Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

♢ OITNB ♢ 10K Celebration Thread!!!!!!! Aint no party like an OITNB party!

Orange is the new Black
1 0 , 0 0 0 posts Celebration

*Preparation Thread*

Celebrations hosted by Alex Vause

[X]

10 reasons Why we love this show!

1. Because Alex Vause.
2. Because all the episodes are online in one day.
3. Because in Litchfield women come in all shape and colors.
4. Because the characters are dynamic!
5. Because the awkwardest scenes become hilarious.
6. Because there is some serious hotness.
7. Because before the show the sun was like a yellow grape.
8. Because these women are like us, they just made bad choices.
9. Because the cast is so endearing.
10. Because. secretly, we all wish we were in there with them sometimes.

➟ B o a r d H i s t o r y

01/08/13 Original Campaign Thread for OITNB created by MyLastDayWithoutYou ~ Judith.
03/01/14 The OITNB board opened.
04/13/14 b4dark ~ Tania appointed as moderator.
05/21/14 First Season 1 Rewatch.
06/01/14 OITNB board Moved to Permanent Category.
07/24/14 10,000 Posts!

➟ T e s t i m o n i a l s

I love this show because it is so emotionally raw. I love how they dive into each character and allow you to see their back story. It makes you understand them and why they are there. The actors are all amazing and really do an incredible job of being their character. You root for them, even if you don't want them to get out ever! Unfaithful ~ Sarah

I've been here since the board have opened... It's has the most amazing people you'd ever meet in one place! On top of that, Orange is the New Black is a fantastic show to discuss about. I believe the show is a genre all in it's own!

Congratulations to the board on reaching 10,000 posts! I'm looking forward to the next milestone! Tina

I haven't been posting long at this board, but when I do everyone is so welcoming. Making it such a lovely place to come and talk about this show. And it doesn't hurt that the Alex thread is full of hot gifs! Even though the show airs once a year, really, we still always find something to talk about. Here's to many more years and milestones! bandcandy ~ Em

I have been a fan of Orange is the New Black since the series first aired and I was more than happy to oblige with helping the board in it's inception. Since I have watched the forum grow with season two and watch the members blossom. I love this board along with it's mod, my chocolate and vanilla swirl and though I rarely post I love the discussions that are had there. sourburst ~ Jade

OITNB is one of those shows you can't get tired of watching over and over again, it's refreshing to see something so realistic in the tv show world. It has everything you can ask for, characters you love to hate, characters you adore, care for and even characters that gives you the occasional girl crush. It has comedy and drama and a lot of sexy times. Not to mention the cast is amazing! Add to the fact that they're amazingly talented they're also so down to earth and friendly. I honestly never thought I would be so hooked to a show that's settle in a prison but I'm so glad I am. I'm so proud to be a part of this amazing fandom. @l3jandra ~ Betty

The first time I heard about Orange Is The New Black, I wondered how a tv show about people in prison could interest me at all. To my surprise, it grabbed my attention instantly, the minute we saw the shift from Piper’s comfortable shower/bathtub scenes at home, to the prison bathroom where she didn’t have slippers, much less privacy. I connected with the character right away. And, what was more surprising to me, I found I could relate to almost every other character on the show as well. Poor choices, who hasn’t made them?

Then there was Alex Vause. What’s the thing with the way she takes off, puts on, and wears those glasses?? *thud* I never expected Alex to be my favorite character, cause the pilot episode kinda led me to believe that she was some sort of villain who had led on poor innocent Piper. Except I then came to my sense and realized Piper wasn’t innocent at all in anything that she did, she knew what she was doing. Seeing Alex call her out on it (after Piper had been portrayed like she was so perfect) made me fall for the character even more. She has everything I like in a character – strong, confident, yet still vulnerable and sensitive. Perfection. Another point for this amazing show.

And there was the Alex/Piper pairing. If nothing else had worked for me with this show, that couple would’ve done it. What a beautiful, tumultuous, passionate love story! I love how they’re not a couple that’s there just to shock or be unusual (like many shows/movies like to treat lesbian couples), it’s actually a believable relationship, with the best writing and hottest chemistry I’ve seen in a long time.

Last, but definitely not least, there are the inmates and their background stories, which break my heart and make me relate to them (sometimes even admire them, despite their dark past) and love them more and more with each episode. What’s not to love about this show??. Miss Chambers ~ Ju

When the buzz started around this show, I was familiar with Jenji Kohan’s work (Weeds) still, saying I loved it is an understatement. A show featuring women of all shape and colors, focusing on their stories through the eyes of a normal woman? Never seen a tv show like this before.

Though I joined :fanforum: a long time ago, it is my first try at being a mod (thanks Tina for encouraging me to apply) and I’m happy I started with this board: like the cast of the show (I’m so thankful that I get to fangirl on Laura Prepon again, enjoy all sides of Taylor Schilling's acting and that I discovered the talented Uzo Aduba and the exceptional Lavergne Cox), the posters are friendly, caring and funny. It’s a pleasure to be part of it. And here’s to celebrate much more milestones together. b4dark ~ Tania

➟ f i c t i o n

To The Gym @ FF
RATED: T
COUPLE: L/P
sourburst ~ Jade

➟ B a n n e r s

Tina

b4dark ~ Tania

b4dark ~ Tania

➟ I c o n s

Tina

b4dark ~ Tania

sourburst ~ Jade

Thanks everyone, you all made it possible!

Last edited by b4dark; 07-31-2014 at 11:48 PM
Old 07-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on 10k!

Wow, Jade. That Pennsatucky icon is perfection

icon: tumblr |B
Old 07-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats everyone! Amazing OP!

And thank you IKR?!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is!!!!! Hard to chose now ack I might change everyday!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's such an ugly photo I just had to do it
Old 07-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yay.

That first Alex gif!!

So happy. What icon to have...
Old 07-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

My babies are ready for that gif It skipped my body
Old 07-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You better change your icon Jade, at least until tomorrow
Old 07-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on 10k!!! The OP looks amazing

It's been really fun being here posting with all of you

Let the celebration begin!! (I'll be chasing icon everyday )
Old 07-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, I plan to use every one of them

Old 07-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that dance gif
Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aint no party like a OITNB party!!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY congrats everyone, this is such an amazing board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeeeeeeeees!!!!

Old 07-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS GIF

Thanks once again for adding my testimonial Tania

And I LOVE that the "My Body Is Ready" gif is there too