Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaMOoNDa (View Post)
I just believe in Meredith more than any of you, and dont think she needs a penis to make her happy.
And now you're just coming here to spread more of your hate. Which is incredibly telling.

It's amusing you would say such a thing when there is irrefutable evidence in the posts right above you where we say over and over and over that a "penis" is not needed to make her happy. It's unfortunate you can't answer our points more intelligently than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaMOoNDa (View Post)
So no, she wasn't being a mother to her kids, so carolyn shepherd should ahve taken the kids away until Meredith got her crap togegther and realize that riggs is literally nothing.
This is hilarious, because Ellen liked tweets about the fact her kids should be shown more, NOT that she should have her kids taken away. Could you twist the narrative any more?

Oh, let's TALK about this, shall we. You're really standing behind a statement that Meredith should have her kids taken away from her? ON WHAT GROUNDS? Because she's dating? You're going to have to do A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THAT to insinuate a mother should have her children taken away from her. That is so completely mysoginistic there is zero respect for that stance.

And that nonsense has no basis to belong in Meredith's appreciation thread.

You have a little bit of a timeline problem with your tweet and your joke of a justification for it. The date stamp on that tweet is MONTHS after Meredith (once again) put herself before others and sent Riggs to Megan. Now how are you going to spin your tweet that she should have her children taken away?

The fact you say her character was destroyed is absolutely laughable when you DON'T WATCH THE SHOW. Again, what basis do you have? Because she dated, she's destroyed?

Was she strong and independent when she was attacked by a patient and literally had no voice? Was she strong and independent when she was made head of general surgery? Was she strong and independent when she taught the interns how to approach grieving families? Was she strong and independent when she fixed a guy's brain bleed 30,000 feet in the air? Was she strong and independent when she confronted one of the surgeons on Derek's case for the inept care he received.

You see, you don't believe in Meredith because you weren't cheering her on and suppporting her for any of that. You didn't watch the show, you weren't here posting, you didn't care about her. You only really care about her in the context of being with Derek. You abandoned her immediately at that point he was gone, so your opinions ring hollow on this subject. You are the one who bases your sole opinion of her in context of a man.

Your points are those of a hater whose mad she dated again. And it's horrible you would even suggest she should have her kids taken away from her based on that.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Loyal Fan

if the writers are not writing anything with the kids this is not on meredith. Go complain to writers instead of coming in here with your nagativity **** shaming Meredith ect., you were never here before since derek left and suddenly you are its no coincidence. Nathan left but at least he got his happy ending. Mer is still fairly young and unless the show ends very soon they will find her someone else are you going to hate him too?

Also she doesn't need a penis but needsDerek right?
Old 10-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

The show barely show the kids for any character. So everyone is a bad parent? Bailey, Arizona?

We respect and care about Meredith on this thread and this discussion ends here. Calling her destroyed because she chose to date a man and not worthy of motherhood does not belong on her appreciation thread. I will edit any further posts that disrespect her.

Icon: Nikki

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 10-29-2017 at 11:55 AM
Old 10-29-2017, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Meredith has proved time and time again she is an amazing mother. Anyone who truly believes in her knows that to be the case. As I posted in the thread dedicated to her and her children, she even lifts them up and tells them they're perfect when she's upset with everyone else.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Meredith has proved time and time again she is an amazing mother. Anyone who truly believes in her knows that to be the case. As I posted in the thread dedicated to her and her children, she even lifts them up and tells them they're perfect when she's upset with everyone else.
How precious was that

Old 10-30-2017, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's so offensive to say that Meredith is not the same person..
no it actually isn't offensive. Her character changed and not in the best way. Its okay to critisize a character. Doesn't make you less of a fan if you say that. For example, both Derek and Meredith were VERY out of character in season 11. The writers were completely lost in writing their characters, and it continued on for Meredith until they brought back Krista. FACT.

and I would say the same thing for Derek. His one true love is and will always be Meredith. I'm not saying all this just bc its Meredith.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

FACT. You, by your own admission, haven't watched this show in 2 1/2 years. This makes you unqualified to speak on Meredith's character during this period of time. And yes, it makes you less of a fan of hers because because even as she grieved alone you weren't there. Now, this doesn't make you less of a fan of Derek's b/c him being gone is why you stopped watching. Getting your news via twitter, etc. is not watching the episodes.

The thing is, I've listed allllllllll kinds of ways Meredith was strong, independent, amazing, and kick-ass in these past seasons and you have yet to address any of them. ANY OF THEM. You pretend they don't exist because you don't like Riggs. You only judge her by her male relationships. Including hers with Derek ... you were not as interested in her as soon as he was gone. This is FACT as shown by your statement of saying you stopped watching then. When you can fully address the scenes I've listed, then you know what she's been through.

Criticizing a character is always okay. I agree with that. You saying her character was destroyed and she deserved to have her children taken away from her is just flat-out hate. And that's what we object to. I won't ask again on what grounds you can say she was destroyed or why there is any basis whatsoever she should have her kids taken away because there are no grounds. And you're well aware of that. She effing dated. You can not like who she dated, but sl*t-shaming her is out of line. And this notion that mothers aren't allowed to date or have sex is so mysonginistic and Trumpian it makes me sick. It's the bitter hate that's a problem, not criticizing a character like you're trying to downplay it. Even when Derek left for D.C. and kissed the lab assistant I didn't go around saying how his character was destroyed. Not that it would have been okay AT ANY POINT, but your tweet about taking Meredith's kids away was almost 3 months after Meredith sent Riggs to Megan - so your excuse is hollow.

Look. We're all aware Derek is your favorite. And Meredith is ours. And we're going to appreciate her. You know very well this is our place for that. It supremely unkind of you to purposefully come here and state how if she dates again it's because fans only think she needs a penis to make her happy. It's incredibly insulting to all widows who date. Furthermore, we've stated how we would support her alone or with someone several times - so obviously we don't think she needs a penis. You should've moved on at that point.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

^^ PREACH!!

The most precious Maybe One Day

https://twitter.com/sambrooke13/stat...21042957983744 She is too cute! I LOVE this tweet/pic

Old 10-30-2017, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

And they even made her a ferryboat scrub cap!!! SO CUTE.

I've seen looooooots of Meredith Greys for Halloween on twitter and instagram. Epic character.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ikr? So adorable!

That she is every year is like that, which is amazing.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

I really want Ellen to see the baby Meredith Grey.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I wish she saw that! But wasn't on twitter on Sunday.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Listening to Ellen talk about how proud she was of Meredith's impact on people was the highlight of my day! Her interview with Justin was perfect.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same for me. it's truly amazing.

She's too cute!!

Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Our Meredith nominated for a Harper Avery. So, so proud of this character and her amazing journey to get to this point. And she was still so upset about losing her patient she wasn't in any mood to process it, but damn I hope we eventually see her understand how amazing she is. Those of us who truly love and believe in this character are HERE for this storyline ... such a long time coming.