Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

Game of Thrones - 4x05 - "First of His Name" - Episode Discussion

"First of His Name"

Cersei and Tywin plan the Crown's next move. Daenerys discusses future plans. Jon Snow begins a new mission.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Banned

Thanks for opening
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Banned

Thanks for the new thread
Old 05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

No Ygritte/Wildlings again!!! This is ridiculous, half way point of the season now and they have had ten minutes air time! I thought Rose was regular character/actress on the show now?? Reoccurring actors/actresses have had more screen time this season!

Anyway the episode - despite the lack of wildlings I really enjoyed this episode!

- Cersei was very good in this episode liked all her scenes especially with Oberyn
- I'm really liking Sansa this season and looking forward to the rest of her storyline
- very good to see Arya and The Hound again loved there scene except for when he hit her!
-Pod and Brienne much needed humour in this episode
- I liked Dany in this episode, finally seeing a different side to her than just being worshipped all the time.
- So glad Meera was saved!! Good riddance to Locke, a mini Stark reunion was sooo close but not to be
- There have been many brutal/grose deaths on GoT but Jon killing Karl was a very 'ugh' moment!!
- and finally Jon and Ghost being reunited

Last edited by starshine7; 05-05-2014 at 02:21 PM
Old 05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Banned

No Ygritte/wildlings!! It's a joke?? 5 episodes and less than 10 min on screen!! I'm just so disappointed and angry!!
I can't imagine how Enora will react.

But I liked Dany in Meereen

Arya/the Hound it's always cool and Brienne/Pod are funny together.

I loved the scene between Sansa and Lysa. I think it was very well played and Lysa is very crazy.

The Kings landing scenes were great especially Cersei and Oberyn The new Tommen is cute

I wanted a Jon/Bran reunion but at least he has Ghost
Old 05-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Banned

I'm just so angry that Ygritte and the wildings were not in the episode! They were in only two episodes on five while their storyline is very important. It's unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine7 (View Post)
No Ygritte/Wildlings again!!! This is ridiculous, half way point of the season now and they have had ten minutes air time! I thought Rose was regular character/actress on the show now?? Reoccurring actors/actresses have had more screen time this season!
It's the case and it's why I'm more disappointed

In the episode I really liked Brienne and Pod they form a good pair.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Banned

I'm still disappointed by the episode

Yes Rose is a regular character and she has less screen time than a character like Pod! I love Pod but I think it's unfair.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneLyse (View Post)
I'm still disappointed by the episode

Yes Rose is a regular character and she has less screen time than a character like Pod! I love Pod but I think it's unfair.
And Mesandi, Darrio and Greyworm - currently they are reoccurring actors and will be regular characters for S5.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
And Mesandi, Darrio and Greyworm - currently they are reoccurring actors and will be regular characters for S5.
And they already have a lot of screen time
Old 05-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

The recurrent actors you named have more screen time because they're part of the KL and Daenerys storyline... all what matters for them (D&D).

Quote:
I can't imagine how Enora will react.
I don't know what to say! It's beyond understanding!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enora (View Post)
The recurrent actors you named have more screen time because they're part of the KL and Daenerys storyline... all what matters for them (D&D).

I don't know what to say! It's beyond understanding!
I'm not sure because in S3 Ygritte and Jon had good scenes and Robb too. The north storyline was great.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:18 AM
Banned

I think they lose time with this storyline (Jon/Bran/the mutineers), the time they should use for the wildlings scenes.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlineWild (View Post)
I think they lose time with this storyline (Jon/Bran/the mutineers), the time they should use for the wildlings scenes.
This!!! Total distraction from the real storyline

Quote:
I'm not sure because in S3 Ygritte and Jon had good scenes and Robb too. The north storyline was great.
But they were regular characters so should be having good screen time just like Dany and co did...but it hasn't carried on for the north in S4
Old 05-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlineWild (View Post)
Yes it's a waste of time because they don't show the wildlings. But it was good scenes.

Quote:

But they were regular characters so should be having good screen time just like Dany and co did...but it hasn't carried on for the north in S4
Yes in S4 there is a lack of them.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
This!!! Total distraction from the real storyline

This!

I think the episode was the weakest of the season.