Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Moderator Manager

2x16: "TOM KEEN" Episode Discussion Thread (03/19/15 @ 9PM)

2x16 | Tom Keen
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
As evidence mounts against Liz in the case of the murdered DC Harbormaster, a federal judge makes it clear to her that she will face severe criminal charges. Reddington and Ressler jump into high gear to exonerate Liz but the only solution is to find the recently vanished Tom Keen - wherever he may be operating in world.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:18 AM
Old 03-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thank you so much for getting this started Lindsay!! I can't wait to see this ep
Old 03-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for getting this up Lindsey! Happy blacklist Thursday everbody!

I so can not wait for the episode! Besides the Luther Braxton episodes this is the one I am most looking forward too! I am just bummed that I have to wait until tomorrow night because I have to work the entire day.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, hm. I don't know if I've just gotten used to it, but this was the first time that Red has delivered one of those patented soliloquies and it didn't quite grab me. Maybe because it was just a bit too obvious that he was really talking about him and Liz? It just seemed a tad off.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I liked this episode. I love that Tom came back to save Liz The way he tried to push it away and act like he didn't care and wouldn't save her was disappointing at first, but I love that in the end he did whatever he had to do save her. Not matter how hard he fights it he just can't stop loving her. And I also love that he is still calling her.

I wonder what Tom is going to do next. I think it would be awesome if he joined the task force.

Aram with the get well card was so funny I thought his scene with Samar was really cute.

I am so happy that Cooper's treatment seems to be working on the cancer. I just hope that the side effects don't get crazy.

So glad that someone put that judge in his place. He was just ridiculous in his quest for power and it was nice that he got squashed.

I also liked seeing Red and Ressler work together again.

And I guess we're to believe that Red has always been a benefactor towards Liz because he destroyed her life and feels guilty because she lost her parents in the process?
Old 03-20-2015, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode, a really good one if you ask me.

First of all Cooper... We now know that he is the only one that Lizzie fully trusts, she said it to him. I somehow have to say that I didn't expect that but yes, it makes sense.
And Lizzie now knows about his disease. I'm sooo happy that the treatment is working and that the trail seems to be successful on him. It's no reason yet to be happy but it's at least something.

Connolly... Such an a**hole! Damn it... What is that guy up to? He'll the get the woman's (man, I still don't know her name) position of Attorney General. I really hope that Cooper is so wise to warn her! And how the hell got he involved in all of this?! I'm totally confused and lost on that. What does he want from Lizzie? This guy, I don't trust him at all and I think it all will go down to him and the Alliance and him being in Cahoots with them somehow. I can't help it. His interest in Lizzie is kind of strange, really strange.
And he's blackmailing Cooper again... This wasn't a joke at the end of the episode, this was what he is up to.

Aram was amazing! I really love that guy. The flowers in Cooper's hospital room! And the card... Damn it, so amazing! And Samar's reaction. Damn awesome.

I somehow didn't expect Red to tell the others about what happened with Tom and so on... Aram was kind of buff and didn't want to believe that's true. Poor guy. But we didn't see anybody's reaction towards her. I'm curious if there'll follow something.

Red and Ressler working together was really not that spectacular.

But Red and Lizzie Damn it, what is it with all these talks at the end of the episodes lately. He quite told her what he all did to her and how it was for him at first and how it changed and how it never will be enough. That he's doing all of it out of guilt. So, what does that mean now? Did he really kill her father (if he isn't her father)? Or is he her father and somehow left her to her own and therefore feels guilty? Had done a mistake and caused all of it to happen to her somehow?

And her final words. She got it... Yes, Red knew that they'd let Tom go to protect the task force. And he nevertheless did it. I'm wondering what her reaction will be when she finds out what really happened between Red and Tom and how she was involved in all of it.

So now Red and Lizzie are somehow equal... Maybe it happened similar with her parents? That Red was a bystander, all of it caused by him without him wanting it and when it was too late there wasn't anything he could have done? Same as with Lizzie and the harbormaster...

Tom... Pretty cool he is back. Right now I like that but I definitely won't like the fact that there might be something going on between the two of them again. Wasn't it bad enough what had happened? I really don't know how somebody can forgive something like that...
Old 03-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

why was this episode even entitled tom keen? he was a subplot, at most! i enjoyed him returning for liz on his own volition though. and everything he said about red was true. finally! my opinion has been acknowledged. anyway, i still fully expect tom to die this season... unless the tide is turning and the writers don't care what a majority of the audience thinks.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay my head is spinning right now. I just watched the episode. I really liked it but I was disapointed with the Red/Ressler/Tom scene. I really expected that we would get more of that. At least I expected that Ressler would have punched him or something but nothing.

Tom. What can I say?! I saw it. Tonight I saw it for the first time. I had some serious doubts before but he loves Liz. He cares for her otherwise he would have never come back and tell the judge that he killed the Harbormaster. That phone call in the end was very sweet. I also wonder what he will do next. How was his German this time Kris? I have a feeling it was a bit better than on the other episode.

I still think that Tom Connelly is such an a** but I am glad that he made everything disapear and made sure that Liz didn't have to go to jail. Not so happy with the fact he let Tom walk but yeah.

Red and Ressler! Finally they really got to work together without Liz. I hope they are gonna do that again cause they are a good team. I liked it how Ressler wouldn't take no for an answer when he told Red he was coming to Germany.

Cooper and Liz. God I can't even say. Amazing scenes. When he got so mad at her, the look on her face. She was so ashamed she did that too him. When he fell on the floor my heart dropped a little I was scared for him. I am glad that Liz knows what is wrong with him but I would have much rather had Cooper tell her herself but like his wife said he is a very private person. I am sooo happy he is doing better and I really hope we will be cured! The hospital scene was their best scene ever. He was genuinely concerned about her that she changed. That was really sweet. And I agree with him. I want the old Liz back as well.

Red and Liz. Even though we only got one scene, what a poweful one! Red was so totally talking about himself and Liz. And she got that. For a moment I thought he was gonna tell her about the fact that he hired Tom to watch her. You think that he though about telling her but he changed his mind?

Aram and his get well card. That cracked me up so much! Aram really is the funny note on the show.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just watched the episode... so many thoughts so I'll try not to rant.

First, Cooper was amazing in this. I seriously love his character. And I'm glad he said what he said to Liz. In the beginning and at the end. She needed to hear that. It seems that she's been getting a lot of truth about herself dropped lately. First from Ressler and now from Cooper. I hope her ears are open.

I was once again disappointed in the lack of Ressler, Aram and Samar. I did like how Ressler stuck up for Liz and forced Red into having him come to Germany. But that was about all that happened. Samar was totally right when she called him out on coming back without Tom in hand. What the heck??? It's funny that he said he wanted to go because she's his partner but since before the winter break, these two have been anything but partners. They're strangers.

Maybe it's me, but I wasn't buying Tom as the bad boy German undercover. So I hope that part of his storyline is gone. I did like how his true colors showed in the beginning of the episode when he refused to help her. I wonder what Red said or did to have him change his mind, or if he changed it on his own. Regardless, I like having Tom Keen around but I didn't like the end phone call. It seems like the writers are making these two into destined souls who really should be together. And I hate it. I even hated when they had a strong female like Samar say that Tom killing the HarborMaster to protect Liz was romantic.

I liked hearing Red's speech at the end only because it gave us info on who he may be to Liz and why he's in her life. But I'm growing a bit tired of him giving tidbits in parallels and not true facts.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Supreme Fan

I'd really like Tom Keen to be gone. When Red called him and Tom refused to help, that was revealing. He didn't care. Yes, he did return - but only after Red ruined the mission/job he was currently on. Pretty good ep.

I loved the Red/Lizzie talks .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe I'm a little bit more 'neutral' when it comes to the Tom business since I'm not a Ressler/Liz shipper but I really believe he has feelings for her. I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to say that he loves her but yeah, there is something.
Red didn't do anything. He knew from the beginning that Tom will come back because of his feelings for her (whatever it is) and he did. Even the judge saw it... And that's why he called afterwards. He wanted to know if she's okay because he cares.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either but yeah, I think that's it. And I somehow believe they'll go down the Tom/Liz road again... There will be a lot of interaction between the two of them again although I don't see Lizzie still loving him anymore. I think she might use him to get to know more about her connection to Red. I have a feeling she's going to use him.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

From that ending phone call, I think they'll definitely go down the Liz/Tom road again. If they do, I would like to see some serious steps towards Tom owning up to what he did and making amends for it. I know he was on "assignment" but he hurt her tremendously in the process.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyChelle (View Post)
From that ending phone call, I think they'll definitely go down the Liz/Tom road again. If they do, I would like to see some serious steps towards Tom owning up to what he did and making amends for it. I know he was on "assignment" but he hurt her tremendously in the process.
Or maybe they just try to show the audience that in the end it won't work anymore... Like I said before, we have no clue yet how Liz feels about all of it. I hope they focus on her feelings in one of the next episodes.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Maybe I'm a little bit more 'neutral' when it comes to the Tom business since I'm not a Ressler/Liz shipper but I really believe he has feelings for her. I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to say that he loves her but yeah, there is something.
Red didn't do anything. He knew from the beginning that Tom will come back because of his feelings for her (whatever it is) and he did. Even the judge saw it... And that's why he called afterwards. He wanted to know if she's okay because he cares.
I am a Ressler/Liz shipper you all know that and even I saw that Tom has feelings for Liz. It took me a while but lije I said earlier I saw it for the first time in this episode. If he didn't care he wouldn't have come back to help Liz out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Or maybe they just try to show the audience that in the end it won't work anymore... Like I said before, we have no clue yet how Liz feels about all of it. I hope they focus on her feelings in one of the next episodes.
I would like to know more about Liz her feelings. I just really hope they don't go down the Tom/Liz road again. They are not good for eachtother. Too much has happened, they can't possibly recover from that imo.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

I am by far, not a Ressler/Liz fan. Just cause they're partners doesn't also mean they have to end up in bed together.

As for Tom/Liz road again? It technically would not be again, would it? Because this time it would actually be real and everyone knowing exactly who everyone is and it's based not on lies.

I think that Tom would definitely need to be defined as a character though. I think they started to do that with this episode. I just love his character (plus he's hot ) and find him just so entertaining because he has no agenda outside doing his 'job'.

He was brainwashed from when he was a kid, so he doesn't know any different and doesn't know who he is. I think this is a great jumping off point for this show for any character. It could go so many ways.

Plus he's not in cahoots with Reddington. He can defend himself so Reddington can't really strongarm him into anything or hide his lies.

I just love Ryan/Tom. I want more of him on the show.

The fact that this show revolves around Lizzie and she doesn't even know how much she's being manipulated by Reddington in so many ways is quite daunting. So it's nice to have someone who is telling her not to trust him. Who has an inside track on the guy. No, not just the Feds telling him he's bad just because of his criminal activity, but who he is and his motives.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON