Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fan Photos #2: Duck face is out, goofing around is in, Tom photobombing is always welcome.

Previous Threads
01 | 02 | 03
Old 09-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by always be my baby (View Post)
They look durable. More durable than shoes that I have bought, but they usually last me two years, so fingers crossed for those boots!
Do you a lot of shoes? I know it's many people's favorite thing to shop for, but I'm too poor to get many pairs and usually always go for stuff that can last me long and go well with half my wardrobe.
Quote:
I love makeup and have experimented with practically everything I see at the cosmetic stores here, but I never explored with lipstick colors. I'm a little boring when it comes to lip colors because the bolder ones just look terribly prominent on my face. The most bold I can go is a peachy coral, BUT do I love eyeshadows! I'm more daring when it comes to that over lipsticks. I'm too much a chicken to try anything new on my fat lips
Eyeshadows are fun! And more fun to apply and play with than a lot of other cosmetic items.
That said, I doubt I'll ever learn to make a good smoky eyes look.

Just like contouring is a complete mystery to me.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!

I hardly wear makeup. It's too early to try to look good at 4 in the morning. They're lucky I decide to even brush/comb my hair at all.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I hardly wear makeup. It's too early to try to look good at 4 in the morning. They're lucky I decide to even brush/comb my hair at all.
I feel you on the early mornings.
I usually stick to covering pimples or the bags under my eyes if I have them, then, and mascara.
I usually only go fancier at night/late afternoon, when I have the time and I'm fully awake to see clearly in the mirror.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Do you a lot of shoes? I know it's many people's favorite thing to shop for, but I'm too poor to get many pairs and usually always go for stuff that can last me long and go well with half my wardrobe.
I don't have a lot, but I do love shoe shopping when I can squeeze in a new pair in my budget. The thing I hardly shop for is jewelry. I love earrings and rings, but forget bracelets and necklaces.

Quote:
Eyeshadows are fun! And more fun to apply and play with than a lot of other cosmetic items.
That said, I doubt I'll ever learn to make a good smoky eyes look.

Just like contouring is a complete mystery to me.
The smokey eye is tricky. I still have problems doing it, but here's a palette I use- Smoked Eyeshadow Palette.
I love the pigmentation in Urban Decay's shadows, but the fall out can be a pain. I make sure to apply it on first before foundation because it gets messy.

I don't have the patience or money to contour
I hate the idea of buying a darker shade of foundation and a decent contour brush only to waste the money I spent on it, if I can't do it right. I made this mistake with false lashes.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by always be my baby (View Post)
I don't have a lot, but I do love shoe shopping when I can squeeze in a new pair in my budget. The thing I hardly shop for is jewelry. I love earrings and rings, but forget bracelets and necklaces.
I love earrings - the only jewellery item I wear almost every day. I'm too clumsy for rings, and you can see necklaces and bracelets on me only rarely.
I only buy super fake stuff, though. I only have a few gold things passed to me by my mother.
Quote:
The smokey eye is tricky. I still have problems doing it, but here's a palette I use- Smoked Eyeshadow Palette.
I love the pigmentation in Urban Decay's shadows, but the fall out can be a pain. I make sure to apply it on first before foundation because it gets messy.
Applying foundation for last is a good tip, must try that.

Have you ever tried anything from Makeup Revolution? I've read that they make a lot of dupes of UD and other famous brands. I never tried them because you can only get their products online here.
Quote:
I don't have the patience or money to contour
I hate the idea of buying a darker shade of foundation and a decent contour brush only to waste the money I spent on it, if I can't do it right. I made this mistake with false lashes.
I've been considering fake lashes because of my envy for Evans' Bambi eyes , looks like they are a bitch, though.

Not only I wouldn't know where to start with contouring, but I'm pale almost all the time, even in summer, so I fear I would look like a clown if I tried that.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Oh me too. I like I get my earrings from Forever 21 and they have them cheap starting at $5 for a set of 3 or so. I'll wait for the right man to come in my life to buy me the real stuff

I never heard of Makeup Revolution. I don't think we carry them here, but dupes help esp when makeup is expensive. We have a brand here called Elf and they have stuff for a dollar

You can always try to buy a highlighting powder that will give you a glow? I have one from MAC in the shade Fairy Precious and it works great as a blush too.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I buy super cheap earrings, too. Always get a ton during sales - it's fun to wear a different pair every day.

Makeup Revolution has eyeshadow palettes at 4-8 dollars. I'm waiting for some big brand to sue their asses for copying, though.
I just checked their site and they're located in UK, but they've started opening stores in Spain, too. They delivery internationally, though.

I've got no MAC store in my region, I never entered one. I should go check it out next time I'm in Rome. They started as brand for professional make-up artistis, right? Their stuff must be good (and expensive ).
Old 09-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Yep. You should give it a try. MAC is great and is probably my favorite, but I can only afford it once a year when I get my tax return. They are pricey, but their products will last you a long time (usually 4-6 months with me). I usually buy their Studio Fix foundation because it's great on my oily skin. Other brands I have tried made my face look shiny, but MAC gives a matte and porcelain finish which is what I'm looking for. I haven't regretted anything I bought from them.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll keep the name of that foundation in mind - I have combination skin and I'm always looking for mattifying products.

How are their lipsticks? That's the product I hear most people rave about, along with the blushes.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Today I spent more money that I actually shouldn't be spending. *cough*

Found this jacket for €8, and just couldn't leave it there for that price:

That's my dumb curly hair, btw.

Then I went to check the new fall limited edition Paris Experience collection by Pupa, and wanted to BUY ALL THE THINGS, because blues and violets everywhere. *____*

I got the cream eyeshadow in the peacock shade:

And the nail polish in the same color:

And the prettiest of them all, the Berry Violet lipstick:

...But I also want to go back for the lilac/orchid/dark fuchsia:

I'm trying to talk myself out of it.
I'm always very dangerous when I finally get paid old extra work.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Very niiice!
I love the colors and the jacket is sweeeet!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know, it's weird because I've spent most of my life using very little make-up, and when I did use it, I never "dared" much with colors - always very neutral, discreet shades for both eyes and lips.

...And then in the past year or so, I just went "oh fck it".
Old 09-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ooh I love the blue!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

great jacket and curly hair is the most wonderful, don't you know!