Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

"You Got Served" {Episode 5x05: October 22th, 2015} Episode Discussion

“You Got Served” – Olivia knows she can’t handle this latest storm on her own and calls for help from an unexpected source. Meanwhile, Mellie and Cyrus continue to pull strings from the sidelines and Jake is still occupied by a ghost from his past, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker.

“You Got Served” was written by Zahir McGhee and directed by Kevin Bray.

The series is created by Shonda Rhimes (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”). Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”), Mark Wilding and Tom Verica are executive producers. “Scandal” is produced by ABC Studios.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 10-21-2015, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Can´t wait!!! Tonorrow!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Why do I get the feeling that Fitz is the villain in this whole mess and the only thing he did was failed to keep his carrot in his pants. I take that back. His father is to blame. Grant Sr. started this mess when he raped Mellie. Okay, Fitz is not the villain. But why do I find myself wishing he would end up as the loser in this situation? Oh yes. It's because I think he is a self-involved man child.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Wow..... that episode.... O_O
Old 10-23-2015, 04:57 AM
Elite Fan

I haven´t watched it yet!!! Can´t wait!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

AMAZING episode. Twists all over the place. Honestly I have to watch it again because Last night I kept saying to myself "oh I have to post about this" and now I can't remember!! It was so good!

Highlights:
Olivia meeting Jake's wife. His comment about her preferring married men.
Marcus turning the tables on the committee by spying on them!
Olivia's use of "Get It On" as a smokescreen (sound screen ) to tell Fitz about the tape.
Fitz bringing Cyrus back - holy crap!!!

Old 10-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Although Jake's "you have a type" comment to Olivia was kinda hilarious, I'm not much of a fan of Jake being married. This feels quite random. I love Jake though, so I hope he is happy....although that wouldn't make for the best tv, would it? We need to see more of his wife.

Olivia telling Fitz about the tape was funny.

Fitz/Cyrus was a pretty powerful scene.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

I actually loved the mometn between Cyrus and Mellie while Cyrus is gorging on brownies! hahaha!

Actually, I;m glad that Cyrus is back in the white house! I love seeing him work, even when he gives Satan a run for his money. Cyrus the demon behind the curtain is EPIC!

Liv and Fitz.... and that SONG!!! I tried not to laugh at the choice of songs!! hahaha!!I loved it, especially when Liv cranked the sound up!! hahah! Oh wow! lol!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie (View Post)
Although Jake's "you have a type" comment to Olivia was kinda hilarious, I'm not much of a fan of Jake being married. This feels quite random. I love Jake though, so I hope he is happy....although that wouldn't make for the best tv, would it? We need to see more of his wife.

Olivia telling Fitz about the tape was funny.

Fitz/Cyrus was a pretty powerful scene.
Me neither, I just think it's funny how obvious some rewrites are getting. They are literally throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks and Jake having a wife now is one of them. The biggest rewrite being that SR said Liv's ring means nothing for three years, then Fitz gave it her, to now it's diamonds (even though it's a regular old, cheap ring with no diamonds on it) GMAFB. Oh now apparently Mellie knew about it, the writing/rewriting is so blantent and laughable right now. I could care less about Jake's new rewritten wife since it's obvious as hell she is working with Rowan or Maya and will screw him over eventually ending with a bullet to the dome most likely.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
The rewrite being that SR said Liv's ring means nothing for three years, then Fitz gave it her, to now it's diamonds (even though it's a regular old, cheap ring with no diamonds on it) GMAFB. Oh now apparently Mellie knew about it, the writing/rewriting is so blantent and laughable right now.
IKR!! If that ring had any significance to Mellie in the past, she would have used that before now. I was searching my brain trying to remember something about the ring but am glad it's not me being clueless.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Love the episode although I find some deux ex-machina like When Mellie knew about the ring and why she didn´t say anything before?

I love Olivia´s interview. She was completely honest for once. Being in love with Fitz has brought her many problems but she can´t stop loving him.

I love the team Fitz and Olivia make. They´re great together and they understand themselves perfectly many times they don´t need words.

Cyrus and Mellie want the same. Power. And both will betray the other for that power.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
Cyrus and Mellie want the same. Power. And both will betray the other for that power.
Exactly!! Unless Cyrus plays double agent with Fitz but I doubt that will happen.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

While Fitz has the power, Cyrus will be with him, always
Old 10-24-2015, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Jake being married is a rewrite, at least I don't really recall him ever saying anything about his love life before Olivia. To me the story kind of made sense. He was married, though she was dead, moved on. Now she just is back. Still, this obviously will have to get into Liv's story as well. Olake acted as good friends this episode, but I doubt Liv was 100% neutral with finding out Jake has someone.
This episode was sort of disappointing for me, I hoped Cy would be firm in his intentions.