Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

"Get Out of Jail, Free" {Episode 5x06: October 29th, 2015} Episode Discussion

HOW FAR IS FITZ WILLING TO GO? ON ABC’S “SCANDAL”

“Get Out of Jail, Free” – Fitz and Olivia are presented with a shocking plan that might just make all of their troubles go away, and Mellie is put through the ringer when confronted about her troubled marriage. Meanwhile, the Gladiators continue to defend Olivia, and Susan Ross turns to David for advice, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker.

“Get out of Jail, Free” was written by Chris Van Dusen and directed by Chandra Wilson.

The series is created by Shonda Rhimes (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”). Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”), Mark Wilding and Tom Verica are executive producers. “Scandal” is produced by ABC Studios.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

New episode tonight!!!

Just a few hours!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Liv...... this is gonna come back and bite you in the ass....
Old 10-30-2015, 02:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Dito

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 10-30-2015, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

I haven´t watched it yet!!! Should I be worried??
Old 10-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

You might worry a little spoilers ahead!

I liked this episode, or to be more precise I like that 1) Olivia chose not to marry Fitz 2) Jake and Mellie called their respective exes on their **** (Mellie slayed!) 3) Susan finally had screen time.
On the other hand, why would Mellie actually free the two killers of her boy? And obviously I'm not at all happy about Rowan being out.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'm mostly happy that Mellie finally found out that Rowan is Liv's father and that he killed her son. Just sad her own husband and father of her kids never told her, he's too concerned with himself and his penis. Not a Mellie fan but god damn I loved when she ripped that hypocritical, self deluded, selfish, narcassistic toilet seat Fitz apart. He is the common denominator, people sacrifice for his ungrateful ass and he does nothing but treat everyone like crap and act like his shhh don't stink. Another glaring reminder of why his character is awful and why I hate him. I've always said he is a cancer to Liv but that showed even more he is a cancer to EVERYONE. Run like hell Liv! That's her future if she is ever with Fitz, a shell devoid of a life or future. Fitz is not wasting your life and identity on.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I never understood why Fits never told Mellie about Rowan and what he did to Jerry. I'm glad she finally knows and that Olvia told her. Those two together in once scene is always a treat. I didn't understand the end. But a part from that I enjoyed her slaying Fitz as he very much deserved it. Especially the way he acted while she was signing the paper.

Too bad they blamed Harrison, even if he did technically leak the footage of Jeannie. I liked that the OPA gang were kinda together at least for a bit.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've always said he is a cancer to Liv but that showed even more he is a cancer to EVERYONE.
He obviously is. I'm still shocked Cy rushed back to him just because he proved to remember two things about his life, as if that takes away how absolutely horrid he'd been to him.

Quote:
I'm glad she finally knows and that Olvia told her.
Me too. I'm always a bit sorry whenever they share scenes because Mellie ends up saying horrible things and Liv only doesn't strike back because (I'm guessing) she's aware of the pain she caused her and knows Mellie probably doesn't even mean them. I read a review saying that Liv told her about Eli because she was striking back and being mean for once, but I actually think she was feeling terrible, willing to come clean and possibly hoping to make that their last conversation ever. But it can't be, hopefully. Ive been waiting for Mellivia for ages and now that's all I care about.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Someone can explain me why Mellie free the killer of his son??
Old 10-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Someone can explain me why Mellie free the killer of his son??
Old 10-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

I find that to be completely random and absurd, but I'm guessing maybe, possibly, she thinks it's a way to give a sense to the end of her senator career and personal life by exploiting the very people who ruined everything.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

I suppose but it seems that she didn´t love her son because it matters more to her having power that the love she had for her son and after what we saw I can´t believe that.

I believe that she love power more than Fitz but his son??
Old 10-31-2015, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

I don't think so. Again it's an over the top move I believe they only made for shock value, but for the way this show is written I can see Mellie, who had just told Fitz that he essentially made her life a pointless one, thinking that maybe it can have a point now if she uses the Popes for her own purpose. Being president is the one obtainable thing she desires at this point, we remember the scene where her husband asked her. She knows he got over what Eli did because of Olivia, she possibly thinks so can she. Also it's not a choice she made right away, she was distraught at first but then she probably reasoned she has nothing to lose.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Good episode.

I'm surprised/not surprised Liz called Jake for advice on whether or not she should marry Fitz!! She's treating someone who loves her like a BFF and goes to him for relationship advice!?!?!?!? I'm glad Jake cut her off.

Cyrus had a blank expression for most of the episode.

So, now that she said "yes" will Liv really marry Fitz? I can't imagine it would end up being that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I've always said he is a cancer to Liv but that showed even more he is a cancer to EVERYONE.
Truer words were never spoken!!!!!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."