Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy/Lita Appreciation #25: Bc her mark in the WWE will never be erased!

~ Welcome to the Amy/Lita Appreciation Thread ~

The remarkable woman behind Lita....

....see her just once in the ring and you can never forget it. The breathtaking off-the-top-rope fearlessness that she shows keeps you on the edge of your seat. You simply can't believe she's going to be able to pull off the move, and then Amy takes it to the next level. That's her reality, that's why she is a WWE superstar.

"What you see is what you get" has never been more appropriate than when speaking about Amy. When she steps into the ring as the bad-ass, never-say-die, alluring punk girl, she's not playing a role, she's just called something different. The WWE named her Lita, but she's just being Amy. I think this is the reason she is one of the most popular female wrestlers of all the time....because she's real.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Amy Dumas Facts:

Full Name: Amy Christine Dumas
Birthday: April 14, 1975
Height: 5'7
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair Color: Red (naturally blonde/brown)
Eyes: Hazel
Shoe Size: 8
Current Residence: Sanford, NC
Parents: Christie and Mike
Siblings: 1 younger brother, Billy Dumas
Pets: Louie (fostering), Lucas (newest puppy), Mason (passed away), Cody (passed away)

Signed With WWE: November 1, 1999
Debuted: February 13, 2000
Career Highlights: WWE Women's Champion (2)
Injuries: 3 complete breaks in neck and ruptured disc between C6 and C7 vertebrae, Torn ACL and Meniscus, Broken tooth, Scapula popped out of place.
Federations: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment - Current), ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling), MCW (Maryland Championship Wrestling), MCW (Music Championship Wrestling), OMEGA, NWA Mid-Atlantic, CMLL (Mexico), FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling)
Trained: Arena Mexico (Kevin Quinn and Ricky Santana), Steel Domain Training Center, Mid-Atlantic Wrestling School, Matt and Jeff Hardy, The Funking Conservatory (Dory Funk, JR).
Names Wrestled Under: Lita, Miss Congeniality, Angelica
Retired: 11/26/06

Favorites

Movies: Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Big Top Pee Wee, Barbwire, Wedding Singer, Gleaming the Cube, North Shore
Band: 7 Seconds
Album: Walk Together, Rock Together by 7 Seconds
Season: Summer
Book: Lord Of The Flies by William Golding
TV Shows: WWE Shows, Trading Spaces, Animal Cops and Animal Precinct

Amy's Charity: A.D.O.R.E (Amy Dumas Operation Rescue & Education)

Official Theme Song: "Lovefurypassionenergy" ~ Boy Hits Car

She's like a lost flower, growing out through a crack
In the bustling sidewalk, moving like a river so sad
So hey, where we going? Tell me where we've gone.
Was there love and fury, energy and passion

So ******your rules man, you step up, you'll go down fast
I've got to release all the, stuff that has made up my past
So go paint your face and proclaim thy warrior soul
Cause life is a brutal, fight until we show

A shade of timelessness, for we are all distinct
and a waiting hour, transcendental release
So ******your rules man, you step up, you'll go down fast
I've got to release all the, stuff that has made up my past

So go let your soul dance baby, time to free yourself at last
Unshackle your life's spirit, pry away from the past.
Cause it's gone like a lost flower growing
With mad wind. like a sad river, who has no end.

Quotes about Amy:

- "A tremendous competitor, no matter her gender. With a hellacious tattoo on her shoulder." ~ JR

- "She has broken the bold in women's wrestling with her unique look and style. No longer do you have to be a blonde Barbie doll to be considered a sex symbol." ~ Matt Hardy

- "My long lost then found sister, and the best female wrestler on the planet." ~ Jeff Hardy

- "Outside of the ring, Lita became a role model for young women everywhere. It wasn't simply that she was beautiful and athletic, but she maintained her individuality, and that, above all, connected her to millions of fans."

- "Amy changed the face of women's wrestling...she shocked the fans, not only because of how beautiful and athletic and daring but she had something about her that made fans not be able to take their eyes off her."

- "She is a credit to all WWE Superstars and should be looked at as a role model for WWE Divas that follow her."

- "Lita has left her mark on WWE and it will never be erased." ~ JR

Amy Quotes:

- "If it's not in your heart you're not gonna make it. At the end looking back, you know its worth it."

- "That's one of the great things about wrestling....it's like being a rock star for people who don't smoke cigarenttes"

- "If everybody looked the same, that would be completely boring. Do what you love to do. I'm definitely not saying dye your hair red and get a big tattoo on your shoulder. Just be yourself. Don't let society dictate to you...you dictate to society."

- "Remember this although timing in life is everything, memorable moments in history don't just happen! Do something...stay positive!"

- “Now is the time to try new things for me, and to not regret things I didn’t do later on. I’m just going to roll with it and see where this new direction in life takes me, and I’m open to whatever possibilities do or don’t come my way.”

Last edited by Jordan23; 12-01-2006 at 06:30 PM
Old 04-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tattoos/Piercings:

- Back of Neck- "Rebel"

The tattoo on my neck I got just because I had turned 18, it says "Rebel" in Russian. But it actually means "Iconoclast," which is a form of rebel. But rather than having to explain, I just give them my abbreviated answer.

Right Shoulder- 3-Eyed Demon Tattoo:

The tattoo on my shoulder I got as a souvenir traveling around Europe, at a pit stop in Amsterdam. As big as it is, people are kind of shocked that it doesn't really have a deep meaning behind it other than that I've always been independant and spontaneous, and it's kind of the antithesis of that.

- Inside of Bottom Lip "Punk":

The tattoo on the inside of my lip I got when I was living in a group house with about 10 people, including a band and a tattoo artist. I was the guinea pig for that artist. I held my own lip, and he tattooed it.

- Piercings: 2 snake eyes

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Wrestling Moves:

- Moonsault

- Litacarana

- Twist of Fate

(thanks Becky and Sunja)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Hazards of the Job:

Last edited by Jordan23; 09-03-2006 at 04:52 PM
Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thru the Years.....

Debut:

Risk-taker:

Team Xtreme Member

Women's Champion:

Sidelined:

Big Return:

Women's Champ Again:

Sidelined Again:

Greatest Women's Champion Ever!!

Retired (11/26/06)

"I’ll have a lot of memories with me and a lot of experiences with me but I’m ready to keep moving ahead." ~ Amy

Last edited by Jordan23; 12-01-2006 at 06:22 PM
Old 04-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Belated Amy Dumas....April 14th.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dawn Marie Mentions Lita in Interview:

Lita? -- Dawn: Great girl. She's a loyal friend. I've known her for many years. She was exceeded anything I thought she could ever accomplish from when I first met her and I'm very proud of her.

How did she exceed your expectations? -- Dawn: No, I just met her when she first started. And when you first meet someone and you see them so raw and green and just learning and just starting, I would have never thought she would be the superstar and the person she is today in the business. Not due to anything character-wise that she was lacking. Just I never thought she'd become the star she is. I'm very proud of her. Very proud of her. And she's handled it very well. And she's not a yesser. And I'm proud of her for that, too. She sticks up for herself regardless of the wrath afterwards, whatever is going to come after her afterwards. I respect her for that. She's not a kiss ass. I'm very proud of her.

Does she love the wrestling business? -- Dawn: Loves it. In her heart, in her bones, loves it. Very few women have that quality. Also in Foley's latest blog, when talking about Wrestlemania he mentions Lita: "And I can only wonder what was going through Lita’s head as she went for her little piggy back ride over the top rope — the most dangerous part of an out-of-control, 700-pound package. She was a vital part of the match. If, indeed, the fans’ opinions and the passage of time deem the match a classic, it will be in no small part because of her."

(credit amy-net.org)
Old 04-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey all I still love Amy/Lita I mean I may not like her chioce of who she is with, but she is one hell of a competitor in that ring. I didn;t know she had a tattoo on the inside of her bottom lip I hope she gets in the ring soon I miss her in action.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ hey Jessica, nice to see you by here again. Love the NH avi btw.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey thanks Pat it's good to be here every once in awhile. I too love my avi, but glad you love it too I just loved that scene.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want Lita back in the ring damn it!! Especially now that Mickie has the belt...they'd definitely have some really good matches.

Old 05-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Absolute Fan

i bet getting that lip tatoo hurt like heck. i don't get to see much of Lita cause i don't have cable but she's still one of my favorites.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ in the Team Xtreme days....
Old 06-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

<-- new Lita related avi.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been One Of Her Biggest Fans Since her Debut and can't wait for her return to wrestling.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ welcome

Old 06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NEW: WWE Summer Special Magazine Scans

^ ^ Amy's on the right side next to Kurt.