Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
About that I only liked the way they edited it in the end. Him speaking on her voice mail (btw, the phone is dead, she lost it when she was shot at) and all of the other guys being shown while Tom was talking.
don't hate, appreciate!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
don't hate, appreciate!
I recall you hating a lot of other stuff about the show before, to be specific anything that hadn't anything to do with Tom

If I would hate, that would sound different I just don't like it.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I recall you hating a lot of other stuff about the show before, to be specific anything that hadn't anything to do with Tom

If I would hate, that would sound different I just don't like it.
oh, ok then. i'll post elsewhere from here on out.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
oh, ok then. i'll post elsewhere from here on out.
You don't have to at all. I was just pointing out that I wasn't spreading hate here before because you got the impression I was doing that exactly. I just don't share the sympathy for Tom while you don't have a lot of sympathy for any of the other stuff (I recall posts where you made that clear before).

I'm not a fan of being accused of spreading hate because I actually really liked how they put that end montage together.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You both were just stating your opinions and everybody is entitled to their opinion. Here at this board we respect each other's opinion and discuss it in a friendly way. And I have to agree with Kris, her opinion wasn't hateful at all. Now let's go back to talking about the episode.

Quote:

I partly agree, yes Mr. Solomon ducked away when he realized something was wrong. I'm not sure if the first bullets were fired already. But still I'm wondering where he vanished. Are there that many exists in a hangar?
And the Dembe stuff really was strange. The way he strode in and especially untied Red and Liz and then broke down. Maybe it was adrenaline? And how did he get there with that wound? Did he kind of bandage it? Or was he brought into a hospital and right away left after they bandaged it up? I don't really get the time line either.
I rewatched that scene again cause I was confused as to where Mr. Solomon went and the moment Dembe started shooting Mr. Solomon ducked away and ran out while his men were shot by Dembe. Red and Liz even said that he was getting away. I wonder where he went though too.

Quote:

Did anybody think that scene when Red let that guy fall down the rooftop really intense, too? Him saying that Red would never be able to stop them, that was all Red needed to let go and let him die. And when he looked up finally, at Lizzie That moment still gives me goose bumps.
I didn't think it was that intense. I had a feeling that Red was going to let him fall. The moment after when he looked at Liz was better for me.

I totally forgot to comment on the scene between Ressler and Red. And Ressler working on his drug addiction! I never thought we would see anything about that so I am glad we got to see that.

Last edited by Miranda; 10-30-2015 at 02:08 PM
Old 10-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love keens x ressler.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh my goodness... I loved this episode. Probably the best for me this season.
I thought it was really raw. A lot of the characters were stripped down to their bones emotionally in this episode. I cringed watching Red think Liz was about to be hurt or killed. I couldn't watch. And Kris, I thought they were going to assault her as well so you weren't alone. I'm glad the writers didn't go there at all. I wouldn't have been able to take it.

I was really surprised that Ressler gave testimony saying Liz was innocent. I thought that was ballsy. And it surprised me. In a good way, but it really did surprise me. I didn't think he was "there" yet. I'm glad he is though. I can't wait to see what's next for him especially now that he has to work with the Director. I can see that getting ugly quick. And I wonder if they'll try to get rid of him if he gets to close to discovering the truth and facts to back it up. Personally, I think the blonde woman is in the Cabal. She's too cavalier and non-chalant about the accusations about the Director.

I LOVED the scene with Ressler at the end with Aram & Samar. I think Samar finally got confirmation of what she already knew. That Ressler cares deeply for Liz. Her face when he told them that they have to do a better job of protecting her didn't seem like she agreed. I think she's used to protecting herself and thinks Liz needs to do the same. God, I really want to learn more about her!

I thought the Dembe scene was a little over the top. But I'm glad he's ok. The Red/Dembe hug didn't even make me happy. It just was weird the way he fell into his arms

I still adore Mr Solomon and I'm happy he got away. I love that man!!

Oh and Tom.... I know that's a touchy subject since so many people either really love him or hate him. Or fall somewhere in the middle. I don't hate him but I just can't stand his sappy storyline now. He's being portrayed as a heroic and misunderstood man trying to do whatever it takes to save the love of his life. I just don't like it nor do I buy it. Whoever said his storyline just seems thrown in and misplaced is correct. They are really doing him (and the show) a disservice if you ask me.

I love Ryan Eggold so use him in the right way.

Oh... And seriously... If Keen doesn't want Ressler then I will gladly take him. That man is getting hotter each episode.
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 10-31-2015, 05:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Hahahah, that part about Tom was exactly what I thought... Like he is in his own world and then a reality check - desperate about Liz, get it together dude. But I love his scenes when he's not crying about Liz, give that man a spinoff!
Exactly my opinion Although I'm not sure what such a spin-off should be about. But yes, Ryan did a great job. The problem just is that all of Tom's stuff so doesn't match for me with the show right now... Sadly.
What I found interesting is that he talks about Liz getting a second chance. He didn't mention himself in her second chance. And the scene shows Ressler sitting in the office he shared with Liz, staring at her empty chair. Make of that what you will.

I don't mind Tom and the actor is great but yes, he seems so removed from the rest of the action, along with Cooper.

Quote:
Quote:
It's good to see Dembe back, but that action sequence was poorly written, directed, everything. You see Dembe aka Rambo with two guns in his hands shooting everyone while already got shot the day before in the abdomen, and of course, there is no bandage or anything, he is invincible, and then that hug just putted him down, c'mon. And Mr. Solomon just vanished like that. Ok, right...
I partly agree, yes Mr. Solomon ducked away when he realized something was wrong. I'm not sure if the first bullets were fired already. But still I'm wondering where he vanished. Are there that many exists in a hangar?
And the Dembe stuff really was strange. The way he strode in and especially untied Red and Liz and then broke down. Maybe it was adrenaline? And how did he get there with that wound? Did he kind of bandage it? Or was he brought into a hospital and right away left after they bandaged it up? I don't really get the time line either.
I guess it won't be an episode of The Blacklist if the writers don't screw with logic at least once.

Quote:
RESSLER, dude I want to marry you! I love you so much. He finally said that he thinks Liz is innocent! I knew that deep down that is what he thought and him telling Aram and Samar that he scared broke my heart but Aram hugged him was the best ever! and afterwards the "don't ever hug me like that again." was awesome!
Quote:
If Keen doesn't want Ressler then I will gladly take him. That man is getting hotter each episode.
Okay people, I love you all but when it comes to a particular uptight, strawberry-blonde agent, I'll fight all of you, Dembe-style, for him.

And he didn't just admit that he thinks she is innocent. He announced it in front of the whole freaking world.Now everyone knows. If that isn't a grand declaration of love, I don't know what is. It'd be great if in the next episode, we get to see Liz's reaction to his declaration.

Quote:
I can't wait to see what's next for him especially now that he has to work with the Director. I can see that getting ugly quick. And I wonder if they'll try to get rid of him if he gets to close to discovering the truth and facts to back it up. Personally, I think the blonde woman is in the Cabal. She's too cavalier and non-chalant about the accusations about the Director.
I like that the writers have put Ressler in direct conflict with the Director. I'm glad he's not going to spend the rest of the season running after Liz, always one step behind. It gives DK more to do and David Strathairn is a fantastic actor. They should be amazing to watch together. But this also means Ressler is at the forefront of the fight with the Cabal and they know where his loyalties lie. He's in real danger now. I'm so worried because the writers do like to make Ressler suffer.

I don't like or trust the NSA either. Ressler should throw away those cake-pops the first chance he gets. But seriously, she really was too chummy, chummy with the Director. I want to hope that this is a mis-direction and she'll end up as an ally for Ressler but I just don't know.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I rewatched that scene again cause I was confused as to where Mr. Solomon went and the moment Dembe started shooting Mr. Solomon ducked away and ran out while his men were shot by Dembe. Red and Liz even said that he was getting away. I wonder where he went though too.
Same here. I re-watched that scene right after I had seen the episode because I really was wondering where he went.

Quote:
I didn't think it was that intense. I had a feeling that Red was going to let him fall. The moment after when he looked at Liz was better for me.
I meant that look at his face when he finally looked up at Liz. It was as if he'd look right at me and that expression

x

Quote:
I love keens x ressler.
Great to hear

Quote:
I cringed watching Red think Liz was about to be hurt or killed. I couldn't watch. And Kris, I thought they were going to assault her as well so you weren't alone. I'm glad the writers didn't go there at all. I wouldn't have been able to take it.
Good to hear that you and Miranda feared the worst there as well. Oh man, it was so hard for me to watch, that whole scene when Liz was being held down and Solomon threatened to kill her with Red having to watch it. My heart sank at it, I really could have cried there. This might have been one of the worst things happening to Red. And the suffering that Liz would have had to go through! Thank Goodness that they spared us that.

Quote:
I LOVED the scene with Ressler at the end with Aram & Samar. I think Samar finally got confirmation of what she already knew. That Ressler cares deeply for Liz. Her face when he told them that they have to do a better job of protecting her didn't seem like she agreed. I think she's used to protecting herself and thinks Liz needs to do the same. God, I really want to learn more about her!
I definitely need to re-watch this one right away because I have to pay close attention to Samar's face. I didn't really do that when I saw the episode for the first time. You really think she doesn't share the opinion? That's really say.

That makes me thing of something else I forgot to mention before. I was so proud of Liz somehow when she told Samar on the phone that she's ready to take responsibility for what she's done, just not the things she hasn't. That was a big step when it comes to Liz's characterization and one of the few moments she really made me happy. Because I didn't expect that answer of hers.

About the Tom scene... He has this monologue that he is telling Liz via voice mail and there he's telling her that actions speak louder than words, that he believes that. So I keep recalling what his actions were... Betraying her with Jolene, knocking her out in that warehouse, holding her at gun point, fighting with her when she held him hostage, giving away all the names of the task force after which Meera was killed and Cooper almost was strangled to death. It's these actions that speak louder than words? I thought it really annoying that something like that would come from him. He has done some things that could really proof that he has honest intentions with Liz now but such words should only come from people who's actions have always spoken louder than words. I was just rolling my eyes because I definitely will never forget these actions either.

Quote:
And he didn't just admit that he thinks she is innocent. He announced it in front of the whole freaking world.Now everyone knows. If that isn't a grand declaration of love, I don't know what is. It'd be great if in the next episode, we get to see Liz's reaction to his declaration.
But this was just a hearing, right? It wasn't the whole world... But yes, that he admitted it in front of all of these people really surprised me because I really thought he wasn't ready for that. Obviously we were wrong and he did and I'm really happy about it. He simply couldn't lie there.

Quote:
I don't like or trust the NSA either. Ressler should throw away those cake-pops the first chance he gets. But seriously, she really was too chummy, chummy with the Director. I want to hope that this is a mis-direction and she'll end up as an ally for Ressler but I just don't know.
I need some somebody to refresh my memory... NSA? Was Hitchin from the NSA?

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 10-31-2015 at 11:43 AM
Old 10-31-2015, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

That makes me thing of something else I forgot to mention before. I was so proud of Liz somehow when she told Samar on the phone that she's ready to take responsibility for what she's done, just not the things she hasn't. That was a big step when it comes to Liz's characterization and one of the few moments she really made me happy. Because I didn't expect that answer of hers.
Yes, it was so nice to hear that Liz is aware of the bad things she has done. I actually don't hold it against her for running; I just want her to apologise to the people she has hurt. This week she took a step forward in that direction.

Quote:
He has done some things that could really proof that he has honest intentions with Liz now but such words should only come from people who's actions have always spoken louder than words. I was just rolling my eyes because I definitely will never forget these actions either
This. The writers have this weird denial thing going on when it comes to Tom. Personally, I feel as if they think that Liz and Tom are somehow equal when it comes to doing horrible things to each other. When all Liz did to Tom was reactionary. And they seem to have forgotten that he had a hand in getting Meera killed and Cooper seriously hurt.

Quote:
But this was just a hearing, right? It wasn't the whole world... But yes, that he admitted it in front of all of these people really surprised me because I really thought he wasn't ready for that. Obviously we were wrong and he did and I'm really happy about it. He simply couldn't lie there.
Since there were so many cameras, I thought the hearing must be public.

Quote:
I need some somebody to refresh my memory... NSA? Was Hitchin from the NSA?
Not that NSA. I think she is the National Security Advisor to the President.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yes, it was so nice to hear that Liz is aware of the bad things she has done. I actually don't hold it against her for running; I just want her to apologise to the people she has hurt. This week she took a step forward in that direction.
It really was so nice and all the hope that I felt was lost last week started to come back this week. She isn't lost, she isn't fully gone yet, she's still there, the old Liz. I hope we'll get to see more of her in the upcoming episodes.

Quote:
This. The writers have this weird denial thing going on when it comes to Tom. Personally, I feel as if they think that Liz and Tom are somehow equal when it comes to doing horrible things to each other. When all Liz did to Tom was reactionary. And they seem to have forgotten that he had a hand in getting Meera killed and Cooper seriously hurt.
Exactly that. It's as if they have amnesia and want us to forget about all of it as well... I'm wondering why. And they are not even because I totally agree, all of her things were reactionary to what he's done before.

Some other fans of the show pointed out that Tom said that she deserved another chance on life, he didn't say 'we'. Do you think that has to mean something?

Quote:
Since there were so many cameras, I thought the hearing must be public.
I kind of must have missed those Oh man, how embarrassing!

Quote:
Not that NSA. I think she is the National Security Advisor to the President.
Now I get that... So Hitchin is the National Security Advisor of the President of the United States? I missed that as well. So this was answered already? When exactly did they point her out to be just that? I tell you, way too many information for me in this episode

Btw, last night a thought struck me... Do you guys think that this hearing and Hitchin bringing the Director into the post office was the first step of getting Ressler down from his position as leader of the task force? Do you think that could be Cooper's way back in? Or the Director totally taking over the task force?
Old 11-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Same here. I re-watched that scene right after I had seen the episode because I really was wondering where he went.

I meant that look at his face when he finally looked up at Liz. It was as if he'd look right at me and that expression
Oh yes that expression was very intense!

Quote:
Btw, last night a thought struck me... Do you guys think that this hearing and Hitchin bringing the Director into the post office was the first step of getting Ressler down from his position as leader of the task force? Do you think that could be Cooper's way back in? Or the Director totally taking over the task force?
Hm I didn't think of it that way. I don't think it will be Cooper's way to get back in but I would like to know how in the hell the Director got into the Post Office like that. I don't know if they want Ressler gone. I think if Reven Wright still has a say in it that he will stay on as acting Director. She said she trusted him to do his job right so.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It really was so nice and all the hope that I felt was lost last week started to come back this week. She isn't lost, she isn't fully gone yet, she's still there, the old Liz. I hope we'll get to see more of her in the upcoming episodes.
I too would like to see more of her self-awareness emerge in the upcoming weeks but am hesitant to hold out hope. The writing for this show is so uneven most of the time. For example we saw no follow-up on the Djinn and his missing notebook page. On the other hand we saw tying up the loose end of Ressler's addiction issue by showing him in NA. So there might be hope that the writers know what they are doing this season.

Quote:
Some other fans of the show pointed out that Tom said that she deserved another chance on life, he didn't say 'we'. Do you think that has to mean something?
His message could mean so many things. I like to think this is to show that Liz will get a second chance but not with him. On the other hand, the writers love Tom and so they could have made him not say 'we' to show how selfless his love for Liz is.

Quote:
I kind of must have missed those Oh man, how embarrassing!
No worries. I miss so many stuff too-much of season 2 is still a blur to me. I just noticed this scene because it had everyone's favorite strawberry-blonde in it.

Quote:
So this was answered already? When exactly did they point her out to be just that? I tell you, way too many information for me in this episode
I think Reven Wright mentioned it when introducing Ressler to Hitchins.

Quote:
Quote:
Btw, last night a thought struck me... Do you guys think that this hearing and Hitchin bringing the Director into the post office was the first step of getting Ressler down from his position as leader of the task force? Do you think that could be Cooper's way back in? Or the Director totally taking over the task force
Hm I didn't think of it that way. I don't think it will be Cooper's way to get back in but I would like to know how in the hell the Director got into the Post Office like that. I don't know if they want Ressler gone. I think if Reven Wright still has a say in it that he will stay on as acting Director. She said she trusted him to do his job right so.
Cooper is even more complicit in Liz's shooting of Connelly than Ressler - that the public know about. Copper was right there when she shot that slimey jerk. So I don't see how Cooper could be back before Liz is exonerated. I'm sure Cooper will be back but not before this story arc is done.

And the Director is CIA. There's no way he'd be able to take over another agency's taskforce - the writers can't be that clueless, can they? Right now, I believe that the Director gets to have access to all of the taskforce's info on the manhunt but Ressler continues to head the taskforce. Let's hope it doesn't get worse than this.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt.er (View Post)
Okay people, I love you all but when it comes to a particular uptight, strawberry-blonde agent, I'll fight all of you, Dembe-style, for him.
Haha!!! I've never fought over a man but I might for Ressler.

Quote:
Cooper is even more complicit in Liz's shooting of Connelly than Ressler - that the public know about. Copper was right there when she shot that slimey jerk. So I don't see how Cooper could be back before Liz is exonerated. I'm sure Cooper will be back but not before this story arc is done.

And the Director is CIA. There's no way he'd be able to take over another agency's taskforce - the writers can't be that clueless, can they? Right now, I believe that the Director gets to have access to all of the taskforce's info on the manhunt but Ressler continues to head the taskforce. Let's hope it doesn't get worse than this.
I don't see the Director taking over the Task Force but I could see Reven being made to force Ressler to step down and someone else to take over. And what happens if she doesn't agree to it? I think she's going to end up in the middle of wanting Ressler to find the truth & her friend the NSA lady. And as much as I didn't like Reven in the beginning, I think she's an ally for the task force. I just hope she isn't a casualty along the way of the Cabal (along with Ressler).
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 11-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank god for the fact that Director can't over the task force. This is how I interpreted it; Ressler is still head of the task force but he has to work together with the Director and keep him posted on the manhunt. I don't see how that is going to work out cause Ressler doesn't want to work with him and neither does the Director. He is going to do everything in his power to manipulate everything.