Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Supreme Fan

"Baby Made a Mess" {Episode 4x07: November 6th, 2014} Episode Discussion

4x07: Baby Made a Mess
November 6th, 2014 @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern

Episode Description
Olivia, still unable to believe that Jake is guilty, sets her eyes on Tom for additional information, and when Leo Bergen’s newest client causes a gut wrenching reaction, her associates spring into action. Meanwhile, Huck continues to play with fire, Mellie makes a power move and Elizabeth’s shocking alliance is revealed.

PROMOS!
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 11-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was amazing.
That ending. So much happened!!!! JUST WOW!

Alright, I gotta start with Huck and his son Javi. They were my favorite part of the whole damn episode. Just too beautiful to watch. At first I was like "What the heck is Javi thinking, meeting someone he doesn't even know at his age... parents, that's why you moderate what your children is doing." so I was worried for Javi for the future but I wasn't worried because we as viewers knew he was chatting with Huck.
That scene was just so sad when Huck was staring at Javi from a distance. You can just tell how badly he wanted to go out there and probably even hug him but he couldn't and he just left.

That last scene however. I didn't see coming at all, Javi knew Huck was his Father and he can track from IP Address? he's sure got a pretty smart kid, doesn't he?
I really hope though, Huck having contact with Javi, doesn't put him in danger. BUT I'm so intrigued about what's going to happen, what we are going ti see.
So I just loved everything with that.

Olivia had many things going on tonight, still trying to prove Jake innocence. Conflicted with her feelings for both Jake and Fitz. Trying to stop Abby's ex-husband Chip from being the Senator of Virginia, while trying to help the opposition Susan become one. Because Chip is the abusive ex husband, which isn't best for business. Olivia as campaign manager, and basically leader helps Susan becomes Senator of the state! Olivia does what she does best, help.

I just love how much the Abby/Olivia friendship is sort of rebuilding again, for the better. It's awesome to watch. To see Abby call Olivia, and Olivia comes into the White House unseen to help her friend -- or you can even say sister, because even when they are at odds, they are still there for one another like sister's would be. It was just a nice episode for them.
I enjoyed Abby's character today... and Abby/Leo pairing? we'll see how this goes.

That Tom/Olivia scene was a powerful one, and man how much does Tom ship Olitz? He was struck by her beauty, cause this was the first time he really got to take a good look at her. I loved the conversation because it was a bit of Tom telling the full truth about Fitz mental state after Olivia left, while mixing those lies about Jake's responsibility. He explained to Olivia that Fitz never believed she really left, so they checked in her apartment and he made this noise... that wasn't even like a cry, but something he never heard before. Basically that's how depressed he was...
Which proved to me what I already knew, he was more upset about losing Liv than losing his son. So I didn't learn anything new.

The Olivia/Fitz phone scenes, is something fans of their's can gush about for the week. So much sexual tension with just words over the phone. Liv getting hot and bothered while Fitz believes in the hope, and I still didn't know how to feel about it.

I loved Mellie in this one, just being old school Mellie: handling things how we are accustomed to. I felt bad for her when she walked in on Fitz talking to Olivia. I liked her tv interview and lovEDDD!!! her telling off Fitz. I loved her speaking the absolute truth! she stood by all his nonsense for 18 years, but she hits rock bottom for two months and he knocked her down and made her feel even worst then she should feel, and the reason she hit rock bottom was because she loss her son. So I agree with Mellie, you go girl.

The reveal in the end! Olivia handled things as her Father evil Rowan would, and she got recorded answers. Making Fitz look shock, and it leads to a trio ending.

This episode was amazing. I mentioned everything about the episode I could remember. lol This is a long enough review, so I'm out!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I found the episode very boring, next week's looks better. Fitz and Liv's crumb of the week aka phone scene was really creepy and nasty to me. The crumbs come across more desperate and random now, what's next Fitz feeling her up at Karen's funeral? Last time he felt her up while Karen was right down the hall and involved in a threesome. Yuck. Poor Jerry, getting laid is more important to Fitz than his son's death and the truth. Puke. It's also not suprising Fitz was more "depressed" over Liv leaving than his son's death. Look at him now, he is more concerned with getting in her panties than Jerry's death and is using that to stay close to Liv. If I was a parent I would be even more appauled and disgusted watching Fitz than I already am. I knew his suicide attempt was about her and not his own flesh and blood son. Just sounds like a junkie going through withdrawal and detox to me, again his obsession with Liv is extremely unhealthy. If I'm supposed to believe their in love (ha) their doing a terrible job. Their nothing but an acid trip fantasy, and nothing substancial and real will ever come from it. Fitz just comes across as a horny stalker that won't take no for an answer. As for Tom, he has gotten as creepy as Fitz and don't try to question Liv about why she left Fitz when you killed his fking son so please STFU. Glad he got shanked, sorry. Agreed with Mellie, Fitz bitches when she is grieving then does it when she is doing her job. He's too busy trying to do Liv and as usual, everyone else has to do his job. Fitz is such a chauvanistic douchebag. The best part of the episode was how Liv got Tom to confess, that's the Liv I feel in love with in S1! That was brilliant and I'm glad she used her brain to save her boo Jake. Loved the ending too with Jake coming in the bunker, I really missed him this episode. I hope Jake and Liv get alot of alone time, she missed him so much and was worried to death about him. She also fought for him, love that she never waived in his innocence even when Fitz kept trying to push it on her cause he's jealous. I haven't cared for Huck since last season but I liked his scenes about his son but I have a bad feeling about this, have a feeling Javi will be hurt or kidnapped if he hangs with Huck but I hope not and I would love for him to reconnect with his family.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Love the episode!!!!

First I love the reunion between Huck and his son They´re like father, like son. I really hope that they have a chance and that nothing happened to Javi. But this is Scandal so I think that something will happen. We need a healthy parents-son relationship.

Other thing I loved is the friendship between Abby/Olivia. Love that Olivia was there for her. Helping her

Other thing, is all the Olitz scenes. I understand that she feels responsible for what is happening to him and that she wants to know he´s okay. But when Tom tod her about his suicide attempt, she back to Fitz mode again. Even though both know they relationship is bad for both, they can´t help themselves. They´re so inl love

Let´s not forget that Olivia is Command´s daughter. In this case like father, like daughter. Both are manipulative. And I didn´t expect that Liv ordered Tom attempt to play him.

Wonder who will be behind Liv´s photos. Her mother?? Lizzie Bear?? Other??

And about the end, love that Olivia,Fitz and Jake reunited finally. And can´t wait to see them beat Rowan. Although I think Olivia will have a hard time till her men start to work together and focusing in what´s important: Rowan.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:33 PM
New Fan

It was the best episode since Season 2.

It's amazing what balanced writing for core characters can do. This writer seemed to actually know the characters, and how to use them wisely without shoving crap down our throats.

I'm going to go rewatch the episode again.

Love love loved Liv & Abby, Liv & Tom, Abby & her abusive husband, Abby & Leo, Huck & his son, Cyrus, Liv standing up to her father, and of course Liv & Fitz.

It was like season 2A old times, which means one of Shonda's cronies will be back next week to take a hatchet job to these characters and shove the pets to the forefront again.

But as it stands, this episode was a reminder of what is necessary to make this show great.

The Liv & Tom scenes gave me chills. Brilliant work.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Yes! Olivia outsmarted her dad. Love that. Love that she got Tom to confess. And I love that she didn't give up on Jake.

Also loving Huck and his son, and I hope there is a happy ending there...