Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Edge did well in his tag match yesterday. I suppose 1 reason why he lost in that match was because John Cena lost a match last week on RAW & the WWE will not have the most likely #1 contender for the WWE Championship start a losing streak.

I am interested in who Edge's next feud will be with, although he will probably continue his feud with John Cena for a while. Chris Benoit is on SmackDown & currently out of action, but he is someone who has been in very good matches with Edge in the past & any Edge/Benoit match is usually terrific. The other person currently on the WWE roster that I would be a fan Edge feuding with again is Randy Orton, but of course they are both heels.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Addicted Fan

A Orton/Edge feud would be great. I think that they should get Hogan out and maybe somehow turn Randy face. Although I like both as heels better. I can't think of anyone on the roster for him to feud with.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Total Fan

Friend and I were just discussing an Edge/Orton fued last night and we both came up with the fact that one would be interesting, but friend and I would be split in regards to who to like in that scenario, but I like the possibility of maybe seeing one if it ever happens.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Edge shares a slice of Cold Pizza

By Craig Tello
July 31, 2006

Despite the absence of four corners and a coarse ring mat, The Rated-R Superstar made instant impact Monday morning on ESPN’s Cold Pizza. Interviewed by Pizza host Jay Crawford, WWE Champion Edge entered the ESPN Studio toting the gold and diamond spinning championship belt, inducing studio-wide “bling envy.”

Keeping his WWE Championship close, Edge talked about the pursuit of his childhood dream of becoming WWE Champion and the fulfillment of his dream at New Year’s Revolution this past January.

“When I was a kid, I said this is what I wanted to do. I wanted to be a wrestler,” offered a more candid Rated-R Superstar.

Voted “Most Likely to Be WWE Champion” in high school, Edge explained to Crawford that the most exciting moment of his career was winning the WWE Championship not once, but twice.

“In any industry, you want to be the top [person]…the be all, end all,” said Edge. “[Being the champion is] pretty surreal.”

Edge and Crawford then compared Edge’s signature move – the Spear – to physicality of other athletes outside of the ring, including French soccer star Zinedine Zidane, who headbutted an opposing player in the chest during the World Cup Finals.

“I go more shoulder than head,” said the WWE Champion of his FIFA imitator. “If I was to spear [Zidane], I’d break him in half.”

Agreeing that the Spear might be catching on all over the globe, Crawford asked Edge about athletes who could potentially cross over into the squared circle and find some form of success as WWE Superstars. In addition to the NHL’s hard-hitting Scott Stevens, The Rated-R Superstar said that Chicago Bears linebacker and WWE fan Brian Urlacher might have what it takes to enter a WWE ring.

“[Urlacher’s] got the right mentality: stupid, stubborn, and fearless,” said Edge.

The WWE Champion also engaged in a self-themed round of ESPN speed trivia, identifying lead guitarist for U2 (The Edge) and Arizona Cardinals’ Edgerrin “The Edge” James. Continuing the banter, The Rated R Superstar told his host that “at a WWE event, you wouldn’t even sit on the “edge” of your seat.”

“You’d be standing,” promised the WWE Champion.

Watch Edge on RAW every Monday night at 9/8 CT, live on the USA Network.

- wwe.com
Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed Edge on Cold Pizza yesterday. It is interesting Edge said that winning the WWE Championship twice was more exciting for him than winning it the first time. Thank-you for posting that Pat.

Edge is the WWE Champion, but as he said on RAW yesterday Edge is the forgotten man, although not by me & probably not by any of his fans. He has though been underused on RAW lately. I am a big fan of Edge being the WWE Champion, but he needs time to shine on RAW as WWE Champion & that has not happened very much at all since he defeated Rob Van Dam for the WWE Title on July 3rd. If he continues to be underused on RAW, then a move to SmackDown could likely give Edge a big boost & more time to shine.

The WWE 2006 Unforgiven Pay-Per-View will take place in Toronto, ON. That is of course Edge's hometown, so I am hoping that he somehow successfully defends the WWE Championship at Summerslam & then of course succssfully defends it at Unforgiven if he has a WWE Title match at that PPV.

Last edited by canflam; 08-01-2006 at 02:11 PM
Old 08-02-2006, 06:02 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam
I missed Edge on Cold Pizza yesterday. It is interesting Edge said that winning the WWE Championship twice was more exciting for him than winning it the first time. Thank-you for posting that Pat.

Edge is the WWE Champion, but as he said on RAW yesterday Edge is the forgotten man, although not by me & probably not by any of his fans. He has though been underused on RAW lately. I am a big fan of Edge being the WWE Champion, but he needs time to shine on RAW as WWE Champion & that has not happened very much at all since he defeated Rob Van Dam for the WWE Title on July 3rd. If he continues to be underused on RAW, then a move to SmackDown could likely give Edge a big boost & more time to shine.
ITA, as he said he's the forgotten man in the company it seems, though I wish that he would get more of a bigger boost sure being a heel is giving him something but like you mentioned he's becoming underused, IMO I don't like it as I think he's paid his 'dues' in the business and I've been a fan of his from the beginning, and while I'm happy he's champ, I'm not liking the underused-ness. IMO, his fued with Cena is a bit, well overdone.

Psst if you need the Vid of him on CP, PM me, I can get it to you ASAP

Last edited by Pixie Queen; 08-02-2006 at 06:15 AM
Old 08-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I Edge. He's my third favorite superstar.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank-you Pixie Queen. That is very kind of you for offering to share your vid of him on PC. I am interested in that.

Everyone If Lita does not re-sign with the WWE soon assuming that she has not already done that & her contract expires then that will make of course a huge impact on Edge's character in in the WWE. Lita has helped Edge become a better heel & withot her Edge's character could take a tough blow. It is interesting because Edge & Lita are currently ''married'' in their storyline.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anyone else notice that Edge broke character on RAW this week after he speared Trish? I do not not blame him though for showing some concern for her. That was a tough stiuation & hopefully evrything turns out alright.

I posted in this thread that Edge's appearance on ''Mind of Mencia'' was scheduled to air on August 8th, because that was what I read on pwinsider.com, but, his appearance on ''Mind of Mencia'' did not air on August 8th, but it was of courrse announced on RAW this week that it will air this Sunday instead, so my bad.

Last edited by canflam; 08-09-2006 at 01:35 PM
Old 08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Thank-you Pixie Queen. That is very kind of you for offering to share your vid of him on PC. I am interested in that.

No problem. Happy to help.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Edge is great. He's very nice in person. I like him alot.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Edge is great. That is awesome that you got to meet him Crystal_Scott.

Summerslam is of course next Sunday & although there is the stipulation that if Edge gets disqualified he will lose the WWE Title, I expect him to win that match because he has not yet successfully defended the WWE Title on PPV yet. It makes the most sense to me if Edge successfully defends the WWE Title at Summerslam next Sunday & then does it again in Toronto next month. Edge has earned a long WWE Title reign & I hope that his current WWE Title reign is just that.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I too think that Edge has earned a long title reign canflam.

I am curious what will happen next for Edge, if Lita does leave the company.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anyone catch Edge on Mind of Mencia yesterday? I forgot he was on & missed it, although it will probably re-air sometime in the near future.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Did anyone catch Edge on Mind of Mencia yesterday? I forgot he was on & missed it, although it will probably re-air sometime in the near future.
I did, it um, well, I'm at a loss at how to describe it I have the vid, stored so I'll PM a link to you sometime tonight.