Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

"The Miseducation of Susan Ross" {5x16: 31st March, 2016} Episode Discussion

Quote:
“The Miseducation of Susan Ross” – Following the first Republican debate, Olivia is presented with damaging information about an opponent and enlists the Gladiators to verify its authenticity. Meanwhile, David deals with fallout from his dating life, and Cyrus continues to work on his own political agenda, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY, MARCH 31 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North, Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker and Joe Morton as Eli Pope.

Guest cast TBA.

“The Miseducation of Susan Ross” was written by Raamla Mohamed and directed by Scott Foley.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! Interesting episode title!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-30-2016, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

I´m afraid!!! I don´t want Susan to change for worse
Old 03-30-2016, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want Susan to change for the bad either.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

I never thought of that but it would be so bad is she did.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Please Shonda, don´t ruin Susan
Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Can't wait for tomorrow. TFTNT

Old 03-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Can´t wait!!!! I hope the episode is focus on Susan
Old 03-31-2016, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh I'm so nervous about what Liv was told Susan did that was horrible enough for blackmail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
Please Shonda, don´t ruin Susan
Agreed!!!!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-31-2016, 03:01 AM
Elite Fan

I can´t believe Susan can hide something horrible.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

I just can't believe Susan can have done something so bad it should change our perception of her so dramatically tbh. I guess it will be something that looks bad for Republicans but not for a regular person that's willing to understand where she came from. By which I don't mean it can't damage her campaign, she does seem like the weakest candidate to me.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

Although she seems the weakest candidate I hope she wins
Old 03-31-2016, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not going to review the full episode but...

The Marcus and Mellie scenes were absolutely everything.
I think Marcus is sort of the person Mellie needs right now because of how real he keeps it, and he's explaining why she isn't liked and why she doesn't have a change of winning this election if she keeps going at it the way she's going.
He is slowly helping her take herself lightly and not take everything so seriously!

Speaking of keeping it real. I like the new look Fitz and Olivia relationship, it's all about keeping it real. I can get with that.
I loved their scenes a lot, how they can argue with one another and then drink scotch. lol it all worked out well.

I loved the Jake, Edison and Pope scenes so much. Jake facial expressions had me laughing. lol
Old 04-01-2016, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Marcus is sort of the person Mellie needs right now because of how real he keeps it, and he's explaining why she isn't liked and why she doesn't have a change of winning this election if she keeps going at it the way she's going.
ITA! Their scenes were a highlight in an episode that was keeping itself too seriously and I just couldn't enjoy for that reason, but this relationship kept it grounded and had a realistic function. I hope we get to see more of them or at least of their realistic approach to Mellie's problem with being "human" and popular. But then again I love Mellie and I love Marcus and if they can always do this together I'll be happy about it.

Quote:
Speaking of keeping it real. I like the new look Fitz and Olivia relationship, it's all about keeping it real. I can get with that.
I agree again! I never shipped Olitz for a second so far but after the Christmas fall out this new beginning might perform the magic. Now that he's no longer a whiny, self-righteous, clingy imbecile I might dig it. My prediction: when they do reunite he'll find out she aborted his child and he'll sulk. Because it's just a relationship that can't work as a happy one on tv and that's why they're not together.

As for the episode overall: it tried too hard. Olivia's been in this world for half of her life and she (and her associates!) is still surprised she must sometimes play dirty? And Huck and Quinn of all people are playing moral compass? I'm uncomfortable with TV writers playing with my intelligence. I also found that the plot went too far with Susan's ex and his suicide in particular. Not to mention that the whole thing was poorly put together: Susan was lying about being married, wasn't that enough? What's with the DNA and prison drama? She could have been exposed about that and she would have brought it on herself.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

I do think Olivia went too far with the father of Susan's child. If for no other reason that it caused him to commit suicide.

That said I loved Susan's win at the debate. Call me crazy but her speech made me tear up. And it was true to a point, I guess. I'm certainly not going to judge her actions.

ITA about the Mellie/Marcus relationship. The audience loved her reading those tweets and laughing a bit at herself.