Ultimate Fan

Their song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhh_xgKCVH4

Thomas Sharpe & Edith Cushing
lulinha_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulinha_k (View Post)
He wouldnt have let Edith die. When he is talking to Lucille and he says that he can't leave her, you can se the hatred in his eyes.
I think we have wildly different interpretations of the film, because I didn't see hatred. You could see that he was furious when he said "Lucille, stop it" and then I just saw the growing realisation and acceptance creep in that she was right that he would be hanged for his crimes and he can't just walk away with no consequences. I can't see how that can be seen as hatred.

Quote:
I think Thomas was pretty much responsable for his actions, but he was under Lucille's influence... He didnt kill Allan when Lucille orders him to do so.
Exactly. He doesn't do what Lucille tells him to do. He chose Edith against Lucille's advice too. He makes plenty of his own choices, so I'm not sure why we have to pretend all the bad ones are because Lucille told him to do so and he has no choice. He makes plenty of unsavoury choices himself.

Quote:
And Lucille tells him he loves Edith more than her before she kills him and he confirms that to her.
I just got back from seeing the film again and that didn't happen. He didn't answer her when she said that, because he had already started his we have been dead for years speech. I think that scene really is meant to make it clear that he loved them the same amount. I'm not saying it was the same kind of love, but I don't think it's purpose was to show that he loved Edith more than Lucille, rather that he couldn't let Lucille go either.

Quote:
I have no problem with you here. As long as we keep the debate healthy, it is fine.
I think we will probably just keep going around in circles, so it's ok. I'm probably coming across like I don't like Thomas when I do, I love his character. Same with Lucille! But I just don't have the desire to try and excuse what they did as okay, or blame one character for the others actions. They both were serial killers at the end of the day.
moulinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

We do have wildly different interpretations of the film indeed.

I did see hatred in his eyes. As someone who was regretful of everything he did and felt anger that he couldn´t leave (the situation as a whole). I also just watched the movie last night and when Lucille tells Thomas he loves Edith more than her he looks at her and did agree with her. He didnt say "Yes I do", but you can see in his eyes and his little nod with the head. So does Lucille. She sees it too. That´s why she get´s so desperate. He could have just said "No, not more than you" and she would stop freaking out. He did that earliar, when he was all happy because his machine was working and he said he couldnt wait to show it to Edith and Lucille says furiously that "SHE DID THIS" with him. Immediately he takes back his words and says "Yes. Just you and me, just us and no one else". He didnt do that in the bedroom. Because he couldn´t lie to her about that.

If Thomas didn´t fall in love with Edith, he would just let her go end keep living with Lucille at Allerdale Hall. Or ran away with her later. But he wanted this shot at a new life. He much said so to Lucille. They can leave everything behind. All the horror and the pain. He would never leave her there and run away with Edith. He loved Lucille too and cared for her and wanted her to feel the same love he was now capable of feeling with Edith. He was full of hope. His love for Edith made him realise that he could be happy. That they had a chance.

It´s fine. I know it´s seems like I don´t like Lucille, but I do. I even thought her scene with Thomas was pretty hot lol

I have no problem debating the movie. I think it´s fine. But we are running ir circles.

Last edited by lulinha_k; 10-29-2015 at 01:33 PM
Old 10-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Back to my shippery side

It just amazes me how much he wants her

Old 10-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

he didn't dare to do it in the house
Old 10-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh well, he did try when they were in the attic and he was showing her the toys he made for Lucille. But Lucille and her keys sort of interrupeted them lol

Old 10-30-2015, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

just when he thought he was safe!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

I know right! lol

I am going to watch the movie again for the fifth time tonight. Hope I can pick up a few more details about them

Last edited by lulinha_k; 11-02-2015 at 12:43 PM
Old 10-31-2015, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

I went to see the movie again last night. I can't get over them

Last edited by lulinha_k; 10-31-2015 at 08:38 AM
Old 10-31-2015, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

They were cute.

I know a lot of people laughed at Thomas for saying he will take Edith with him to the post office. But if you think about it it does make since if I'm not mistaken the post office was considered a social gathering. Everybody lived so far apart from each other the closes neighbor would be a mile away maybe more. This was the only time everyone would be in one place at the same time and talk to each other. Poor Edith so cut off from everyone Thomas and Lucille might have been use to it but Edith didn't grow up that way she lived in the city.
vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

LOL I know right. I agree! And I need to confess that I kind of laughed a little bit too. But I think that this situation only shows how new the whole thing was for Thomas. He problably never asked a girl out for real, never had a date. He wanted to take Edith out of the house and the only place that came to his mind was the post office.

“It’s incredibly romantic after the manner of the great gothic romance novels; and there’s a big ball and they dance and look into each other’s eyes and fall head over heels in love which is really against the wishes of many, many people in the room who have other plans for their family members.” [Tom Hiddleston]

We have lots of possible titles just there

Old 11-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

https://soundcloud.com/aryxiddleston..._medium=tumblr
Old 11-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

The whole soundtrack is so powerful, intense and so freaking beautiful!

Just like they are!

Old 11-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

I thought this was so heartbreaking and beautiful

Old 11-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Ladies whenever possible please edit your post when you want to add something else and don't post directly after yourself. Thanks!

k r i s tine | my art
love on the brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread