Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

agreed it looks more meaningful
Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

The airplane episode was soooooo good. It really was the best episode of the season, along with the episode Ellen directed. Those two stood out.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That episode was filmed in November and it aired in April.. it was so worth the wait.

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMeredith (View Post)
That episode was filmed in November and it aired in April.. it was so worth the wait.
I feel like plans changed and this episode was supposed to air earlier in the season - Meredith and Nathan had grown closer before Maggie's mother's death than this episode showed. I wonder if they were going to get them together (via the plane epi) earlier in the season?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think so. It was meant to be episode 19.. but they changed it to 20 a few weeks before

Old 05-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
oh wow i didn't know that but yes it is worth the wait
Old 05-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think so. It was meant to be episode 19.. but they changed it to 20 a few weeks before
Except the fact that Meredith and Nathan had much closer than they seemed when they first see each other on the plane. They had planning dates and mutually agreed to go out. Then suddenly she blows him off b/c Maggie's having a bad "My mom is dead" night ... and then they see each other on the plane and they acted like Meredith had decided she wasn't willing to try with him after all. And in the episode before she sought him out to go on a date? it didn't make sense.

Anyhow ... I'm still processing tonight's finale. I'll have more thoughts later. But my two initial thoughts?
1) Mer is an extraordinary human being and puts her understanding of others before her own needs. Shame on those who have called her selfish and out of character. Seriously. The way she was so compassionate with Nathan really touched me. This is exactly who Meredith Grey is.

2) I am REALLY curious how they're going to handle this storyline now ... they can do almost anything with Megan- especially since they didn't show her face. How will Meredith & Nathan interact now? I really hate waiting. It's going to be a long summer.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hate they went with this route and brought her back, I wish they confirmed that she's truly dead and there will be a closure. Than look the sister/fiancee is back..

Poor Meredith.. but agree how amazing, and beautiful her character is? LOVE HER SO MUCH and she deserves everything!

I can't think of what they might do with this.. like Meredith is going to continue to push him to Megan.. so as long she's alive I don't see them happening, and I just hate this.

Ellen and Martin were truly amazing, 2 fantastic actors, like Debbie called them too.

Some cheering up.. this bts is precious!

Old 05-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

she does deserve everything and esp happiness

i saw their moments on twitter from the finale and they're cute!
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

The bts pics are really sweet. I hope we'll get a lot of Ellen working w/ Martin again next season.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully there's tons of scenes together, I guess this SL will be the main one.. let's hope they do it right.

So cute always laughing BTS.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Nice pics.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hopefully there's tons of scenes together, I guess this SL will be the main one.. let's hope they do it right.
Yeah, even if Mer is genuinely happy for Nathan (because she's a good person), they won't be able to ignore the fact they had a relationship going. It will need to be addressed.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:05 AM
Loyal Fan

meredith is such an amazing character. she is soo genuine and generous. the happiness of her loved ones always coming first. she is amazing.

however I don't think Merthan is over. I don't believe for a second that they went through all of this in s13 to be together to end up not being together. Feelings don't just go away on command so..

I just hope its not like when Addie came to town tho. Him picking Megan and then realizing at the end of the season he's made the wrong choice. I don't want mer to be second choice again but tbh this girl has been held captive and tortured for 10 years I don't even expect them to have a relationship she probably won't even remember him. Can she even recover from this? It'll be a painful and long recovery and even then I don,t think she'll recover fully. Point is she won't be the same megan.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Yeah, even if Mer is genuinely happy for Nathan (because she's a good person), they won't be able to ignore the fact they had a relationship going. It will need to be addressed.
Agree. With Megan's return is sure going to shaken things up and it will be different for them. And I think the finale made it clear how much Meredith cares for him and there's is feelings involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelx (View Post)
meredith is such an amazing character. she is soo genuine and generous. the happiness of her loved ones always coming first. she is amazing.

however I don't think Merthan is over. I don't believe for a second that they went through all of this in s13 to be together to end up not being together. Feelings don't just go away on command so..

I just hope its not like when Addie came to town tho. Him picking Megan and then realizing at the end of the season he's made the wrong choice. I don't want mer to be second choice again but tbh this girl has been held captive and tortured for 10 years I don't even expect them to have a relationship she probably won't even remember him. Can she even recover from this? It'll be a painful and long recovery and even then I don,t think she'll recover fully. Point is she won't be the same megan.
She really is!! She's truly amazing, strong and inspiring character. And I can't wait for her to have some happiness that last more than 2 episodes!

Yeah, I don't believe they are over either.. this is their story for next season - and if it brings more screentime and material for them to work with than bring it!

I hope it won't be like season 2 either. Also we can't forget he cheated on Megan.. than things were really bad between them and ended badly, since he went there. He's a good guy. he fought for Meredith for months.. when Maggie wanted him, and also that flight attended.. but he only wanted Meredith. So yeah, I don't believe those feelings will go away.. we'll see how they will deal with it, and how they will be in the premiere. They invested so much in these two.. more than any pairing this season.

I think it's going to be so freaking hard for Megan to recover from this. It's hard when you go through a one terrible experience.. imagine years of this.. how can anyone recover and ever be okay? Probably Nathan will be the last person on her mind.

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 05-23-2017 at 10:27 AM