Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-19-2014, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Omigosh, so I was on another site where people where talking about the finale and of course you had people who liked Bralllie and some that don't. So there was a lot of back and forth about why Brallie is right or wrong and the effect on the family. Anyway I just loved what this one poster said about Callie in relation to Brandon and Stef/Lena. They said, "she's already their child, she's just not his sister." I love that. I thought that was such a good way to put it. Stef and Lena love Callie like one of their own and they aren't going to love her any less if she doesn't end up adopted but Brandon and Callie were never going to see each other as brother and sister. It just wasn't going to happen. You can't fall in love with someone and then try to see them as your sibling.
I think her first reaction to the adoption falling through being thinking "maybe this is what was supposed to happen. I gave up so much to get adopted" and immediately kissing Brandon says a lot about what she's really feeling and maybe she needs to rethink things now that circumstances have changed. I mean for starters she isn't in the desperate situation she was before and it's not like anyone is going to let her get sent back into the foster system or anything. She's got the family she's always wanted, she's actually got two families that love her and aren't going to stop her from loving the other family. Maybe her working things out with the Quinns is what is best for everyone. She's not going to lose the Fosters. She's already a member of their family in all the ways that matter.
I'm worried about Lou too. Although I think when it comes down to it there is no choice between a girl he kissed once and who is really not right for him, and Callie the girl he never stopped loving. What I'm afraid of is that Brandon might be scared to go there again with Callie if thinks things could change and she might want to get adopted again. I don't think he could handle having to let her go again. I'm worried Callie will have to make a once and for all definite choice about the adoption before he will be with her. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, I'm just not sure if the writers are ready to let her make that final no going back choice.

One last thing- is the Christmas episode going to pick up where the finale left off and advance the plot forward? I know they live in California but it didn't seem like Christmas was even coming soon let alone right around the corner. Are we looking at a time jump? Are they going to touch on the stuff in the finale- Brallie kiss and Lou issue, Sophia possibly self harming in that bathroom, Jude and Connor's secret, Lena quitting her job? I mean is it going to be a real true episode that connects the finale of 2a and the premiere of 2b?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 08-20-2014 at 12:37 AM
Old 08-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched the episode as im a few eps behind but so happy I saw that on tumblr

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Omigosh, so I was on another site where people where talking about the finale and of course you had people who liked Bralllie and some that don't. So there was a lot of back and forth about why Brallie is right or wrong and the effect on the family. Anyway I just loved what this one poster said about Callie in relation Brandon and Stef/Lena. They said, "she's already their child, she's just not his sister." I love that. I thought that was such a good way to put it. Stef and Lena love Callie like on of their own and they aren't going to love her any less if she doesn't end up adopted but Brandon and Callie were never going to see each other as brother and sister. It just wasn't going to happen. You can't fall in love with someone and then try to see them as you sibling.
I think her first reaction to the adoption falling through being thinking "maybe this is what was supposed to happen. I gave up so much to get adopted" and immediately kissing Brandon says a lot about what she's really feeling and maybe she needs to rethink things now that circumstances have changed. I mean for starters she isn't in the desperate situation she was before and it's not like anyone is going to let her get sent back into the foster system or anything. She's got the family she's always wanted, she's actually got two families that love her and aren't going to stop her from loving the other family. Maybe her working things out with the Quinns is what is best for everyone. She's not going to lose the Fosters. She's already a member of their family in all the ways that matter.
I couldn't have said it better!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

So you think she'll live in the house and keep up the relationship with Brandon?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 08-20-2014, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

If she stays in the Fosters' house, they would probably have to keep their relationship a secret. Not sure that Stef and Lena would let them date while living in the same house together even if she isn't getting adopted. But maybe once she's had some time to think about things she'll decide to give living with the Quinns a chance. See if it could feel right. If Sophia really does hurt herself then Callie might realize there are bigger issues there than Sophia just being selfish and immature. And hopefully she will see Sophia as someone who loves her but needs some help. Maybe she will decide to be there for Sophia to help her through her stuff. And I mean the Quinns aren't going to keep her from loving and seeing the Fosters. I think she has her forever family with the Fosters whether she gets adopted or even lives with them. And that doesn't mean the Quinns can't be her family too. I don't think she has to choose between them. And if she gives the Quinns a chance, she can be with Brandon freely and openly and happily.
A lot people are so adamant that Callie get adopted by the Fosters and that if she doesn't it ruin the show and that Brallie is weird. And those people are entitled to their opinions, but I think that like I said Callie has her forever family with the Fosters and potentially more family with the Quinns. A piece of paper isn't going to really change anything in this case. Stef and Lena love her as their child already and just like how Lena said carrying any of the kids any her tummy for 9 months wouldn't make her and Stef love them anymore than she already does, a piece of paper isn't going to make them love Callie anymore than they already do. She is a member of their family in all the ways that matter.
And personally I think the weird thing would be for the writers to force Callie and Brandon to be siblings. Forcing these two people who are obviously in love each other to be brother and sister when it's just not necessary is the weird thing. They are just not siblings. It's way too late for that. So I really hope it works out with the Quinns so Brallie can work. Or could she still try to be an emancipated minor? Maybe it sounds crazy but maybe she would better off with no more indecision and fighting so to speak over her legal status. She can just be Callie Jacob (since she actually still kind of sees Donald as her father) and call the Fosters her family because they are and the Quinns too if she wants and love Brandon. And it's just her life and she lives it how she sees fit and there's no more drama. It could happen. And who knows maybe she will become Callie Foster by marrying Brandon one day. Oh and that is a beautiful video by the way. Loved it.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 08-20-2014 at 01:29 AM
Old 08-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisykd (View Post)
So you think she'll live in the house and keep up the relationship with Brandon?
I don't think she's gonna live at the Fosters so easily, I mean if the adoption is off the table she might be "forced" to live with the Quinns and tbh I kinda look forward to that because it'll be interesting to see another family (finally!), to see Callie and Sophia interact after this disaster, to see Callie develop a bond with Robert, to see Callie struggle between the Fosters and the Quinns.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Whatever happens, I just hope everything works out on the end. And if you think about it, if you like Brallie or not, everyone is talking about it, and I think that's what the writers want

I really want icons of the kiss!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And if you think about it, if you like Brallie or not, everyone is talking about it, and I think that's what the writers want
Yep
Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

That video you posted Juliana is perfect

I'll try to make some icons

Toby Regbo
Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

It's amazing
Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Do we know what date the episode is on in dec?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

I don't think we know the date yet, I guess it will be mid-December?

I tried to make some icons

Toby Regbo
Old 08-21-2014, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice icons
Old 08-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Thank you

How he looks at her

Toby Regbo