Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

Starting today is our towns anniversary celebration. The carnival kicks off tonight and tomorrow and Saturday is the biggest parade in the county. It's awesome and lasts for over an hour.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that must be fun to watch!

Next month our town has it's celebration. And then the weekend after I head over to Vancouver.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

The kids had so much fun at the carnival last night. My husband thought I was crazy to get there an hour before it started but we were second in line for wristbands and 15 minutes before it started there was already an insane line behind us. The kids were so well behaved. They ate junk, went on tons of rides, got their faces painted, played a game and won. Joey won a Super Mario framed picture, Peyton won this giant blue bear she had to have (then named Milda) and Krystal's boyfriend won her a small bear.
Tomorrow is the parade and then Todd's Sister and husband are coming over to swim, play Cards Against Humanity and eat with us.
I've been addicted to the Sims 3 lately.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

We're being invaded by frogs. This is the second night in a row one was in the house hopping around, without a care in the world. I don't know how they are getting in, I guess it's when we come in but I'd like to think we'd notice. At night as soon as the bugs really start coming out they start sticking to the windows and door, each window has at least 3 of them until morning and I don't mind at all, they're cute...but they loose their cuteness when they're in the house.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Ugh. I love frogs, but I definitely wouldn't like them in my house. Our house is super old so we get A LOT of spiders. Most of them don't bother me, but some are pretty big/fat.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

We get spiders too, mostly in winter though, I guess they're looking for warm places. And we still heat with wood, so they must come in with the wood at times. We've had a couple of snakes in the house...both babies. Both very unwanted! but we caught them and let them loose. I don't kill anything like that, they shouldn't be in the house, but their not hurting anything either. They have a right to live...just somewhere else.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

I don't kill things like that either. The spiders catch the flies and stuff. so I leave them alone. I am not as nice to the ants that come in though.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

When I was little I use to step on ants...but then I watched the movie "Honey I shrunk the Kids' ....and ever since then I don't kill ants either. They are such hard little workers. They can life 10 times their own body weight! That's insane, what else can do that? Although I do set up friendly home remedies to keep them out.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

I need to figure some of those out. Our house gets them so often.

I have my houseguest here. I now have a 12 year old, an 11 year old, an almost 10 year old and a 4 year old here for the week. She is better than my own, so I can't complain. Krystal is driving me nuts though.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my gosh! You're in for a loud, long & busy week! Good luck!

If you know where the ants are coming in from you can sprinkle some cinnamon down and it stops them from crossing. I find that works best. They also hate the smell of moth balls (which also keeps out mice)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Ooh I may hide some moth balls around my kitchen! We had a mouse die under our heater in our bedroom this winter and it smelled so bad. Todd finally looked for it and found it. I had assumed it was in the walls
Old 07-19-2014, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

This winter we had trouble with mice in the vehicles that were sitting. Because we have 5 trucks, but we usually only use the main two in the winter because they get around better on the winter roads. And yeah every time we'd check the trucks we'd find papers or paper towels all shredded, I guess they were trying to make nests. I feel bad for them, it was cold...but they can go live in the hay and straw and keep out of our trucks.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-19-2014, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

I feel the same way.

Our house guest left a day early because she got homesick, Krystal got real sick and Todd is working from 2-midnight tonight which leaves me with no car. No fun. I've been stuck in the house way too long.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can understand getting home sick.

Not having a car handy, sucks. You don't realize how many places you want to go...until you can't.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

I have decided that I'm going out today once Todd wakes up. They are opening a new preschool in town in a few months and I want to try and get Peyton in, so I am going to go clothes and shoe shopping and put the stuff on lay-away. Peyton also needs new earrings, She is wearing 2 different ones right now because she lost her piercing stud in one ear and nobody in this house has a matching pair of earrings this poor girl can wear. Plus if they behave McDonalds for lunch. I guess they have Mario Kart 8 toys in the Happy Meals.