Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry

Icon: Nikki
Old 03-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

God, I'm so irked by this PR.
Meredith is probably bitter about whatever's going on with her and Derek, so she takes it out on Amelia. Meredith has never been unsupportive of any relationship before, but she's been so angry all the time this season, and it's because of what's going on between her and Derek I do believe. Normal Meredith would be supportive or carefree about what Owen and Amelia are doing. Of course Meredith isn't "normal" this season.
I'll choose to use how she finds out about them in Storm as my canon, because this is ridiculous.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

She wasn't supportive of Crowen either after he choked her and cheated on her.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

True, forgot about that. I can see why she might have 'concerns' about Amelia and Owen, knowing both of their histories, but I wish she didn't have to be hard on her about it. She could raise those concerns without being a bitch, like the PR makes her out to be.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well it's also just the PR.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

True. The PRs aren't always right. Like they said Maggie would get stuck in an elevator and that lasted like a whopping 20 seconds. Hopefully Mer isn't too harsh on Amelia.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt it's really about her, but I'm sure this whole Derek thing is going to affect her alot, that she might not believe in anything.. [like last episode when she was talking to Callie about Arizona's cheating]

Old 03-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

I can see her being bitter/angry with everyone, even moreso than she has been already... she'll really start to look like Ellis. I think they're trying to make her as close to "Ellis" as they can -- just hoping she will snap out of it before it's too late. Before it was Derek taking his anger out on Amelia, now Mer will probably. I gotta feel sort of sorry for Amelia. She's probably felt the rift the most from drama de MerDer.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, come on.. Ellis would never give a crap about anyone or give them any advice.

I never once saw Mer as Ellis.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

She's been acting more and more like Ellis this season, imo. Of course we don't know what Ellis was like with her friends or if she had any. She had a soft spot for Richard, we do know, and Mer has a soft spot for Derek. There are obvious differences between Mer and her mom -- Mer didn't notice her streak nor really care about it. She wanted to share that joy with her husband. Still, it's my belief that Ellis used work as her crutch to get over Richard. She ignored Meredith because she was a constant reminder of everything she'd lost and maybe blamed Mer for some of it {"He didn't want a child"} Ellis thought Richard didn't want kids, based her her statements in early seasons.

I don't believe for a second that Ellis was always cold. Losing Richard made her cold. Losing Derek would make Meredith cold, too.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess everyone has their views on characters.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

I just want to clarify something. That double standard I've mentioned before where people crucify Meredith and somehow give Derek all the understanding and benefit of the doubt? It is all over the place right now!

Are we seriously going to hate on Mer because of this episode description??? Really?!?? Ummm, I'm pretty freaking sure we should let it play out to see what happens. Oh, I don't know, like everyone is saying to do with Derek after the two sneak peeks and promos? I'm going to listen to what Derek has to say about this awful woman, and in my heart I'm hoping MerDer can eventually conquer this. I highly suggest people wait until they actually see what Mer says to Amelia and see how it ends up!!!! wth.

Not at all surprised. Same exact thing happened when they showed the sneak about the surgery streak. People judged Mer quick as lightning. And this whole Ellis 2.0 thing is so trite and overused - I mean COME ON. You know Ellis' whole "you're unfocused" speech? It was all about the things Meredith Grey does on a consistent basis such as worry what might be going on with her best friend's ex and her sister-in-law. It's called being human and having a heart, which exactly is what makes her not Ellis. Let's be real, of course she would have some emotional response to seeing her best friend's ex move on. If it were reversed, I sure as heck would expect Cristina to be unhappy if Derek moved on. Maybe Mer is worried about Amelia getting hurt because she's sure Owen is still in love with Cristina. In any event, give her a freaking break.

Oh wait. Only Derek is supposed to be given the benefit of the doubt and understanding. I forgot.

Yeah, Mer isn't freaking Ellis until she slits her wrists in front of her kids. End of story.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Preach

Hate all over from shippers and just from a press release

Old 03-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Not crucifying Mer. Not hating on Mer. Simply stating how Shonda is trying to portray it, at least from a writer's POV. Obviously we don't know how Meredith will behave towards Amelia, whether her comments are out of concern or out of bitterness are yet to be seen. Meredith HAS taken inspiration from her mother this season -- we saw that in 11x4 when she smiled watching her mother's speech. She was admiring her mother, seeing her mother in a different light. Her focus HAS been on her career this season, not her family. She stopped mentioning the kids, most likely because they remind her of Derek/make her sad. She HAS been very selfish this season. Not showing sympathy to Japril, Herman, etc. Everyone lit a candle for Japril EXCEPT Mer. I know ya'll don't like Japril, but I still found Meredith's behavior very insensitive in that episode. AND I AM NOT HATING ON HER FOR IT. I'm saying there's a REASON she's acting like this. There's a REASON writers do what they do. Meredith is allowed to be flawed.

Meredith has always feared becoming her mother. One tactic writers use is to have a character teased with their greatest fear, and keep teasing them with it. Becoming Ellis was Meredith's biggest fear for so long, so for her to come close to making the same choices as her mother is huge. Ellis became who she was, the self-centered surgeon, because she was left by the man she loves.

And trust me, there are way more people hating on Derek than Meredith. Haven't seen a single person hating on Meredith, but my twitter timeline is full of Derek hate, so much to where I had to unfollow people.

Last edited by darkxtwisty; 03-25-2015 at 02:12 PM
Old 03-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't see Meredith as selfish.. at all! So what if she's focusing on her career? Everyone does it... every mom on the show but she gets compared to her cold bitch of a mother. She didn't even notice she was on a streak, until Jo mentioned it, I'm sure Ellis would've bragged about it over and over and how good she is with everyone, we saw her in bed with the kids and she mentioned her kids are happy, they didn't show the kids much this season for some reason.. and really there wasn't even much focus on her for 3 episodes with that crappy Geena Davis storyline.
Meredith still saw the kids everyday, got them ready, fed them, and put them to bed. If Meredith is ''Ellis'' cause she didn't mention the children ON screen, than if it's truly the last time Derek saw them is in November, than what does that make him? Ellis and Thatcher combined? Sure MD were on the rocks, but he still has 2 children that needed him, and he could visit for them. He was the one away on his new job he wanted badly, while missing holidays and Bailey's firsts.

On the Japril episode, I didn't watch it but I watched her scenes, the writer wanted to make her the comic relief of the episode, which sucked cause she's more than that. She's writing episode 19, I hope she gives her more than that.

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 03-25-2015 at 03:33 PM