Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm ready for the universe to be kind to her. She deserves it.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes. I want to see her succees in her career. GIVE HER THAT AWARD!!!
But also some happiness/fun personally. I wonder will they bring someone new now??

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

she doesn't need it, she's a strong and independent woman who already had that "one great love" as she so beautifully mentioned .. she's perfectly happy with her and derek's kids.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know she is strong and amazing. I am just here for her story. But she also doesn't deserve to end up alone. Kids grow up and move. Her friends will have someone. Finding someone else won't take anything from being strong.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

You’re so right, G - it doesn’t take away from her being strong at all. Strong and independent women happily have relationships all the time. None of us need a man, but rather it’s our choice to develop connections with people, romantic or otherwise.

I absolutely don’t believe every person is allotted just one great love in his or her life. There’s no limit on how many times a person can fall in love, and each relationship is different so one love doesn’t detract from another love.

She’ll be fine if she’s alone, she can survive anything, but those who adore this character want more for her than that. Meredith Grey spent virtually her entire childhood alone, and she deserves love and affection and a partner. She’s an amazing mother, but kids grow up and leave, they’re not a good substitute.

I’m so proud of her for how she’s evolved, I’m excited to see what’s next!
Old 10-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

She's not alone, she has her and der's kids. Nothing else can make her happier. right after 11x21 all we wanted for meredith was to become a successful surgeon, that derek knew she would be, and win the harper avery, be an amazing mother and be the strong woman that she is. Yet everyone else wanted her to be with anything that has a penis and wanted to erase Derek from her memory.

"Derek: If anything should happen to me, I don't want you to just be you.
Meredith: Well we would make pretty babies.
Derek: So you're thinking about it?
Meredith: Oh, I'm thinking about it." (6x19)

Its better than being with a guy that emotionally forced himself on her.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Having someone is nice for everybody its not about needing someone but its about having that companionship, that intimacy, that closeness. she is human not a robot she has feelings but any of that is taking away what she's had with derek, that part is forever in her. There is nothing wrong with moving on.

Last edited by Chanelx; 10-29-2017 at 07:38 AM
Old 10-29-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelx (View Post)
Having someone is nice for everybody its not about needing someone but its about having that companionship, that intimacy, that closeness. she is human not a robot she has feelings but any of that is taking away what she's had with derek, that part in forever in her. There is nothing wrong with moving on.
This!! Moving on won't take away from her love and memories she shared with Derek. I think it shows with the way she talks about him! Nothing wrong with moving on. So many widows in real life choose to move on. And this is a TV show after all. Actors/characters leave. New ones come. The story continues.. if not the show wouldn't be celebrating 300 episodes soon.

And she can still be succesful no matter what.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMeredith (View Post)
This!! Moving on won't take away from her love and memories she shared with Derek. I think it shows with the way she talks about him! Nothing wrong with moving on. So many widows in real life choose to move on. And this is a TV show after all. Actors/characters leave. New ones come. The story continues.. if not the show wouldn't be celebrating 300 episodes soon.

And she can still be succesful no matter what.
Exactly.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaMOoNDa (View Post)
right after 11x21 all we wanted for meredith was to become a successful surgeon, that derek knew she would be, and win the harper avery, be an amazing mother and be the strong woman that she is.
First of all, I'm unclear who you mean by "we" and "everyone else" in your post. But more importantly ...

Let's clarify your statement above: Are you saying that after 11X21 you kept watching this show, rooted for Meredith, was interested in her journey, supported Derek's widow, and tuned in for all the hopes and dreams you just listed for her? Because I used to read Patrick's board (and, further back, post there) and I specifically recall you saying you would never watch the show after that episode. Several times, in fact. No one should ever watch a show they don't want to, but it definitely puts a different perspective on this post when you seem invested about her future.

With that in mind ...
Quote:
Yet everyone else wanted her to be with anything that has a penis and wanted to erase Derek from her memory.
Again, not sure who "everyone else" is, but there will be no sl*t shaming Meredith in her appreciation thread. And I say that because these comments remind me of replying to your post on the Patrick board where you said this: http://www.fanforum.com/87694856-post285.html I've actually watched these past seasons, and I saw a broken woman devastated by her husband's death who eventually (after time had passed and a lot of healing) took tentative steps to dating again. She did so (both times) with worry, caution, second-guessing herself, and missing Derek. That is light years away from her being with anything that has a penis. I take this particular topic very personally as I have an aunt I'm close to lose her husband in her 30s. She loved him truly and deeply and was devastated. After time, she found love again and those of us who adore her cheered her on through the process and rooted for her as she began dating and DIDN'T judge her and question her love for our uncle or call say she was a different person. We were proud of her for having the strength and courage for moving forward since she still is, indeed, alive. After witnessing this in my real life, I will absolutely not be okay with people judging how others grieve, much less Meredith Grey - this fictional character I have come to connect with and has been through so much.

Quote:
She's not alone, she has her and der's kids. Nothing else can make her happier.
Quote:
be an amazing mother
Quote:
"Derek: If anything should happen to me, I don't want you to just be you.
Meredith: Well we would make pretty babies.
Derek: So you're thinking about it?
Meredith: Oh, I'm thinking about it." (6x19)
I believe this is your tweet, since I've seen you in Ellen's mentions a few times and it's the same username as here and I remember people commenting on this particular tweet:

Kinda seems relevant in light of you stating here that all she needs is her kids.

Last edited by LG Stargirl; 10-29-2017 at 08:08 AM
Old 10-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

a brilliant, well written post.

Quote:
but there will be no sl*t shaming Meredith in her appreciation thread.
Yes. Thank you. This is a thread for those who truly love, support and appreciate this character.

Last part is truly disgusting. Meredith is an amazing mother, who loves her kids. Doesn't deserve her children? Cause she wanted to actually move on? That is super offensive. A crap mother is actually the one who didn't even bother to come for her daughter's wedding. I felt for Amelia in that episode.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, G. There is nothing in the world Meredith has done to warrant having even the idea of her kids being taken away from her to be thrown out there.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Yes I did say that, bc they destroyed her character in s13/s14, she was not meredith that we fell in love with, she wasn't strong nor independent. She was putting some random guy above of her children. Even ellen liked tweets about Meredith needing to focus on her kids during that horrible season. So no, she wasn't being a mother to her kids, so carolyn shepherd should ahve taken the kids away until Meredith got her crap togegther and realize that riggs is literally nothing. When they brought back Krista thats when they brought back the old meredith, the strong one. You can see all my tweets, I have nothing to hide I just believe in Meredith more than any of you, and dont think she needs a penis to make her happy.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Meredith made it through the loss of her husband alone, was pregnant and with 2 young kids, she made it through a brutal attack alone. She went to therapy and dealt with it.

It's so offensive to say that Meredith is not the same person.. um of course she wasnt the same.. how could she be? After all that crap she went through. But you know I saw her as even more stronger than ever. Cause she made it through the hardest one could go through. The fact you are calling Meredith as a bad mother cause she was trying to move forward in her life is ****ed up. And so offensive to those who lost their spouse. Like there is NO SECOND CHANCE. Ellen also said at Paley fest she's looking forward to tell this story, of someone moving forward after death.. to give hope to woman who had to deal with this.

And every person we meet in life means something. Nathan meant something in Meredith's story. That it is okay to move forward and open up. It was good to see her smiling again. And I care about her that I want to see her succeed in her career, and also have someone in time. I definitely don't want to see her living as a nun. Like some were joking on twitter and dressed her as a freaking nun. No thanks. and end up like her mother. 6Plus I am not a writer.. sooner or later they would bring someone else like they did for everyone. Like I said this is TV when romantic stuff always take the centre stage.. there was never one character who was alone.. especially the lead character. So whether if it's this season or next.. I just know I am team Meredith Grey's journey and I will support her no matter what. Like I support Ellen and I am grateful for her for staying for so long and still bless us with her weekly dose of her and all that bring with it. Instead of bashing her show.

(One last thing if it was vice versa I doubt Derek would've stayed alone.. cause even his sister once told him he couldn't be.)

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 10-29-2017 at 11:45 AM