Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

"Inside the Bubble" {Episode 4x03: October 09th, 2014} Episode Discussion

“Inside the Bubble” – An old friend (Sonya Walger) returns for help after her daughter goes missing, Cyrus has an awkward run in during a business breakfast, and Jake uses his connections to get some answers. Meanwhile, Mellie becomes obsessed with a national news story and David goes to great lengths to prove himself, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY OCTOBER 9 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Jacob “Jake” Ballard.

“Inside the Bubble” was written by Matt Byrne and directed by Randy Zisk.

Source:Spoiler TV | The TV Spoilers Site

Last edited by helpmenow; 10-09-2014 at 04:09 PM
Old 10-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Supreme Fan

tftnt!
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 10-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright I enjoyed that episode, my three favorite characters tonight.

FITZ!, JAKE “FREAKING” Ballard! and Quinn "BLUNT HONEST" Perkins.

I love Jake for not lowering himself to be with someone who loves another man. It was different when they were standing out in the sun. So I think right now he wants it all, and I understand that.
Jake telling off Papa Pope. I didn't see that scene coming, that was one of the few scenes where anybody had the advantage up on Rowan.

I loved that Jake didn't even flinch when Pope stabbed the knife into the table.

Quinn telling Olivia and Huck off was very well deserved. She disappears for 24 hours and none of them notices? and then the team [including Abby] is shocked when something bad happens. That was definitely one of my favorite Quinn scenes.
Quinn was just boss in this episode, although I don't know how I feel about her kissing Charlie. I loved when she handled him like boss as well though. lol
I love Huck telling Quinn he'll look for her the next time she goes MIA.

Fitz, I loved him during this episode. This was my favorite episode of him.
Although that last Abby/Fitz scene was... It just seemed like something intimate was going to happen there. I want them to become friends... and that's it. I loved that scene. I love Abby telling Fitz her name. lol
I loved Fitz finally was like a President today!! "Our best isn't enough anymore!" Thank you Mr. President, show up some more will you.

This whole episode was enjoyable for me.

Oh and again, I feel for Mellie.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to need a day to process the episode completely, but I agree, Quinn was boss in this one. I loved how she handled Charlie and for what she said to Olivia and Huck. I think her kissing Charlie had less to do with wanting him back than it being about the truthfulness of his words. They are all trying to find more meaning in what they're doing, because the status quo isn't enough anymore. Like Rowan told Olivia, the reentry can be an adjustment.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I just loved the scene with Jake and Rowan (even though I was suprised he found out everything he did so fast and revealing it to Rowan so fast too) That was badass, loved how he didn't flinch when Rowan stabbed near his fingers. I hope Jake tells Liv what he found out and doesn't sit on it, and I wonder if the picture of Jake talking to Fitz next week at the WH has anything to do with that but I see a Rowan death coming regardless. More Jake and Rowan scenes please! I love the rivalry.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:48 PM
New Fan

This show has no direction but downward.

I still don't know what Olivia wants or what she's thinking or why she still hasn't reacted to the loss of her mother. The whole show seems to be in a haze of crazy nonsense. Everything feels contrived. Sorry. I'm just being honest. It's like Shonda decided that she had to make Olivia and Cyrus dumb and dumber to present everything else as believable. It makes no sense that Olivia would be the way she is with the parents she has. She would be running things, anticipating schemes. But instead she's strolling through the garden of outlandish and cartoonery in a haze. It is clear that the show won't ever return to the greatness of season 1 and 2A.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

I love the Jake and Papa Pope scene at the dining room table, Liv had no idea what was going on
Old 10-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

I thought this episode was a great head nod to the audience by setting up our characters and where their stories are going. Rowan and Olivia's conversation set the tone. All of our characters are having a time re-entering their lives. The adjustment period is awkward and..."colder". However, every one is attempting to with varying degrees of success. Take Mellie. After her breakdown and Abbie's sobering "chat" she tried to find something to focus on besides her grief. Sadly, the one person who should have been on her side only indulged more of her obsessive behaviour. Even after "Gabbie" tried to warn him, he just let her go on and sat there looking at her like the rest of the cabinet like she was nuts when it blew up in her face. What a coward. Thank goodness for Abbie at the moment. I felt so bad for Mellie. The woman is falling apart right in front of everyone and no one except for Abbie is paying any attention. To add insult to injury, he brings Abbie into the bubble under the pretense of thanking her about Mellie but really wanting to know about Olivia. What a tool. Then there's Cyrus. For all of his antics, he too is a man grieving a loss. Cyrus under normal circumstances would see Michael coming or definitely suspect his interest, but he's lonely and horny apparently, so, he doesn't realize he's being set up.

Then there's the case of the week.... or as I like to think of it as Olivia's cautionary tale. Her old college friend has been sexing up her daughters boyfriend. Why? Because she was bored out of her gourd despite the big house, the money and going from mistress to main chick. The grass is never as green as we think it will be on the other side. David might end up being the most surprising character this season. He too is having a time finding his place in his new position and everyone from the president down are quick to remind him of the fact he doesn't quite fit in. So, he does what everyone else has done he uses the leverage he's got although he wasn't prepared for the consequences of using it. He's going to have to eventually. Quinn was boss in this episode. Next to Jake, she seems to be the only one adjusting the best, but Charlie (whoever thought he could be that deep) words made her think. So, when she went off on Olivia and Huck for their negligence in not even noticing she was missing for 24hrs, and that this why Harrison was dead because no one was paying attention, I wanted to clap. Bravo, crazy Quinn for speaking up and saying what needed to be said.

Olivia...what to make of her behavior. Well, like she told Rowan, she's struggling to readjust to her former life. She's not standing in the sun any more and it's colder. Sadly, she's trying to find normal where it never existed. Dropping by to see her dad just because? Asking Jake to have dinner with him? Oh, Olivia you couldn't have thought that was a good idea even for a moment. She is also coming to the realization that Jake has checked out as her emotional support. Sex? Sure, but that's it. There will be no more limping along two opinions with him and despite herself she is bothered by his sudden distancing. Then there's Jake. He is going to be so fun to watch this season. Let's begin with his checking Olivia on her BS in asking him to have dinner with her father. His you're not my girlfriend stung, but like he told her...if she wad he'd go despite his misgivings. Then checking her again when she showed up at his room for sex. This is like the fifth time he has given her a chance to woman up and give him something besides a distraction or evasive response on where he stands with her. And because she hasn't or won't he's not waiting around to be let down by her running back to Fitz. Good!

However, the best part was Jake confronting Rowan on killing Harrison and the president's son. What a delicious scene. While Rowan is not one to be messed, I saw some fear in his eyes and with any fortune, I think we're going to get the chance to see why Rowan recruited Jake into B613 and why Rowan chose him to surveil Olivia. Jake is taking on the devil himself, which could also explain why he's distancing from Olivia too. Whatever the reason, I like it, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Olivia will handle it and the showdown between he and Rowan.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 10-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

Very interesting insight about the episode!!! I agree with everything.

As you think, seems very plausible that the reason Jake is distancing from Olivia is because his SL this season is gonna be the confrontation with Rowan. But I´m sure he won´t b alone because when Fitz finds out he killed his son, she will confront him too. And I hope, Olivia confronts him also.

Bravo for Quinn, she was the boss last episode. I love her!!!

Agree about Cyrus, he feels alone that´s why he doesn´t investigate the guy.

And about Abby and David they are inside the bubble now. The question if it will destroy them like it has destroyed everyone in it. In David case, it seems so, in Abby, who knows??
Old 10-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Great episode.

I don't like that they have put Abby and Olivia at odds. Both are strong, independent, successful women and there is no need to bow to the stereotype that women can't get along.

Cyrus is in big trouble with this guy. I knew Portia's character (don't know her name) set him up.

Jake is stepping into bad territory digging into Pope's business. I know he is trying to do well, but that is not going to end well for Jake.

I am glad that Abby decided to open her mouth to Fitz. How rude of him to not even take the time to learn her name. Then to want to talk to her about Olivia? I never liked Olivia and Fitz together and I'm rooting against them

Old 10-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatcutie (View Post)
Cyrus is in big trouble with this guy. I knew Portia's character (don't know her name) set him up.

I am glad that Abby decided to open her mouth to Fitz. How rude of him to not even take the time to learn her name. Then to want to talk to her about Olivia?
Portia's character is Elizabeth. We knew she was up to something when she sent Michael in to see him the previous episode. I wonder where this will lead? Blackmail? Somehow how his name gets out? I'm actually really liking his storyline

So agreed about Abby. How many people has he been around that have called her Abby and he still continued to call her Gabby!?!? I'm glad she called him on that and then he pretty much doesn't care about her and just uses her for information about Olivia...
It was a Perfect Illusion