather was alive but it was nice to see Brian Dennehy in the role. That Red sought him out is even more proof at how close he feels to Liz.

Tom - I thought it was so funny when he asked Samar if she knew how to swaddle a baby. Seems he figured it out eventually. I have no idea what he said at Liz's casket but it was a touching moment. Also liked seeing him back in action, helping Cooper.

Cooper and his wife are getting closer and I really like how he's doing it in stages.

Ressler - he took Liz's wooden foot massager.

So am I wrong or do they think that woman at the airport is Katarina Rostova?

I'm sure I missed commenting on something and agree that this is an episode that bears rewatching. Excellent in every way.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-29-2016, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode again was fantastic. Damn it, I have my show back, the one that I fell in love with

First of all, Dembe wasn't at the funeral Even Hisham stated in an interview that Dembe didn't attend, so no, he wasn't.

Red... Man, I love him. And it hurts like hell to see him that broken. This guy really was Katarina's dad as you assumed, Marilyn. I loved that there is still family alive of Liz's. Sad though that she never knew about it when she still was alive. And how frustrated Dom was, he was lonely, he somehow lost it when his daughter died and he was blaming Red for it. For both of the deaths to be specific and I'm so wondering what has happened that Red is to blame for all of it. I really need some answers.
And still I'm with Marilyn and don't know if he really actually blames Red or if he was just devastated.

Ressler blaming Red for Liz's death. Come on... I really thought they had reached another level finally but they haven't. He shouldn't forget that Liz almost was killed because of him and wouldn't it have been for Red and Aram she would have been. I was so pissed about that, too.
Otherwise I loved Ressler in the episode. It was nice to see how he is coping with it. When he didn't want to leave for the funeral

Aram, OMFG! He is my hero! He's becoming (or already is) my second favorite character on the show! The eulogy It almost brought me to tears. And him working on figuring it out AND him going to see Red I'm speechless, really. Look on how far he has come and he wanted to collect his debt. It was heartbreaking, the first Aram/Red moment. But Aram cared, he cared and he somehow tried to make Red feel better telling him that the post office isn't the same without him anymore. He is my hero, really. He's the only one that had something nice to offer to Red, nobody else. And that sucks after everything.
Besides, Red went back and was ready at some point. It's fantastic. I love the Aram/Red dynamic sooo much.

Cooper... His eulogy was great, too. And I loved Harry's acting. Perfect. Charlene and Cooper getting closer again, that's what I expected out of the things that happened. We'll see where this gets them.
I was so relieved when Tom was the one calling Cooper and asking him to bring these guys down and Cooper talked him down and told him to care for his child I get why he was so devastated to call him later on after his visit at Mrs. Panabaker... I'm really wondering what's going on there.

Tom was sooooo cute with Agnes. But honestly, he was fantastic in caring for a doll when they had the baby shower when they wanted to adpot a child at first. I didn't really believe that he wouldn't know how to do it anymore Felt lame to me. Besides of that, I loved Tom. I really enjoy him without Liz around because we finally get to see his character and some real development that isn't connected to Liz. And the spy will be back That's what I was waiting for.

About the mysterious woman on that photo, I don't believe that it's Liz's mother. Tom is still holding on to that notion... In the end it's his I would really lay rolling on my couch if that turns out to be true somehow. I really don't think that she is a relative of Liz's.

Did I forget anything?
Old 04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Brian Dennehy was great in the role of liz's grandfather

loved the scenes with tom and the baby. so adorable

beautiful funeral scenes too
Old 04-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Dembe was at the funeral? I didn't see him. That is a good reason to rewatch.

Btw what do you think tom said to Lizzie's casket???
No Dembe was not at the funeral. I don't know why. Mr. Kaplan was there too so why not Dembe?

And I am very curious what Tom said to Liz casket as well. Maybe it was about Agnes? That he will love her and take care of her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)

So am I wrong or do they think that woman at the airport is Katarina Rostova?
No you are not wrong. Tom think that woman is Katarina Rostova but of course we all know she isn't and I think it won't be to long before they figure it out as well. Sources say that she is Tom's mother but nothing is confirmed on that part.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mr. Kaplan at the funeral... Was it just me or did she look really guilty. I can't describe it but did you recall her crying in the episode that Liz cried. The way she was sitting there, at the funeral, didn't feel like Mr. Kaplan really suffering a loss... I can't describe it but it felt odd to me.

Right... I somehow forgot that Tom said something to Liz's casket... What if he knows that she is still alive? Do you think that possible? I don't think so but it felt strange to me, too.
Do you think we'll ever know what he said?

Quote:
No you are not wrong. Tom think that woman is Katarina Rostova but of course we all know she isn't and I think it won't be to long before they figure it out as well. Sources say that she is Tom's mother but nothing is confirmed on that part.
Red knows her so I'm sure we'll soon know who exactly she is. At least I know her name already But that's it...

Quote:
beautiful funeral scenes too
I thought the funeral amazing, too. Such a beautiful one and it was a funeral that was really long time wise but didn't feel dragged or forced on the viewers. Great writing there.

Quote:
Brian Dennehy was great in the role of liz's grandfather
One of the best parts of the episode for sure
Old 04-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Tom's mother! That would be an intersting twist. He doesn't know either of his parents, right? I wouldn't mind this SL.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Mr. Kaplan at the funeral... Was it just me or did she look really guilty. I can't describe it but did you recall her crying in the episode that Liz cried. The way she was sitting there, at the funeral, didn't feel like Mr. Kaplan really suffering a loss... I can't describe it but it felt odd to me.
I don't know if I would call it a guilty look but something was definitly off.

Quote:
Right... I somehow forgot that Tom said something to Liz's casket... What if he knows that she is still alive? Do you think that possible? I don't think so but it felt strange to me, too.
Do you think we'll ever know what he said?
I don't he knows. I think he just wanted one last moment alone with Liz. I think he told her he loved her and that he will take good care of their daughter.

Quote:
Red knows her so I'm sure we'll soon know who exactly she is. At least I know her name already But that's it...
Yes we now her name but it could also be an alias. Almost everbody on this show seems to have an alias.