Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

3x18 - The Price of Free and Fair Election - Episode Discussion

"The Price of Free and Fair Elections" - Election Day has arrived and nothing is off limits as the candidates try to capture votes. Meanwhile, Olivia tries to understand Maya's motives and Charlie makes a very surprising move, on the season finale of ABC's "Scandal," THURSDAY, APRIL 17 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Scandal" stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Columbus Short as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Captain Jacob "Jake" Ballard.

"The Price of Free and Fair Elections" was written by Shonda Rhimes and Mark Wilding and directed by Tom Verica.

SEASON 3 FINALE
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, this episode should be great
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Agree. I can´t wait!!!! I´m so excited for tomorrow!!!

I have no idea what will happen!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, is Harrison dead?

And I'm glad that Olivia got on the plane with Jake. I hope when she comes back, she is over and done with Fitz. Even when they thought he was going to lose, he still wanted to stay with Mellie. And some might say they understand it, but who wants somebody to stay with them out of guilt? IDK, man. This show was a wreck this season.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Woah that episode was something else. If you thought Olivia Pope had in master mind, man you haven't met Papa Pope. I was really really shocked when Harrison learns that Rowan Pope was behind mainly everything. He was responsible for Jerry's death but he pent that on Mama Pope. He wanted Olivia to get on that plane, and he knew she'd eventually fold. Olivia wanted Fitz as President, and she got it at an very high price.

Khandi Alexander and Joe Morton were just great additions to the show this season, they portrayed Maya and Rowan to full perfection, I can't wait to see them again next season.

Two thumbs up for Abby and Harrison being the smart ones, Harrison figuring it out was magnificent... although he shouldn't probably kept those details to himself and kept walking out cause it seems like it might have caused him his life. Abby reminding Olivia of what her father was, a liar and a murderer. She didn't want to listen because Rowan is "her father." And she still left.

Huck and Quinn, everybody knows about their "turned on" sexual fantasies including Charlie. I loved that Quinn told Huck about his family, and I didn't expect that to be in the envelop or for Quinn to blurt out loving Huck, that surely too me off guard. The ending of the episode [with a lot of stuff] is Huck showing up to his family's apartment... that's going to be very interesting. Although for some reason I'm concerned... I hope they aren't in danger.

Jerry Grant Jr. dying was unpredictable but Fitz winning the election because of it was very predictable. Once little Jerry died, I knew Fitz was doing the second term. Fitz really haven't been deserving of any Presidency term, he's sadly been have it giving to him. Although this second term is at a very horrible fate, his son dying BUT the first was because of the politicians rigging the box. lolol

The secret is finally out, Olivia revealed to Fitz that Mellie was raped, I liked how it was handled. He didn't want to believe it until Olivia really broke it down and explained to him how Big Jerry was, that's when the revelation hit in. I loved him going to comfort Mellie right away, and just hugging her while Mellie said she tried to fight him. It was a sad moment.

I really disliked that scene in the end with Fitz and Mellie, it upset me because his son just died.. like literally just died and he can talk about "where's Olivia?" just... wow. I guess it makes since, since he didn't have an close relationship with his son.. and Olivia can "fix him."

Olivia deciding to quite OPA was something I didn't see coming, I agree with Abby "over the cliff" so for her to just quit, it's something I didn't see coming at all. Huck looked very broken about it which made him contact Jake. Jake told her he wanted to go with her, and I love how Olivia stated yet again that she's in love with another man. I liked that she didn't want to lead anyone on, just telling the simple truth but it was so sweet how Jake wanted to see the sun with Olivia, I loved that she took Jake with her.

This season really has me enjoying Olivia/Jake more than Olitz, but I still enjoy some Olitz scene, especially that phone scene tonight.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Well, as a whole I found the episode boring. The only things that weren't were scenes with Jerry dying, what Rowan did, and Liv leaving with Jake. Everyone knew Fitz was winning again zzz. Jake was right once again about Rowan, Liv is a fool to think he won't ever hurt her cause he's her father. I knew something was up with him when he said he wouldn't harm a hair on Fitz's head. I hated that an innocent child died but in a way I believe it's karma cause Fitz has just been despicable and disgusting since last season. Hopefully his son's death (and ever since the rape, I always thought Jerry was Fitz's so wasn't suprised to hear that) will make him be a better father but I bet he will still only care about getting in Liv's panties first and foremost and make sure Mellie doesn't have other men either. Glad the rape is out, had a feeling that would come out and Fitz/Mellie unshockingly staying together. Harrison might as well die, he will never be written for and CS sounds like a psycho. Everything about Huck makes me sick now (him and Harrison were my faves in the past now I don't care about any of them) but I'm glad he is seeing his family. I didn't see Liv just leaving OPA either, but I did see the running off with Jake coming after that SF/KW finale interview. To be honest, I don't see her staying gone long. I feel like it will be the S3 premiere all over again. They made it seem like the whole season was all about Liv fighting for her life after Fitz leaked her name then poof, they make another girl take the fall and they do the same on and off bs they always do zzz! I hope not though, have her be gone for a while (with fine ass Jake) and work on herself cause she definately needs to. Her character has sucked this season and has tons of issues. I would hope she moves on from Fitz but I expect SR to keep her trapped with those repetitive crumbs since she will have to wait ANOTHER four years now. Would be better to just move her on. Her thing with Fitz is toxic and will never amount to anything. Hope she has fun with Jake.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Scandal season 3 was what Greys anatomy season 3 was to me, a mess. Trying to be too clever and just felt really direction-less at times.

Season 1 and 2 there was direction there were goals this year just seemed all over the place with some really great moments but too many low moments. Also Liv's dad's speeches become way less impactful when you hear them every episode

I want to go back to political scandals no more b613 because I really enjoyed the election stuff but everything bar that was a mess
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Not a bad episode, but I didn't find anything super shocking.

We all knew Fitz was going to get reelected. I mean, if he doesn't, I don't see how the show continues, because he wouldn't be in DC for Liv anymore. So, whatever.

Lil Jerry dying had me shocked for a little bit, but I knew Maya wasn't the one that killed him. It just seemed to easy and Rowan wanted something. It was a good twist, but I had figured it out before. Also, if you don't see the body, the person isn't dead. Example, Rowan telling Fitz that Maya was.

Harrison is in a interesting predicament. I wonder if he dies, but a part of me feels like Rowan will save him but he will be the new member of B613.

Olivia quiting her job was a twist, but again, we know that will last like 1/2 - 1 episode of next season before she returns.

The bomb was useless to me. What a waste, IMO.

Overall, it seems very just setting up stuff for next season. I enjoyed Season 3, it wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't terrible.
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

I don´t know what to say.

As you I knew Fitz would be relected but I didn´t expect his son has to died to it. I loved the Olitz phonecall, I knew she would say I love you. And then she repeated it to Jake. I also loved that Fitz went to see Mellie after finding out about the rape.

I´m curious about what is gonna happening with Huck and his family. And with Huck and Quinn. I´m sure she will stand by him. She loves him.

About Harrison, i don´t know what to think. Somethimes I think he will die and other I think he won´t.

In some weird way, Olivia´s parents are giving her what she wants (Fitz president) and what she needs (Fitz not being president). It´s sad that both things are opposite.

I should be happy for Olivia for finally leave all and run away but I´m not. And that´s because it was her father´s plan since the beggining. Although I´m sure she will come back in the premiere. She won´t be happy for long.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

I liked the finale. Huck finding his family should be interesting to see if anything develops from that, I don't know though, he's pretty damaged. Olivia going off with Jake was great but she will probably be back in the first episode. What will become of Jake now that Papa Pope is Command again? It was funny to me when they opened the hatch and there was Mama Pope in the hole. I was surprised Command didn't kill her. I knew Fitz would be reelected, it would have had to be something big to trump what Sally did and it certainly was. I felt sorry for the family with his son being killed. Papa Pope and Mama Pope are evil but great actors. Glad we'll be seeing them again next season
Old 04-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

good episode.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:25 PM
New Fan

The Ultimate Twist

I was underwhelmed by the finale, because I thought the bomb was going to blow up the entire city or be hidden under the white house instead. Other tun that, great twists.

I see it as everyone is Papa Pope's puppet, even Jake.

I think that Papa Pope is lying about Maya Pope seducing him to gain secrets. I think Maya was a recruited B16 assassin in the past that Papa Pope fell in love with and married, thus Olivia. Something went wrong, so he locked up his wife for all those years. Now Maya's back in the b16 box as if she is an asset to him that he can't afford to lose. But why? Or I think Maya's only ever been a loyal b16 agent (not a real wife) and her duty was to feign marriage for 12 years, birth a kid, and then go underground until further need, i.e. getting Olivia out of the city and out of his business and out of an affair with the president.

If Maya is a b 16 puppet, then I think it was Papa Pope's plan all along to let others think there was a threat against the president's life, bombs here, bombs there, when really it was all going to come down to the ultimate death of Fitz's son...something he could never forgive Olivia for...something that would ensure Sallie would not become VP...the only possible event that would ensure Fitz would reinstate Papa Pope as command. In the next 4 years I think Papa Pope will execute more of his plan to have his ideal candidate for the republic elected at the next term.

I think Jake was the ideal candidate in Papa Pope's eyes for Oliva...and everything he's had Jake to is to be the one man in Oliva's life that is ultimately controlled by the father. Jake wouldn't have even tried to pursue Olivia again if it wasn't his duty. She hurt him really really really bad, if he was dealing with his human emotions, he wouldn't have bounced back so fast.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I keep expecting an episode where Jake reports back to Command. I love Jake but I think this whole B-613 is too much indoctrinated into him.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

All of S3 people said Jake was working for Rowan even though they clearly hate each other's guts. First it was Rowan let Jake out the hole so he can work for him, then when Jake took his job it was that Jake was still working with Rowan even though Jake threatened to kill him in private, now he is working with Rowan again after giving David huge dirt on B613 when Rowan is back in the job (cause of Fitz's dumb ass) The thing is, Jake isn't working with Rowan and never was. They want to kill each other, so that theory is dead and done with. Some have said that all of S3 and it never came to fruitation so that was wrong *shrugs*
Old 04-20-2014, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

I was thinking maybe the reason Papa Pope didn't kill Mama Pope is just because she is Olivia's mother. Why else would he keep her around unless its just to torture her for what she did to him