Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

They need Mer's involvement to up their importance

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 05-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they need her at the center and in most storylines I guess.. for them to feel important.

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Whixh is unfortunate for us, because it wont be about Mer most of the time

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 05-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

But prop whatever they have going on.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

They'll promote it as Meredith's journey, but it's not really. Everyone is sort of related to Meredith now (sans Stephane, wtf is she doing there?), but it's not really her journey anymore. Her journey ended when Derek died. What happens next doesn't matter...
Old 05-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now it's Mer's journey, Shonda even forgot the Mertina love story.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Now it's Mer's journey, Shonda even forgot the Mertina love story.
It has always been about her journey

screw what I said before...
Old 05-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't understand her journey at all. Derek was her happiness.. growing up unloved.. he's the one who loved her for who she is, with all the dark and twistiest. Now she's a widow.. and a single mom. Basically like her mother was. But the difference is she loves her kids.

What's going to be in her journey? Maybe some good professional success? She wanted more from life.. than that.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
What's going to be in her journey? Maybe some good professional success? She wanted more from life.. than that.
I don't get it either... maybe it's about how you can have more than one love in your life and how each of those contributes to your happiness... but HIMYM attempted this and failed miserably (a lot of fans hated the finale) I wouldn't understand why they wanted to go near that topic because it requires more than a one year time jump.

+ her surgical career has never been Meredith's top 1 priority. Ever since Derek was in her life she wanted to be (happy) with him and to grow old with him. Success in her career doesn't give her happiness...
Old 05-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Even in season 3, she was telling Ellis when she was lucid how happy she was with Derek. Happiness in her life was her top priority after she was robbed from that since she was a child.

Really if they bring her a new love interest, it's not going to be believable, loving someone else after the love and everything she shared with Derek. He was the one.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

At least it was the HIMYM series finale, though... not like fans had to suffer through another season of it. (I have never watched HIMYM, just know what I have heard).

Why would her surgical career be her #1 priority now that Derek's gone? I would think her kids would be more important, still. She always wanted to have it all, of course now it's been ripped from her. Naturally, that happens IRL. We want it all, and then it's ripped from us in the blink of an eye.

It's not about that he's dead for me. It's about how he died and the disrespect and the little Shonda & co seem to think Derek meant for the show's success.

Time will tell. I just wish I didn't have to see anything Grey's related in the media ever again. Wish it had ended this season and there was no more discussion. I don't need to see where Meredith's journey goes next. We know she lost the love of her life, it's tragic. I don't need to see her overcome his death and forget he ever existed.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Her kids and her job must be her top priority.. and wish they focus on that.. than bring a new man in her life.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Honestly if they go there -- giving her a new man -- I might just find Shonda personally and sever her head off.

I've been feeling homicidal lately.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish it won't happen... but sadly I am expecting an article ____ ___ casted as Meredith's new love interest.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Violet never moved on after Pete, though PrP only lasted 12 episodes after his death. Wish the same would happen for Grey's. Ratings plummet so bad ABC has to pull the plug.