Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Didn't notice but wonder if that was done on purpose. So he still feels linked to reality in his "dream" world? That's interesting - want to re-watch the episode to see that now.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I don't think Liz's mom is alive either. Might have just been a ploy to get to her. I'm hesitant to trust anyone on this show, because it's The Blacklist.
Cece, I totally get that... It's always sooo difficult to judge if you can trust something you saw or not. It's The Blacklist and as long as it's not really 100% certain I tend to be really careful with what I believe or not believe. Besides, I trust Red.

Aga, I somehow didn't notice, no Now I want to re-watch the episode as well and see it for myself... It's always been the hat, maybe it's kind of a way to hide for him, to play a role, play the role of the concierge of crime. And this one stood with him the whole time.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

I honestly thought we would get more answers about his real family... Or his true connection to Katarina but still nothing. Although I really hope that this true connection will be revealed by the end of the season. It's all been about Katarina, the whole season. We need answers about that finally.
and I hope we get them

Old 04-25-2016, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch123 (View Post)
I don't know if anybody notice, Red's obsession about his hat in this episode , first in the Chinese shop ( whatever it was) when he took it instead of gun, and after when he was saving Katarina on the beach, and when he was helping her to go to the house, he managed to take it with him
I especially noticed that he took the hat and left the gun, but I didn't think anything about it other than he was really out of it. I also noticed that it carried to the house that he was gun less. I am so glad you pointed that out. I like your analogy. I think every part of this do is significant and has a meaning. It is fun to read as everyone points out different things they saw.

One thing I noticed was when the policeman came how easy it was for him to slip into the role of charming and friendly when that was so far from how he felt. He is always acting but this time we saw him. I think this whole thing is a recurring nightmare for him.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
and I hope we get them
Me, too

Quote:
I especially noticed that he took the hat and left the gun, but I didn't think anything about it other than he was really out of it. I also noticed that it carried to the house that he was gun less. I am so glad you pointed that out. I like your analogy. I think every part of this do is significant and has a meaning. It is fun to read as everyone points out different things they saw.
Oh yes, I as well realized that he left the gun behind and was gun-less during the whole stay in that house. Which was great and I as well think significant. Red would never go anywhere without his weapon but there he didn't take it. What does that say about him?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am a little late to the party but I saw the episode before I left for the weekend with my family on Friday, I just didn't have time to post my thoughts here.

This episode was SO amazing. This episode proved that James Spader can carry this show on his own. He was stunning and up until it was revealed that Red imagined Katarina and everything I didn't have a clue it was only in his head. He has really outdone himself with this episode.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Me, too

Oh yes, I as well realized that he left the gun behind and was gun-less during the whole stay in that house. Which was great and I as well think significant. Red would never go anywhere without his weapon but there he didn't take it. What does that say about him?
That he feel very safe in the house.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Or very safe with Katrina

Whatever the answer it's interesting that he felt that way with everything going on
Old 04-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Not sure why, but I kept thinking of "Take the gun, leave the cannoli" from the Godfather movies, only Red took the hat and left the gun .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda I'm so happy to hear that you were as touched by the episode as a lot of us were and that you enjoyed it so much despite the other characters missing

Aga, good point there He might have felt safe in that house, yes... But I somehow can't shake the feeling lose that he kind of left it behind on purpose or because he got careless to some degree. I think it was a mixture of both.

Quote:
Not sure why, but I kept thinking of "Take the gun, leave the cannoli" from the Godfather movies, only Red took the hat and left the gun .
I love that reference, Donna Never thought of it but since you are mentioning it...
Old 04-27-2016, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

I was screaming at the tv telling Red to get his gun.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He might have felt safe in that house, yes... But I somehow can't shake the feeling lose that he kind of left it behind on purpose or because he got careless to some degree. I think it was a mixture of both.
He was pretty careless. I am not used to that of Red.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
He was pretty careless. I am not used to that of Red.
Yes, he was... And he never was before. It really seemed as if he didn't care if he'd still live or die anymore. He had failed his mission in life, the only person he swore never to fail in protecting.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, he was... And he never was before. It really seemed as if he didn't care if he'd still live or die anymore. He had failed his mission in life, the only person he swore never to fail in protecting.
Maybe he doesn't care anymore. He lost the most important thing in this life.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Maybe he doesn't care anymore. He lost the most important thing in this life.
I think he really doesn't... He even said it himself in this week's episode. He has no clue how a person shall survive with what he is feeling inside... A person can be survive long with that feeling. It's bad.