Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Give Ross a "Hell Yeah"

Few people can legitimately claim to know “Stone Cold” Steve Austin well; even less can consider themselves a close, personal friend of the Texas Rattlesnake. Raw announcer Jim Ross is one such person in that select handful. The friendship between these two men will culminate on center stage this Saturday night in Detroit’s Fox Theater, when Austin will induct “Good ol’ JR” and his 200X Resistol hat into the WWE Hall of Fame.

In a business where allegiances are often broken, Ross and Austin’s has formed into an amazing bond over the years. Much more than respect, there is a mutual admiration between the two men - and Ross’ passion when speaking about The Rattlesnake is second to none.

Ross has always been very proud to consider himself a friend of the Toughest SOB in WWE, and Stone Cold has always been equally supportive of Good Ol’ JR. Ross has been at ringside to call many of Austin’s greatest moments in sports-entertainment, and Stone Cold could not have asked for a better broadcaster to do so.

While Ross gave WWE fans the worded pictures, Stone Cold gave the memorable beatings. “Austin stomping a mud hole” became as synonymous with Ross as his trademark hat. When Austin was embroiled in a vicious rivalry with Mr. McMahon, it was Ross who let WWE fans know exactly what he thought of the boss and his actions, and his wishes for Stone Cold to kick the CEO’s “proverbial backside.”

On the eve of WrestleMania 23, Jim Ross will be awarded one of the greatest honors in this business, and his friend Steve Austin will be there to make sure Ross’ enshrinement is (as Ross would say), one hell of a slobber-knocker.

- wwe.com
Old 03-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

I am so happy JR is going into the Hall Of Fame.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Absolute Fan

cool.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

You can tell how many of these guys respect him even though he's not a wrestler.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

I agree. JR deserve all the respect he gets.