Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

You're welcome!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 05-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

#TEAMCHEESEYAY

I have a million things to do tomorrow and I had sworn I would go to bed early tonight. But here I am. /lostcause
Old 05-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Good luck with all of that, Fran!

I been so unproductive today because of the CP trailers and I will continue my unproductive schedule tomorrow as well

k r i s tine | my art
Old 05-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

why that name-Amber Lights?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
why that name-Amber Lights?
It's my favorite eyeshadow shade from MAC that I use religiously

k r i s tine | my art
Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

...I didn't see that coming! Beautiful shade, btw.
Do you love their eyeshadows as a whole? I've heard that the quality is not that consistent and you should check them out shade by shade/finish.

And speaking of MAC, I gave in and got All Fired Up. I L O V E it, but I feel like I'll never like another lipstick as much as I love their first one I got, Flat Out Fabulous. I've seen other lipsticks I like from their range, but most of them are dupeable in terms of color.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Old 05-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

You're welcome, Mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
...I didn't see that coming! Beautiful shade, btw.
Do you love their eyeshadows as a whole? I've heard that the quality is not that consistent and you should check them out shade by shade/finish.
It's really beautiful. I first bought it last year and was hesitant, but it's a really warm color that goes great on any skin color.

I don't own a lot of MAC shadows, but yeah it all depends on the finish. Whenever I do buy their shadows I usually try to buy the mattes because they're not messy, but Amber Lights is a frost finish with the shimmer. Shimmer shadows are famous for fall outs, but whenever I use shimmer I put on UD's eye primer in Sin which is for shimmer and prevents it from creasing/melting/falling off. UD eye primers work like a charm!

Quote:
And speaking of MAC, I gave in and got All Fired Up. I L O V E it, but I feel like I'll never like another lipstick as much as I love their first one I got, Flat Out Fabulous. I've seen other lipsticks I like from their range, but most of them are dupeable in terms of color.
Is All Fired Up the second one you purchased? I want to try some lipsticks and need to ask for some tips . On my birthday in March though, I got a free gift from Sephora and they gave me this lipstick set from Nars in Cruella and Rikugien.

The Cruella is the red and the Rikugien is the pinkish nude one. I haven't tried the red one because I can't wear a red lip, but I tried Rikugien and it gets lost on my lips. It's the same color, but I do love how it applies. So creamy and smooth! I might try some from their brand because I love how easy it glides.

k r i s tine | my art
Old 05-16-2015, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

my son woke me up earlier than we'd have to be on a weekday! And it's Saturday. #notchuffed
Old 05-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lights (View Post)
It's really beautiful. I first bought it last year and was hesitant, but it's a really warm color that goes great on any skin color.

I don't own a lot of MAC shadows, but yeah it all depends on the finish. Whenever I do buy their shadows I usually try to buy the mattes because they're not messy, but Amber Lights is a frost finish with the shimmer. Shimmer shadows are famous for fall outs, but whenever I use shimmer I put on UD's eye primer in Sin which is for shimmer and prevents it from creasing/melting/falling off. UD eye primers work like a charm!
It looks awesome in those pics!

I need to invest in a good eye primer - the one I had before was from the drugstore and did absolutely nothing. It took me forever to finish it, too, but I hate throwing away stuff I've paid for without using it. Now I'm just using cream eyeshadows as base for whatever powders I want to apply over them. It works well, but not always you have the right shade for certain eyeshadows.

Speaking of Urban Decay a friend of mine has the Vice 3 (?) palette and the colors are so pretty... but man the fall out is worse than on palettes I bought for 1/4 of UD's prices.
Quote:
Is All Fired Up the second one you purchased? I want to try some lipsticks and need to ask for some tips. On my birthday in March though, I got a free gift from Sephora and they gave me this lipstick set from Nars in Cruella and Rikugien.
They look great, especially Cruella!

I've got a lot of lipsticks, but not many of them are high-brand. I wanted to get something from the Audacious lipsticks line from Nars, but each of them is €30/32 here and I can't deal with that price - MAC's €19 is the maximum my wallet can handle for a single shade.

BTW, yep that my second MAC lipstick - both my purchases are Retro-Matte finishes, so super opaque and with a not very smooth application, but they don't dry my lips as much as I feared and the color pay-off and the amount of time they stay on are amazing. I usually apply lip balm and dab it off with a tissue before I put them on. Should get a lip primer, but I always forget.

I looked at a ton of MAC swatches, and if you want some recs, if I were you I would give a try to any of these once you're at their store:

Brave - satin finish:

Chatterbox - amplified finish:

Please Me - matte finish:

As an alternative to red - Craving, amplified finish:

Girl About Town - amplified finish (because it's summer! Fuchsia is the best for summer , imo - unless you're into oranges - I look like crap in too warm shades so I can't you there, never tried many):

Cheap, very valid alternatives:

Milani's Plumrose:

and Naturally Chic:

I don't know if this is too dark for you, but I adore Uptown Mauve and have been using it a lot - some would say it's a winter-y shade but I plan to make good use of it in summer, too. It makes me feel super elegant for some reason:

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish 104:

And I think you told me you've already tried Sephora's own lip stains? I've heard great things about them.

How about Too Faced's Melted lipsticks? Excellent reviews about those, too - here are Peony and Fig:

Quote:
The Cruella is the red and the Rikugien is the pinkish nude one. I haven't tried the red one because I can't wear a red lip, but I tried Rikugien and it gets lost on my lips. It's the same color, but I do love how it applies. So creamy and smooth! I might try some from their brand because I love how easy it glides.
I went to check them on sephora.it - damn they are €26.5 - but they look GREAT.
You should try the Dolce Vita and Never Say Never shades.

BTW, before I posted that gazillion recs, I should have asked you what kind of colors/finishes you were looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
my son woke me up earlier than we'd have to be on a weekday! And it's Saturday. #notchuffed
Kids always wake up early when they are supposed to sleep, and never want to get off the bed when you're in a hurry.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Speaking of Urban Decay a friend of mine has the Vice 3 (?) palette and the colors are so pretty... but man the fall out is worse than on palettes I bought for 1/4 of UD's prices.
Oh yeah! I don't own any palettes from their Vice line, but I have their Naked series and oh yes there is fallouts in those too. UD's eye shadows have incredible pigment and are always so rich in color, but the downfall is the fallout.

Quote:
I've got a lot of lipsticks, but not many of them are high-brand. I wanted to get something from the Audacious lipsticks line from Nars, but each of them is €30/32 here and I can't deal with that price - MAC's €19 is the maximum my wallet can handle for a single shade.
So expensive that's why I want to get the right shade. I'm in the same boat as you - I hate wasting money on something I'm going to end up not using.

Quote:
BTW, yep that my second MAC lipstick - both my purchases are Retro-Matte finishes, so super opaque and with a not very smooth application, but they don't dry my lips as much as I feared and the color pay-off and the amount of time they stay on are amazing. I usually apply lip balm and dab it off with a tissue before I put them on. Should get a lip primer, but I always forget.

I looked at a ton of MAC swatches, and if you want some recs, if I were you I would give a try to any of these once you're at their store:
Thank you for the recs! I really love Brave and Please Me. I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I been trying to look for something nude, but pinkish with a matte finish

k r i s tine | my art
Old 05-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lights (View Post)
Oh yeah! I don't own any palettes from their Vice line, but I have their Naked series and oh yes there is fallouts in those too. UD's eye shadows have incredible pigment and are always so rich in color, but the downfall is the fallout.
It's because of that kind of eyeshadow that now I apply eye make-up before foundation, so I can clean off the fall-out.
Quote:
So expensive that's why I want to get the right shade. I'm in the same boat as you - I hate wasting money on something I'm going to end up not using.
Yep. And lipsticks are pretty evil because the color can change a lot from lips to lips, because of their pigmentation and your complexion.
That's another reason why I usually stick to pinks/fuchsia/purples - I know I look good with those shades, normally, so I feel safer than in trying to pick the right red shade for me, for instance.
Quote:
Thank you for the recs! I really love Brave and Please Me. I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I been trying to look for something nude, but pinkish with a matte finish
Please Me should work well, then! Also if you can find it, give a try to Rimmel's 104 - it's also matt, and super good for its price. It's a nude shade, but a bit stronger, so you can wear it at any time of the day but it gives you a little bit of extra color even for an evening date.

I have browning nudes. HATE THEM. I'm pretty pale, and when those shades are too light, it looks like I've put concealer on my lips, if they're darker, they make me look dead, instead. Lol

Another thing I stay away from is too dark shades. On some people they are incredibly elegant and cool, but 9 out of 10 times they look atrocious on me.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I looked into some of Nyx's lipsticks and they look good. Only $6, so it shouldn't hurt too much if I end up not liking it.

k r i s tine | my art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread