Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Piper Chapman {Taylor Schilling} #3: "I need that. I'm human. It's about comfort, right?"

W E L C O M E T O T H E 3rd T H R E A D
Piper Chapman Taylor Schilling

"I AM HERE BECAUSE I AM NO DIFFERENT
FROM ANYONE ELSE HERE."

T H E S U P P O R T E R S;
001. sourburst
002. xlennie
003. Jamie Choate
004. Redlight-Electr0
005. L i N d $ @ y
006. b4dark
007. Comfortably Numb
008. keroppi
009. Ruby_Slippers
010. Broony
011. Tina
012. YoursToHold
013. DGSAFDMD
014. ~Unfaithful~
015. @l3jandra
016. topherkraz78
017. bandcandy
018. Ron_Beckett
019. MrღMrsStinsbatskys
020. LostInTheSun
021. Alys-R
S T A N D O U T M O M E N T;
T H E M E D I A;
T H E I C O N S;
001. | 002. | 003. | 004. | 005.

T H E L I N K S;

T H E F I C T I O N;

A B O U T T A Y L O R;
+ Born July 27th, 1984
+ Resident of Boston, Mass
+ Acting from a young age
+ First major role: Dark Matter
+ Played Veronica in Mercy
+ Starred alongside Zac in The Lucky One
+ Currently plays the lead in OITNB

F U T U R E T I T L E S;
#4: This is my last blog post as a free woman.
#5: By the time I get out, there will have been, like, three new generations of the iPhone.
#6: Oh, these are like Toms!
#7: I love you. Keep my website updated
#8: I read that you're not supposed to ask that.
#9: How am I supposed to fight an old russian lady with back problems?
#10: I've been starved out, felt up, teased, stalked. threatened and called Taylor Swift.
#11: Promise me you're not watching Mad Men without me.
#12: You don't just turn gay.
#13: That I'm gonna do to you what spring does with Cherry tree but in a prison way.
#14: I used to have a temper. Now I have a passion for Justice.
#15: By all means, attribute my legitimate feelings of sadness to menses.
#16: She's been sending him picture of her tutu.

P A S T T I T L E S;
#1: My name is Piper Chapman... I carried a suitcase of drug money, once.
#2: "I'm an emotionally, manipulative, narcissist"

R E A S O N S W H Y;

T A Y L O R S C H I L L I N G;
001. She got to kiss Zack

P I P E R K E R M A N;
001. She didn't touch the Vaseline

P A S T T H R E A D S;
op credit to: sourburst

Last edited by b4dark; 12-08-2014 at 10:08 AM
Old 08-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!!!!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

^

Quote:
OITNB: Do You Love or Hate Piper? Taylor Schilling Says She’s “Just Being Herself”

There's a lot going on in Season 2 of Netflix's Orange Is the New Black, and very little of it has to do with Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), who is ostensibly the show's protagonist. Creator Jenji Kohan made no secret of the fact that plot lines were going to be more equally distributed in the sophomore season, pulling the focus away from Piper and allowing other characters like Taystee (Danielle Brooks), Miss Rosa (Barbara Rosenblat) and newcomer Vee (Lorraine Toussaint) to move into the spotlight. But Schilling says she frankly didn't even notice the difference.

"I felt like it was hard to even know that there was less of it, because what was happening felt so dynamic, and it felt like the character of Piper was moving in such an interesting way," the Emmy-nominated Schilling tells TVGuide.com. "That's what I was focused on."

With filming for Season 3 already well underway (the cast was shooting Episode 6 when we spoke with Schilling), it remains to be seen where Piper's story is headed. One thing's for sure: She'll be reunited with her on-again-off-again girlfriend Alex (Laura Prepon), who will likely be less than thrilled to learn that it was a phone call from Piper that sent her back to Litchfield.

Read our full interview with Schilling below to get her thoughts on Piper and Alex's relationship, the power trip that Piper suddenly finds herself on, and whether we'll be seeing much of Larry (Jason Biggs) in Season 3.

TVGuide.com: First of all, congratulations on your Emmy nomination.
Schilling: Thank you!

Were you surprised that so many other performances were recognized as well?
Schilling: I was thrilled. I love the performances in this show so much and I'm so incredibly proud of the cast that it just seems perfect that their brilliant work is being recognized in this way.

For you, what's the biggest difference between Piper in Season 1 and Piper in Season 2? Do you think she became more sympathetic this season?
Schilling: I didn't really think of it that way. By being in prison, she's learning even more about herself and who she is, and she's shedding even more old ideas she had about what she needs to be. And so, she got to a place with really nothing to lose. She's just ready to go. She's got nothing to lose, so she's really kind of just boldly being herself.

The scene at the end of Season 1 where Crazy Eyes (Uzo Aduba) tells Piper, "You're not a nice person" seems like it was a big turning point for her. Do you think there was a specific moment or moments that she changed or had some sort of epiphany, or was it more gradual over time?
Schilling: I think that's a great moment. I think at the very end of [Season 1], when she kind of taps into an animal part of her that wasn't there before, that's a big turning point. There are, I think, lots of moments. I think from the minute that Piper enters prison, her experience is peppered with these moments where she has to reckon with herself in ways that she never had to before she was in prison. And cumulatively, that results in her transforming.

When she makes that phone call to bring Alex back to prison, how much of that is because Piper needs Alex and doesn't want to be alone, and how much of it is her wanting to protect Alex?
Schilling: I think it's a bit of everything. I think that Piper's experiencing power in a way that she hasn't quite before. She's testing out who she is and what she wants and getting what she wants and seeing what it feels like to get what she wants. ... Her behavior and the way she's interacting with the world is shifting.

Laura Prepon told us last year that Piper and Alex's relationship is "toxic." Do you agree? Are you rooting for them, or do you think they're better off apart?
Schilling: I think that they have such a strong connection. I care about seeing them both happy. [Alex's reaction to Piper's phone call] will be a big part of Season 3.

With Larry and Polly (Maria Dizzia) now an item, is Piper's friendship with Polly over? How much will we be seeing of Larry and Polly in Season 3?
Schilling: I don't know where they're going to take that in Season 3. It would be such an interesting arc to see how [Polly and Piper] can come back together again after that sort of betrayal.

What are Piper's motivations for lying to Red (Kate Mulgrew) about Red's store being closed after she returns from furlough?
Schilling: I think that she doesn't yet know if the truth is safe, or whether she'll still be loved if she shares what's really happening. And sometimes she's more worried about manipulating [the truth] so that people like her, because that feels safer as opposed to trusting that the truth is enough.

In your mind, is Piper aware of the fact that she's manipulative? Or does she really think that she's just doing what's best for other people?
Schilling: No, I don't think she's ever consciously thinking, "I'm going to manipulate someone." I think that she's coming from a place of trying to take care of herself, or take care of the other person, and to the best of her ability trying to get what she wants. [It's just] not always in the most graceful way.

Out of all the other inmates at Litchfield, which character(s) would you like to be friends with in real life?
Schilling: I'd like to be friends with all of them, I think. That's kind of like picking a favorite child. I don't know if I can do it.

Even Vee?
Schilling: [Laughs] No.
OITNB: Do You Love or Hate Piper? Taylor Schilling Says She’s “Just Being Herself” - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 08-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

I didn't even notice there was titles in the OP. I'm such a dope!

TFNT!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT I'm so happy for her Emmy nom she's so great in this role.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 08-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

I couldn't imagine anyone else being Piper.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ yes she is! She's perfect for the role
Old 08-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new
Old 08-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
chilling: I didn't really think of it that way. By being in prison, she's learning even more about herself and who she is, and she's shedding even more old ideas she had about what she needs to be. And so, she got to a place with really nothing to lose. She's just ready to go. She's got nothing to lose, so she's really kind of just boldly being herself.
I love that.

Quote:
[Alex's reaction to Piper's phone call] will be a big part of Season 3.
OMG I hope they won't be fighting for half the season

Quote:
ut of all the other inmates at Litchfield, which character(s) would you like to be friends with in real life?
Schilling: I'd like to be friends with all of them, I think. That's kind of like picking a favorite child. I don't know if I can do it.
EXactly.

Last edited by b4dark; 08-07-2014 at 12:09 AM
Old 08-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well if they're fighting maybe one of the theories we commented before will be true
Old 08-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh I didn't want that one

Quote:
aylor Schilling @TaySchilling · Aug 1

"@WakeUp_Taylor: Bringing you a hilarious interview with miss @TaySchilling Monday! Don't miss it #MeetUAtTheRiver pic.twitter.com/Ue6Ve6H1qz"

OK now I can say this dress is very special.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm okay with that theory as long as they get back together eventually

Thanks for the pic!

Her dress looks interesting
Old 08-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3jandra (View Post)
I'm okay with that theory as long as they get back together eventually

Thanks for the pic!

Her dress looks interesting
don't say that but it's logical, they have to work on their relationship first.

interesting is an interesting choice of word
Old 08-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

That dress is like a throwback to the 80s
Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
don't say that but it's logical, they have to work on their relationship first.

interesting is an interesting choice of word
If Alex is mad because of the phone call then yes, they're going to have problems but I'm confident they will work it out soon, they can't stay apart too much

I didn't know what other word to use to describe that dress!