Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I was off today and did some shopping for therapy after the week I had. I bought some flats, some tops, and a contouring kit

k r i s tine | my art
Old 06-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Treat youself, gurl!
And show us what you got!!

BTW, I wanted to ask you for advice - which one would you get between these two?

Balm Voyage®

Balmsai®

They are on sale on another website and I am tempted.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Treat youself, gurl!
And show us what you got!!
I'll get pics up tomorrow. I got a contour and highlight kit because I want to practice that, so I hope it's not a disaster the first time I attempt it

Quote:
BTW, I wanted to ask you for advice - which one would you get between these two?

Balm Voyage®

Balmsai®

They are on sale on another website and I am tempted.
Ooooh! I like them both, but probably the first one for the bonus lip and cheek creams. They also look like matte finishes, so that's a plus too.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 06-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lights (View Post)
I'll get pics up tomorrow. I got a contour and highlight kit because I want to practice that, so I hope it's not a disaster the first time I attempt it
If you get the hang of it, teach me!
I do apply highlighter now (...when I remember ), but I'm utterly scared of bronzers and contour powders. I just stay away from the first, and with the latter I always end up blending it so much, for fear it will look too harsh/heavy on my very fair skin, that I basically end up taking off almost all the product I originally applied.
Quote:
Ooooh! I like them both, but probably the first one for the bonus lip and cheek creams. They also look like matte finishes, so that's a plus too.
The first one is my favorite, too - although actually most of those shades are shimmery and only look matte in the pan (there are 5-6 mattes out of 16), but it's not crazy/glittery shimmer, most have a satin finish.
And I was gravitating toward it more than the other palette also because the shades are a bit lighter - I don't use dark colors that often, other than a bit in the crease/outer corner.

At least I've tried to stay away from getting more lipsticks lately.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Hi Fran and Kristine (and any other visitors)!

I didn't know where else to post after being away for so long so I came here to some familiar faces. If I can get back into a posting rhythm then I'll probably go back to posting regularly at the celebrities board (I'm surprised it's still up after the warnings it had gotten a few months ago) and here as well. What would definitely get me back to being a regular poster though is if Fifth Harmony gets their own board. I just went to vote in the forum poll and I saw that they're in the lead! You've probably already voted but if you haven't can you please help out? Every vote counts and I'd greatly appreciate it!

Aside from that, how's everyone? I'm doing well for the most part, and I'm about to start a new job as a shift manager for a restaurant. I say this every time I return to after a hiatus but maybe this time it'll stick: if I can manage my time between work, personal errands, social media, and entertainment, then I think I'll be able to have time to post often around here and other boards. Wish me luck!

As for the little survey above, I can see why the top choice would be better if you like lighter colors, but I would've said the bottom.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 06-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome back, OB!

I hear you on struggling to juggle work, personal life and time online. I've been very inconsistent with my posting lately because my days were just so full. I hope I'll be able to be around more soon, as well.
Best of luck with your new job! I hope you can get settled soon, and find out how to squeeze some quality time in your days. It's always nice to see you around and have a chance to chat.

And also good luck with the poll. I had already voted so I can't help, sorry, but it looks like things are already going great for your favorite!

You know what. When I'll have the money I'll get the second palette, too, so I won't have regrets over the colors I've been missing on.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Hey OB! Good luck with the new job. Sounds exciting!

Did you end up buying the first one than, Fran?

k r i s tine | my art
Old 06-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Did you end up buying the first one than, Fran?
I did!

...And because I couldn't leave any money in my wallet, I ended up ordering this brush and this other palette, too, both by Zoeva.
Now abstinence from make-up shopping until fall!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, OB! Nice to see you pop in!
Old 06-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had the afternoon free yesterday, so of course they thought it was a good idea to let me babysit my cousin.
She is a pest. 24 hours later and I have yet to recover.

Tomorrow is another busy day, but Saturday means peace, finally.

Good week-end, everybody!
Old 06-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Ugh, some things I need to get out. I wish I wasn't so sensitive and get attached to people like I do. I thought I was over this person, but accidentally getting reacquainted with him the other day assured me that I wasn't. I kept my distance for so long to grow apart, but nothing has changed because I still feel the same

k r i s tine | my art
Old 06-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ugh, some things I need to get out. I wish I wasn't so sensitive and get attached to people like I do. I thought I was over this person, but accidentally getting reacquainted with him the other day assured me that I wasn't. I kept my distance for so long to grow apart, but nothing has changed because I still feel the same
I know how painful that can be - I've only ever cared about a person once and it took me years to get over him.
But times does help - eventually - and even seeing and talking to him will get easier and easier, even if it might be a very slow process.

Will you be seeing him often from now on?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I know how painful that can be - I've only ever cared about a person once and it took me years to get over him. But times does help - eventually - and even seeing and talking to him will get easier and easier, even if it might be a very slow process. Will you be seeing him often from now on?
It is hard. It took me years to get over my first, but at least we were exclusively together. This guy on the other hand though we never were, but I always felt we were on the verge of having something more than friendship. I developed feelings for him and I know he did as well. We went out for a few drinks in the past, but some things happened that upset me and we never got there. I kept my distance from him to shake off my feelings because I didn't want to be hurting. The other day we met again and my feelings for him came back and I'm not sure if he still feels the same and I'm afraid to ask and make a move. It's been a year and I don't even know if he's single or not. It's just unfulfilled and I'm not as positive about us as I was back than. I just keep thinking what if I didn't get so upset and didn't ignore and push him away like I did? We really had a chance and I screwed it up. Ugh. So sorry I'm blabbing. I been thinking about this for days now, but thanks for listening, Fran! My friends are tired of hearing it . They keep telling me it must be close to that time of the month because I'm so emotionally worked up.

k r i s tine | my art

Last edited by love on the brain; 06-15-2015 at 11:02 PM
Old 07-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Well so much for me coming back regularly but Fifth Harmony got their board () so I might just have something drawing me here often

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 07-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

happy dance happy dance I'm On Vacation! happy dance happy dance

And I have absolutely nothing to do! I saw 2 movies so far. A Little Chaos (liked it) and Mad Max Fury Road (didn't like it). Now, I don't know what to do with myself for the rest of the week.